Maxi Critical Finish Setups/Discussion

Aqua_Snake

[09] Warrior
With a little testing, it is now known that you CAN do CF's during Maxi's stances.

Is it a beacon of hope or is it too early to be celebrating?

Whats your thoughts on Maxi's CF game?

What moves/tools can Maxi use to get their Soul Gauge flashing?

Discuss

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here's a list of moves that wrecks mayhem (Between 8 - 15 Hits) on the SG provided by everyone:

66B+K (8 Hits) <--- The best one by far.
B+K BBB (8 Hits Roughly)
RO B (13 Hits)
A+Bg (15 Hits) or A+B (13 Hits)
11_77B (10 Hits)
7_8_9B (10 Hits)
RC B (10 Hits)
44B (10 Hits)
LO K (11 Hits)
6A+B (10 Hits) or 6A+Bg (15 Hits)
33_99B (10 Hits)
BT B+K (12 Hits)
236B or 236Bg (13 Hits)
22_88B (13 Hits)
7_8_9K (14 Hits)
1B (13 Hits)
11_44_77K (12 Hits)
66K (12 Hits)
LI (10 Hits) or LI B (13 Hits)
66B (10 Hits)
66B4 (14 Hits)
WR B (14 Hits)
WR A (15 Hits)
WR KK (10 Hits)
WR A+B (13 Hits)
4A+B (11 Hits)
44AB (14 Hits)
3B (13 Hits)
4AB (10 Hits)
236K (9 Hits)
2KB (13 Hits)
Slide K (15 Hits)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More will be added to the list as they are discovered. Maxi's CF game can be deadly! Holy crap! I thought it was lost during the patch. There are more moves than I thought. If you have the opponent block these moves often, their SG will be flashing Red before you know it.

Maxi's Critical Finish Game A Possibility?

How exactly do you do a CF while looping? That'd be a huge help, he can work that gauge to red pretty fast.

Well...

Maxi's Stance to CF game really goes hand in hand. But in actual play, alot of times I find, I have already hit another attack button cause I didn't think (such n such move here) would break their gauge, thus. Letting go of a free round.

If you want to add CF to your game, you gotta keep your Maxi play on a watch. (remember your opponents, alot of the time sniff out GI opportunities or ways around your shit in an agressive manner due to the soul gauge feature) like lets say you use...LO,BK on someone blocking you've already inputted the command, you soul crush them on the B and the K is on its way now. You've just missed your CF opportunity.

Basically, plan out your attacks as if ANY of them could Soul Crush and the moment you see it happen. do it.

Any attack with GC properties is SG hungry.

Kowtow: During any of his stances go for CF, after Soul Crushing and NOT continually attacking. duh. lol.

RC B
LO K
33_99 B
BT B+K
6A+B
66B
Fully Charged [K] after 3B->RO,A,[K]

That's your bread and butter for setting up a CF. All of them are single hard hits/or cause GC and do serious damage to the Soul Gauge. Keep in mind that if you think the LO,B will initiate the CF before the K then stop at the B. Even though it'll go to RC you'll still have the CF opportunity. The sweet thing is even if your in stance you can still activate a CF. Worst case scenario is if it doesn't lead to a CF then just loop from RC, or anticipate their attack and auto GI using PSL3 or WL.

during loop or stance changing u can press B+K to cancel then go for CF

3b works the soul gauge decently. so does
RO b, 44k, and 66b+k

4~hold A+B

that wont be recommeded would it, due to the timing

I've found that the move is surprisingly good so long as you don't use it very often. As a round ender or last ditch move it very often catches your opponent off guard.

I'm not sure of its Soul Crush properties though, and I'm guessing that 4[A+B] really doesn't do much guage damage since if the first is blocked then the second connects.

^ I believe it hits on the ground as well.

Maxi's CF game took a hit due to the patch, but it's still possible to eat away at their SG.

I find Maxi to be one of the easier soul gauge destroyers. He has several moves that, if they hit, require that the opponent block or get hit by the next move.

Also, 66B+K kicks some SG ass!

3B, 1B and 66k are my favorites when going for a CF. They do a bit less SG damage than moves like RC B, and LO K, but make up for it by being harder to GI. Also I second Rico on 66B+k, probably Maxi's best SG damage. Soul crushes a fresh gauge after 8 consecutive blocks.

dunno if you guys ever do this but jump B has great SG damage also

LIAA bblock 6 = CF, if they're dumb enough to block the heh heh.

Haha yeah, 11B is like a safer version of our old, tride and true, 44B (Which is also still really good).

I wish 22_88B did more. I'd love to end using that move more often haha.

in my maxi expereince, i dont come across ann oppurtunity to get a critical finish all that often. so ive taken the CF game out of my playstyle all together. do you guys have better luck in breaking down soul gauges with this stuff? cause if i play 100 games, ill get 10 that will be a "CF" game. but i usually dont go for the CF i jsut go for the win.

Oh nice, nice. Thanks for testing that for me.

in my maxi expereince, i dont come across ann oppurtunity to get a critical finish all that often. so ive taken the CF game out of my playstyle all together. do you guys have better luck in breaking down soul gauges with this stuff? cause if i play 100 games, ill get 10 that will be a "CF" game. but i usually dont go for the CF i jsut go for the win.

For me, I get CF opportunities in one of two cases. 1, when my opponents don't understand Maxi's loops, meaning I'm not getting GI'd or counterhitted. The other, is if I'm really feeling GIs, and I wear their guage down that way. I do honestly get people in red quite often, but enough for CF has become more rare as everyone here improves/understands Maxi better.

I think going for the win as you said is always the best bet, and if you happen to get the CF, then yeehaw. But to focus on CF probably isn't a wise move. Getting that meter to red does help your offense a ton though. That added pressure is too good.

Getting that meter to red does help your offense a ton though. That added pressure is too good.

Exactly. In fact, this should be the goal for Maxi players. The moves listed will cause panic for your opponent when their SG is in the red. It only works in your favor.

The moves listed above doesn't mean you have to throw out 66B+K 8 or 9 times. It means you can use that move along with other moves to get the total 8 - 14 hits.

Back