Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Viola

I think it's going to take a different type of player to play her effectively, so...the sooner you all beat people who are, bandwagoning her, the sooner more people drop her, the sooner people stop complaining so much about her. I could give ideas where to start but I don't want to make things harder on myself. >_>

But, yeah, after you figure her out...perhaps we can tackle the Beast Known as Mits... =(

Nope, she'll be complained about until she gets nerfed. Bandwagoners are just along for the ride. And LP, hiding strats to keep things easy? Lol, I know you're a better player than that.

At the moment, I'd rather fight Mitsu since at least he's easy to understand. He's dumb, don't get me wrong, but at least when I block something I know what I can do with my frames.

Nope, she'll be complained about until she gets nerfed. Bandwagoners are just along for the ride. And LP, hiding strats to keep things easy? Lol, I know you're a better player than that.

At the moment, I'd rather fight Mitsu since at least he's easy to understand. He's dumb, don't get me wrong, but at least when I block something I know what I can do with my frames.
i dont think viola will be getting any nerfs anytime soon. daishi mains her and i dont think he would want to weaken his own character.
PS considered her low tier pre patch and hence why she got those buffs.
shes a solid character but i dont think leixia cant compete against. she has huge weaknesses against anyone with range
i think in time people will learn the match up better.
one thing you shouldn't do vs her is give her too much respect,6b+k is easy to interrupt if you predict it shes wide open for punishment.
its so funny how i see players giving her time to set up 6B+k,grab her or even a fast poke should halt her offence.
if your pyrrha you can stab the hell out of all these gimmicky set ups.
playing aggressively vs viola really forces her to become predictable,as she has no time to make set ups.
why do you think pyrrha stab give her nightmares.
turtling play and hesitation will only give her the initiative,she doesnt play like the typical sc character so core fundamentals is not always going to apply.
i would also recommend use of 6KK more often if she isnt respecting frames enough,viola is a terrible block punisher so this shouldn't be a problem.

Don't get me wrong - I'll gladly help someone through playing them and giving them tips while we play. But...I dunno if it's the patches or this whole mentality that everything's for tournaments but it seems like a lot of fighting game players think they just deserve to win and are being cheated when they lose (even if it's due to their own ignorance). It shows when people just pretty much give up and/or want to be spoon-fed stuff as opposed to genuinely trying to put in an effort. That's an attitude I can't support.

Don't get me wrong - I'll gladly help someone through playing them and giving them tips while we play. But...I dunno if it's the patches or this whole mentality that everything's for tournaments but it seems like a lot of fighting game players think they just deserve to win and are being cheated when they lose (even if it's due to their own ignorance). It shows when people just pretty much give up and/or want to be spoon-fed stuff as opposed to genuinely trying to put in an effort. That's an attitude I can't support.
i couldn't agree more with you here.
i think namco releasing frame data was a bad idea so many players these days expect to be spoon fed.
its getting rediculous any tips and hints normally on these forums, are generally used againts you.
this makes characters that depend on mind games and unpredictability,useless and less effective.
all this encourages turtling and predictable play which makes this game boring.
i having second thoughts about exposing new found tech on this forums as so many nosey players pop in to the leixia soul arena to steal ideas and use it against her.
when people were happily disusing leixia double CE. i knew it would not last long.
why would you spend all your time coming up with new tech and mind games for it to get countered so easily by exposing it.

above post

Uh, I'm pretty sure this was not what he meant at all... I mean, I've posted tons of new tech for this character, but I wouldn't do so without first figuring out the weaknesses, and then figuring out counters to said weaknesses before I post them.

Nobody can counter everything. Even if they steal ideas, you created them. therefore you should know what to do if they don't work.

Against:
ORB 6A,B
ORB 66A,A,B
ORB 8A+B

SET BBB
SET A+B, A, B

Leixia can 44B+K aGI the last hit on all of the above. Grants a free 3B, 1B combo to set up a mixup and force Viola to deal with Leixia being in her face (which is where Viola doesn't want to be after a knockdown)

Some of these have pretty tight timing, requiring that Leixia commit to using the aGI immediately after blocking the first hit. That being said, having this at your disposal is sure to scare Viola when she's busy trying to set her orb so she can land combos.

