Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Yoshimitsu

Played against Yoshi's parteners :

-Yoshi faster at close range because of iMCF.

But Yoshi is not a good character to wiff punish I think -> 4KB i20? 33B i20+?

So The better way I found is to poke him, not really a zoning game, because Yoshi have lot of move for zoning, and he can be very dangerous in this way -> 66A BE for example in open stage.

+ FC 3K have a really good range for an antistep low and dash iMCF kill lot of actif zoning action.

I think Leixia have to do this options to kill dash iMCF and mid range FC3K ;

-CH 22/88B for a good reward, but can be wiff punished with 4KB / 33B.

-2K/2A/6K to interrupt FC 3K, but iMCF can countered her.

-Jump A /B , killed by wiff punish.

-Backdash, killed by FC3K ( at mid range ).

I don't like to use crushers against him because of CH 66A BE.

And I don't like too to take my prioriti when he is very safe like after BB, because of 214A for example.

I think he have a litle avantage ( frame trap/wake up/ RO + he kill baby cry with the double jump kick ( sry I don't know the move ^^' ) ) but Leixia's spacing is bored for him.

She can be really bored but she have to do a difficult and strict gameplan to beat him ( wiff punish iMCF, have a good react in spacing and let a strict range into the two characters ).

+ if I remeber she punish his jump K with CE but I'm not sure and I don't have the game actually :/

But Yoshi is not a good character to wiff punish I think -> 4KB i20? 33B i20+?
So The better way I found is to poke him, not really a zoning game, because Yoshi have lot of move for zoning, and he can be very dangerous in this way -> 66A BE for example in open stage.

Unless you mean whiff punish 2As on reaction or something fast like that, I don't see any reason why he can't use 4KB, 3B>aB+K, or even just 66K/FC 3K. Don't forget that Leixia has possibly the worst whiff punish damage in the game, but it's still free damage. I find that getting knocked down enough times will condition even the best players to be careful.

Yoshi does have problems dealing with zoning, but not Leixia's style of zoning. While characters like Night/Aeon have more pushback on block, Leixia zoning is movement and poke based. So if he blocks, he can usually try to get back in range.

In my opinion, this matchup could be a problem for her, because iMCF forces her to be more careful of applying frame traps, his AA has better reach than hers (and the same speed, i11, I believe). Also Yoshi's 44A is a really strong mid range tool. This move can zone Leixia out rather effectively and FC 3K covers also mid range very well. Leixia, doesn't really have a good mid/low mixup like that to discourage mid range movement.

She does punish him quite nicely, especially from crouch, and Crybaby seems to save her from UB mixups on the ground.

Back