Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Voldo

I don't know what to do against this guy. Help?

Miscellaneous stuff that might help you:

• If he knocks you down in landfish stance, Crybaby to stand him up and out of landfish stance
  • If he goes into his crab stance(Stands on both hands and legs) block low or QS and punish accordingly
  • If he does his OTG throw he has a 50-50 or grab, blocking high and preparing to break a grab is the best option
  • Know what strings to punish/aGi
I play a Voldo a lot. So is there any moves that give you trouble? Stances? It might help to be more specific.

More specific? Aye aye, I'll try to remember.

It feels like every move he does is a TC. He usually ends up stuffing my -2 frame traps just on the basis that AA goes right over him and BB isn't fast enough.

He also feels really, really safe on most everything he does. I know I can stick in 2A between that one up-down blockstring that some people consider infinite, but that's the least of my problems.

I'll try to remember those general tips in the interim.

More specific? Aye aye, I'll try to remember.

It feels like every move he does is a TC. He usually ends up stuffing my -2 frame traps just on the basis that AA goes right over him and BB isn't fast enough.

He also feels really, really safe on most everything he does. I know I can stick in 2A between that one up-down blockstring that some people consider infinite, but that's the least of my problems.

I'll try to remember those general tips in the interim.

Yeah he does have a weird hitbox after a lot of attacks. I find 6KK still works pretty well to punish a lot of his moves.

As for safe moves, the only good ones I can think of are:

2A: Still -6 on block so you can counterpoke I think
6B BE: This is +10 on block, this basically gives free pressure(I think you can aGI with 4A+B, but the timing is tricky)
22_88B: This is -8, does not grant too much advantage
BS 4A: This one is -6

So those are the moves to watch out for. I am still pretty new to Leixia, but hopefully this helps a little.

6B BE and 66B BE are moves you just have to learn to JG. 66B BE is easy to JG, but 6B BE is notably harder.

6B BE and 66B BE are moves you just have to learn to JG. 66B BE is easy to JG, but 6B BE is notably harder.
If you are fast you can step them for even more damage. But you probably need to anticipate a little, if you step even a bit late you'll still get hit. Step them to your right for the most damage.

This is one of the few matches where the opponent (Voldo) has the edge in the midrange game. A lot of his safe movement killers like 22B or 22A, or 11K for backstep are slower than average pokes though so once you have the initiative you can get inside and work an offense. Voldo has his A+K auto evade nonsense to get around a predictable vertical or backdash a short ranged hori, but well timed iWS A should make that come out a lot less.

only because she can punish him with 3B so easily from full crouched

aside from that i dont see any advantage other than i guess her being faster in general?

only because she can punish him with 3B so easily from full crouched

aside from that i dont see any advantage other than i guess her being faster in general?

She also kills any oki game he has with crybaby. The damage isnt that much of a problem I have found. She can punish a lot of his moves and he cannot punish a lot of hers. Using max range 3B works well in the matchup, because his range isn't too good. I just think she can open him up a lot easier then other characters, and the damage is not enough of a factor to overpower her safety and frames.

This is one of my most played matchups but im sure if I faced Enkindu it would be different. I think 6-4 at the highest possible level.

She also kills any oki game he has with crybaby. The damage isnt that much of a problem I have found. She can punish a lot of his moves and he cannot punish a lot of hers. Using max range 3B works well in the matchup, because his range isn't too good. I just think she can open him up a lot easier then other characters, and the damage is not enough of a factor to overpower her safety and frames.

This is one of my most played matchups but im sure if I faced Enkindu it would be different. I think 6-4 at the highest possible level.

crybaby is meant to kill all oki but its a gamble just like anything else voldo doesnt have to to be close to apply okizeme its not like he is yoshimitsu or something he has some of the best mid range oki in the game
if anyone can see an advantage other than her average 3B punishes that pretty much everyone can do please enlighten me

People speak of Crybaby as if it's some kind of magical tool. It's unsafe as Heck and doesn't even give advantage on hit unless it's on CH.

Yeah, I'm still free to every Voldo. He's so janky, just like Yoshimitsu. I have no idea what to do against him. Is there any new information on this matchup?

