Maxi General Q&A

I find it's easier if you start mashing the A earlier than you'd expect, around when the last B JF comes out.

In SC4, you could mash A+B through the whole animation and get it 98% of the time. SCV you can do a simular version but you start mashing that A towards the end of the B JF flashes. (that dont make sense sorry).

But dat A......eefff you!!

Hi guys, I'm new to this game and Ive taken a liking towards Maxi, Ive read that hes hard for a starter but I still would like to try my best. I want to know what kind of a character is he specifically?

Hi guys, I'm new to this game and Ive taken a liking towards Maxi, Ive read that hes hard for a starter but I still would like to try my best. I want to know what kind of a character is he specifically?
well you picked the right place to start. when you start off with maxi, make sure you spend a long time in training learning which moves come after which attack. i'd also start by just using some of his good basic stuff like 6AAK, 1BAK, 6A+B, wrB+K, 33B, etc. until you feel comfortable to moving onto some of his other stuff.

also try going over a few pages back to see what other advice people have been giving or visit some other threads here on maxi's SA. you could also try to hit up some of the maxi players here, i'm on xbox and my GT is right below muh name.

6A+B is by far Maxi's best move, and one of the best moves in the game. Tech crouches, decent range, safe on block, catches sidestep, mid that knocks down, and super fast (16 frames?). Don't be afraid to throw this move out A LOT, because it's good for both punishing and doing basic mixup. You can get quite far with just 6A+B and throw mixup. 44B is another really good move because it does decent guard break damage and is safe on block if you don't do a follow up. It also hits grounded and leads to some of Maxi's biggest damage and can ring out if you do the follow up combo of B> A BE > B. 66B+K is another decent move because of range, knock back, and guard damage. 1K is basic low poke, and catches step at close range. Nunchuks are cool.

Just use 6A+B and you've got it. Literally, that's all he needs.

Found out what makes 3A combo into LI A sometimes. If the opponent is far enough to Maxi's left (at least far enough to get a sidethrow), a later active frame of 3A will hit and make it +16 into stance instead of +15. You can tell when it works when Maxi doesn't realign for the 3A, but does noticeably realign for the LI A. Against Mitsu it's by far the most reliable against regular right step, not quickstep or 8wayrun. Also, the closer you are the more it helps.

3A → LI A (56, 64 with clean hit)
3A → LI A BE (71, 83 with clean hit)

Still more situational than Raph needles and absolutely terrible.

Reactions: IRM
Oh, I also added and fixed a bunch of shit in the wiki. Stuff like Neutral Guard's GI window and recovery and entries for guard transitions from stance.

I think there is a situation where 3A LI A combos can be practical. 3A catches techs to Maxi's left and combos to LI A. For example, it works after his right side throw, and after 6A+B if there is an edge/wall to limit the knockback. But I can't remember any other places off the top of my head...

Despite the horror of using 3A, it might be worth checking out. 3A and CE are pretty much the only options to trap on that side. It's where a player who knows his shit should tech. I've never even tried to make use of this, but maybe a more heroic Maxi player will field test it.

Reactions: IRM
Back