Maxi General Q&A

...Maxi could guard from where the nunchucks are to his body, as soon as you release G, you recover in LO, and you can either perform B,K to try to score a knockdown, or press K to knock someone flat on their back and say "Hey, did I get 'cha?!"...

B or K having knockdown properties I think is a little over the top.

HRD, my bad, man. When knockdowns were mentioned, I think I was supposed to write it as "BK" rather than "B,K". Also the "BK" and "K" were actually LO BK and LO K as knockdowns. =)

Reactions: HRD
ahhh, lol. That would actually be pretty sweet!!!

Im really hoping they take a better look at maxi frames. I would be happy with the same moves set, just better frames. I dont think Maxi has even placed top 5 in any tournement since sc4 came out. For god sakes make him tourney worthy!!

Props to those that have repped maxi regardless. Maxi 4 life son!!

HRD

Bubble it was kind of hard to make out since talking on mic is muffled if I'm not using a mic, but didn't you say something about Maxi being easy to step? I was wonderig about this too, what if he has options of which stance to go into? Like holding 6, 4, or an attack button after an attack all offer different options

Bubble it was kind of hard to make out since talking on mic is muffled if I'm not using a mic, but didn't you say something about Maxi being easy to step? I was wonderig about this too, what if he has options of which stance to go into? Like holding 6, 4, or an attack button after an attack all offer different options
it was mostly a joke cause you kept stepping my RC shifts

Oh lol, sorry. I say fix B+KB string, I remember me being able to block the last hit: "Come the fuck on Namco!"

It was pretty funny listening to you on mic. I considered looking around my house for a blue tooth to use as one. Um on topic uh...make him...good and stuff.

B+K BBBA JF for sure has whiffing issues. If you get all the JF's the last hit (A) is supposed to be a mid. But on some characters (smaller ones) it whiffs like babe fuckin ruth. Also, if you are not dead on face to face, if youre even slightly off a little bit, that move is fuckin fail, and your eating a fat punishment. The move needs a few tweeks for shizzle.

Maxi is really easy to step BTW. Even easier to GI! If you block 6A, throw out a GI, if you block 3B throw out a GI. For the most part maxi goes into stance after most of his moves. Good maxi's will poke you a few times with things like 1B, 3K, things like that, but most online maxis love to hit them buttons and go into stance every fuckin time!!

NAMCO: Give maxi a decent BB and AA and give him a few damage buffs, and some better frames...PLEASE!!!

HRD
sc2maxi2.gif

Yeah, I was liz. He got each input jf'd. I blocked the last horizontal hit and in my head even realized I could punish but was too confused at what just happened(when I saw the string start I thought "Oh crap" and let my guard down)

Bubbles is trash...unless you saw 5 flashes, he didnt get all of em!! Dont tell him I said that, he punches really hard for a girl!!.....lol

I love Bubbles

HRD
sc2maxi1.gif

I get all 5 flashes everytime, its the A I have trouble with

also the JF seems to whiff more then the non JF WTF is up with that?

I get all 5 flashes everytime, its the A I have trouble with

also the JF seems to whiff more then the non JF WTF is up with that?

^da troof!! What the hell. The JF totally whiffs more, I totally agree. come on namco these are easy changes.

HRD

most useless move 8B or 9Bsad .All PSLs should have auto A Gi Props. and should be quicker in transitions. "leave it to the better players to learn control"
DReam:)
FAct: 4A+K needs to come back:)
:6::bA::A::B: nc.
ADD 3 more stances. hell give him a looping turnaround "back stance" like voldo so i can use maxis"B+K-revese blow"
8-way A+K walk "ill even settle for A+K sidestep Ro"
236B should have sc4 "Ro B hit" properties:) also use it as a juggle knockdown
B+K BBBA more damage
JF-wish - B+K BBBA : Fury JF last A input should turn into BL A mid hit.
Mark of the Beast.22B needs a JF upgrade, a full body beat down.
Stance B+K Gi should have grab options or "PSLs able 0r A+K loop able"
1A JF on hit causes a "66B type of fall"
maxi should have :sc2yun2: (Echo kick):)
NAMCO: Give maxi a decent BB and AA and give him a few damage buffs, and some better frames...PLEASE!!!
HRD
sc2maxi2.gif
Your so right on that. SC3 BB was better and looked cooler. i want sc3 second B input back(amazing stun) into Lo B K
SC4 BB is pointless tapps. Hell AA into :6::bA::A::B:, and ill never complain about range problems again:)

some people are going to hate me for saying this, all his moves should be loopable or stance changeable example: 1B Psl into Lo or Ro, -- Ro K 2A should give the option to PSL/loop from it, -- same with 22B :) i even think 33A should face stun and go into BL A or B or K options. maxi just doesnt have enough knockdown or forced movement moves: 6A+B crap only if i had more frame. love the distance 1B creates when bloocked. And Kilik and maxi need to switch taunts, i dont know about the rest of you but point your nunch at your opponent and say, "impressive moves":) wow:0

I agrée with the idea that maxi should be a stance chara. so giving him strong lows, powerfull mids and too many top tier moves is not the idea i have of maxi.
the problem is that his stance game is by far incomplete. tools to find damages, by ch or low/mid choices, are just shit, except li.
so here is my list of notes:
-neutral game :
- except b+k, there is no ducking dissuasive mid... 44k is good but quite slow, b+k whiffs and very hard to do...the opponent can duck by not risking a starter. maxi can start a stance press with a small hitstun advantage, that s all.
- maxi has no real good tech jump. 66k is high, 236b is a joke...i actually love maxi s 8k, but it cant be used in disanvantage (sorry for my english, but you see what i mean?). make 8k faster could be a real 50 threat for who abbuse 2k or 2a...
- zoning is slow, unsafe or high or steppable...66b+k should be -9 grd, wiith a bigger hitbox...just give him something decent, not overpowered, just decent, like 33bA.
- WR game is awful, it's very hard to defend against an opponent that forces you to crush all the time. Give Maxi at least a credible WR tool.
- maxi is a close range chara...why can t he dash like mitsu?why is he so slow to get close?

-stance game:
- maxis evades psl are just useless. stance steps should works and give a small advantage!
- instant A auto gi should be possible
- real mix ups in stance!! we want CH or Duck punish or step punish or backdash punish or GI punish! We wanna have fun, even if we get punish by a bad choice, but good choices aren't rewarded at all.

[forced to edit because i'm a noob]

The idea is to give maxi the tools to apply his philosophy.
Personnally i wonder why he could have a "2KB like" move. IMO, Maxi HAS to get on stance to be Maxi.

Reactions: HRD
no complaints about that, but they would take away the tech jump.
what about if they gave Lo more options:
Lo B K
Lo B :kA: = :kA: being 33K or sc4:aK: or 11K
Lo B :bA: = :bA: being 33:bA:
Lo B :aB: = :aB: being 44A, B...just the B input that puts you in Ro
fuck i just want more options. ;)ON everything:) make me feel limitless like Sc2maxi made me feel Namco

would maxi be overpowered if they made 8B and 9B = SC4Rc B: )
making the new SC5 RC B = :6::bA:,:A:,:B: :)

Back