Against:
ORB 6A,B
ORB 66A,A,B
ORB 8A+B

SET BBB
SET A+B, A, B

Leixia can 44B+K aGI the last hit on all of the above. Grants a free 3B, 1B combo to set up a mixup and force Viola to deal with Leixia being in her face (which is where Viola doesn't want to be after a knockdown)

Some of these have pretty tight timing, requiring that Leixia commit to using the aGI immediately after blocking the first hit. That being said, having this at your disposal is sure to scare Viola when she's busy trying to set her orb so she can land combos.
great find yes, you can AGI the orb with 44b+k i did say it was her best AGI.
you can even agi 6b+k on reaction cant believe people were complaining about that move rofl

To everyone here, thank you so much. I am having a horrible time against Viola. She drives me nuts and it's frustrating to fight her. My matches go 50/50 with her. I either win via aggressive play and lots of soul crushing or I lose due to turtling because I don't find any openings. (Mind you this will be the case whether I'm fighting the same person or not.)

So it turns out Leixia cannot step the orb after blocking 44A(BE). Most characters can step it left. Perhaps Leixia's step isn't good either? I dunno. She can 1B+K, but you take too long to recover that way.

So it turns out Leixia cannot step the orb after blocking 44A(BE). Most characters can step it left. Perhaps Leixia's step isn't good either? I dunno. She can 1B+K, but you take too long to recover that way.
I think her step isn't great. There are some characters that can step Pyrrha 66B BE for example, others have to use QS.

I think Leixia can escape VS 44A BE without 1B+K though, I'll have a look again next time I'm on. It's annoying to remember cos every character gets out of it in different ways.

But as an aside I think that good/bad stepping is another thing that really benefits the stronger characters in this game. Characters like Mitsu can step most things simply by pressing the right direction, while others get hit (on CH if they tried to attack straight away) if they didn't time it perfectly. Very annoying.

I think her step isn't great. There are some characters that can step Pyrrha 66B BE for example, others have to use QS.

I think Leixia can escape VS 44A BE without 1B+K though, I'll have a look again next time I'm on. It's annoying to remember cos every character gets out of it in different ways.

But as an aside I think that good/bad stepping is another thing that really benefits the stronger characters in this game. Characters like Mitsu can step most things simply by pressing the right direction, while others get hit (on CH if they tried to attack straight away) if they didn't time it perfectly. Very annoying.

Honestly I think good/bad stepping has more to do with the character's neutral stance hitbox then anything. Like in SC4, Talim had a great sidestep speed/recovery, as she could last-minute step certain things a lot of chars couldn't. But certain moves tracked her completely, (like the 2nd hit of Sophie's BB) because Talim stood facing her opponent and not to the side like most.

Also, Maxi in SCV can make FC 3B whiff on him just by doing nothing at times, since he moves forwards and backwards in his neutral animation (not blocking). It's not something that'll happen in a real match, but trying to land it in training mode can be a chore sometimes.

Useful tips against Viola:

- 44B+K aGI's SET BBB 100% of the time but with strict timing. It sometime leaves you out of range for a 3B though so you have to use 6A+B or CE instead.

- CE seems to punish 44A BE 100% of the time. You block the two first hits, then input CE before the orb comes at you. Leixia will then sidestep it in her CE animation and hit Viola before she can block.

Useful tips against Viola:

- 44B+K aGI's SET BBB 100% of the time but with strict timing. It sometime leaves you out of range for a 3B though so you have to use 6A+B or CE instead.

- CE seems to punish 44A BE 100% of the time. You block the two first hits, then input CE before the orb comes at you. Leixia will then sidestep it in her CE animation and hit Viola before she can block.
Good post!

Against:
SET BBB
Leixia can 44B+K....
EDIT: Lol, well there you go. This obviously slipped my mind the first time.

Also, about Viola's orb. Does anyone else feel like the orb has different timings sometimes when she does Set 6B+K?

I knew 44B+K aGIed that move, but sometimes it feels like it has a delay. Maybe it's just me

Back