Maxi General Q&A

Ok, so I never bothered retesting breaks and break damage because I had no idea it changed much, but I keep noticing more and more differences from the release version. Like 66A, CE, A+Bg behaving differently. Did anyone ever list the changes, or do I have to hammer EVERYTHING out in training... again?
http://8wayrun.com/threads/official-soulcalibur-v-1-02-patch-notes.12322/
http://8wayrun.com/threads/official-soulcalibur-v-1-03-patch-notes.12968/

He's unchanged by 1.03 but the notes are there if you're curious.

Thanks, but I've read those. I'm talking about changes to whether or not moves break guard. I'm certain that A+Bg used to break guard (now it doesn't) 66A couldn't break (now it can) and CE could only break on the third hit (now it can break on the first).​
Think I'm just going to have to do another thorough test.​

So I've decided to learn someone new and Maxi looks really fun in this version. Any pointers on where to start, Maxi guides, or anything useful for someone new to maxi?

First ur gonna have to get familiar with maxi terms. Specially his 5 stances. Learn what RO A is and LI B etc. that way its easier to know what we are tapkin bout when we say 6A, RO A, psl2, BL K BE.

If youve gotten that far, great! MOve on to combos and stance shifts. Lear what happens after 1B and roll with.

Watch sOme quality vids and take some notes. Jump on and start swingin chucks around. All there is to it.

Good to see you lurking around homes. Need any help? Put on some coffee. And start reading.

Not sure if this is dumb or has been talked about, but has anyone noticed 6a+b does more damage then 6a+b be? Obviously the face punch after that makes up for the lose, but if your doing 3b.6a+b(be) then you are not able to facepunch. So if you happen to miss with BL k(be) you do less damage and spend meter same thing with 22kk.6a+b(be).

Just noticed this is training thought I would point out stupid information, because not like the BL k is hard to land ~_~

I'm assuming the decreased damage is there to compensate for the increased range and combo ability of the brave edge version.

I figured it was exclusively for the Li A followup, maybe baring something like 22KK 6A+B BE BL K BE. This isn't to say that it's not worth the meter to do it. the BE version has over the regular version increased range, damage with the LI A, and great RO range.

What's really not worth it is the LI A. LI A seems pretty worthless to me outside of the small chance that the little sliver of extra damage you get out of it will score you the KO.

This has always been the case, though 1.02 made the difference more noticeable. You get more range and the follow-up, so its still a good BE.

After 3B(which i never use) and RO KK/22KK, you can grab BL K BE if they are a large character or are unable to tech away because of ring edge. You can also do 3B 6A+B BE PSL1 RO B for guaranteed damage and stance oki. The damage on this is slightly more than 3B 6A+B, so you can decide whether or not that seems worth it to you.

Thread moved

Not sure if this is dumb or has been talked about, but has anyone noticed 6a+b does more damage then 6a+b be? Obviously the face punch after that makes up for the lose, but if your doing 3b.6a+b(be) then you are not able to facepunch. So if you happen to miss with BL k(be) you do less damage and spend meter same thing with 22kk.6a+b(be).

Just noticed this is training thought I would point out stupid information, because not like the BL k is hard to land ~_~

I would assume the damage is greater not because its "dumb" but with 6A+B, that move doesnt go into stance. Its a string ender (if you will). as to where 6A+B BE goes into LI and has the potential for further strings and or damage. So it doesnt make much sense for it to have equal or even more damage.

This kinda goes back to the old debate, that every move cant have it all. It cant TJ and TC and kill step etc cause that would make for a very boring and one sided game. OK maybe this question doesnt go back to that. But its something I try to keep in mind. Every move has a weak part to it!!

so no one finds this maxi boring yet????

No man. We dont find it boring. Remember....this maxi was YOUR idea! We ARE however enjoying a "Dustbuster Hate" free forum. So dont ruin it.

Then by all means continue playing SC4 crap maxi and leave us to the bad ass maxi that we all like. Ill even let you start a "SC5 Maxi is boring" thread and I promise I wont flame the fuck outta it!

Why would find it boring? We actually can loop now sorta. More so than before.... Unless you mean online, where loopy shenanigans was hard to check off in sc4 lag.

This kinda goes back to the old debate, that every move cant have it all. It cant TJ and TC and kill step etc cause that would make for a very boring and one sided game. OK maybe this question doesnt go back to that. But its something I try to keep in mind. Every move has a weak part to it!!

SC4 Kilik azura dance wants a word with you.

You can GI the 2nd and 3rd hit of asura dance. So theres its weakness....(all tho not a very good one, but its a weakness none the less)

SC2 talims 33A....have no idea what that is

Back