I still struggle with him too. I'm considering picking him up for a week or two just so I finally understand how the hell he works.

I also suggest recruiting Enkidu for some fights if you're willing to sit through some major ass-whippings to help you get better. He's the real deal when it comes to Voldo. Other Volos will seem like a breeze once you've fought him.

I also suggest recruiting Enkidu for some fights if you're willing to sit through some major ass-whippings to help you get better. He's the real deal when it comes to Voldo. Other Volos will seem like a breeze once you've fought him.
That's a good idea. Enk's a good dude. I bet I could get him to explain some of the stuff he's doing. I'll see what I can do.

yeah her safety is what makes it hard for voldo to punish her. take use of leixia's ~1B+K off your -2 frame traps. when in FC I suggest using WR B~A+B+K or RCC 1B+K(if you want to play safer) and you expect him to interrupt you.

1B+K is great against voldo since he lacks fast mid horizontal. (fastest is 3A I believe and its more of an interrupter to set up his basic 50/50 in FS, and 2A's shouldn't be a problem for leixia)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for his stance transitions you should be worrying about 4A, 1K (iffy) and WR K, 44B, 1A (iffy), 4k:B+K, 4K, 22B

• 6ABA - JG last hit (or 4A+B it if you can). the thing about his 6A is that it has slightly more range than his A and does a bit more soul gauge damage, but is slower and gives just as much damage. so if you can discourage the last hit you wont see him use it that much. However, the last hit is sort of a mixup (even if you JG the 6AB you cant interrupt the 3rd hit). Just look for the 3rd hit

• 1A- this is a very nice low for him because the animation is weird and it has nice range as well. I don't know if leixia can punish it at its tip range on block with 6KK though.

• 4A - his safest stance entrance that gives good spacing expect him to use this on you when he has a health advantage or is pressuring you against a wall. this is actually hard for voldo to land because he has a slow mid game. expect him to use this near his maximum range to help balance it out with your slower moves. (mid-long range moves are typically slower)
- BB - great advancing tool, has odd tracking to his right.
- 66B - great mid and staple interrupter. decent force block
- 666B - staple punisher, great force block.
- WR B - CH fisher, can set up a few mix ups against opponents due to hesitation of second hit.
- 3K - fastest mid that is decent at maintaining space, however in this match up it is unsafe.
(forgot how much pushback it had at tip though)

• 6B BE - JG it

• 2B - just QS as if your were evading the last hit. (or JG 2nd hit on reaction) Doing the QS puts him off axis when he inputs a move in BS. great advancing move though.

• 4B series - great mix up tool but you can easily discourage the transition of the move itself. he can bait you for a JG when you block this or just use 4A+K/ 2_8A+K if you use a WR move. this might be critical on spacing though because of your 6KK.

• 1K - i acknowledge this as his staple whiff punisher but can also be used to space i guess or to take care of people who underestimate his mid game. (free transition this way)

• WR K - decent transition with great range.

• B+K - just backstep when he uses this move. i think you can back step this on reaction and interrupt with 6KK, please test. MC 2_8, MC 66 might be a problem. he can set up some space with this move though.

• 22_88B - his main whiff punisher and great transition.

-------------------------------------------------

so you need to just worry about the spacing he gives from his single hit BS transitions and his gauge damage really. his pressure from BS, but he needs to get a KND to apply it to its full advantage.

i hope i helped in some form. sorry for the long post. did not want to say anymore.

yeah her safety is what makes it hard for voldo to punish her. take use of leixia's ~1B+K off your -2 frame traps. when in FC I suggest using WR B~A+B+K or RCC 1B+K(if you want to play safer) and you expect him to interrupt you.

Voldo's 22A is strong enough as a stepkill to beat auto evades. 2A is 2A, it's not supposed to be scary, just annoying.

I've since changed my opinion on this MU and think that it's about even and not Leixia's favor. Her 3B is basically risk free as is her 22B. (Voldo's punish options are pretty limited without meter.) And she frame traps him a bit more effectively since he doesn't have a very fast mid interrupt like a standard BB.

But Voldo can poke better than her, simply for the fact that he uses KNDs and launchers to do it with. (ie: 1K) And needless to say he does more damage on pretty safe stuff.

Back