Maxi General Q&A

I have a question unrelated to gameplay.

Weight: 126lbs (SC-SCIV)
Weight: 168lbs (SCV)

How the hell did he gain an invisible 42lbs of weight?

I do appreciate your enthusiasm for my favorite nunchuck swinger. There is an answer to your question, but unfortunatly this is not the thread to do so. These threads in the actual soul arenas are for videos, gameplay , combos and things like that. Story, athestics, questions go into those appropriate threads.

However I will tell you where you can find the answer to your question. Check out the story write up in the wiki!!

Good luck and if you have any other questions or just plain ol need help with something. Feel free to send me a PM!

HRD

I'm sorry for being such a noob but I don't understand what LI A (BE) after I've already done a BE means. No idea how this is executed or what it looks like. Any help guys?

I understand its Left Inner but I don't understand how to get this off after a BE, when I press A after a BE I just get the Blow.

I can do every part of the combos in the combo thread except the ones that say to end in this way, I just don't understand what or how to execute this. Visual would help big time.

Rahavic: Sounds to me like you've got the command backwards. It's A~A+B+K while in Left Inner stance. You hit A+B+K immediately after you hit A, just like every other BE. Hope that helps.

HRD: Non-sense! Just one question. I got this!

Ryoka: That added weight is his muscles. Don't believe me? LOOK AT THAT DAMAGE! Edgemaster took him to the gym and showed him he wasn't swinging thsoe mother fuckers hard enough. So Edge made him pump mad iron until he could slash down trees with them. Another theory is that he ate the last Astaroth's heart. To make SURE he was dead. And in turn, gained some of Asta's strength and weight. However, thats just my guess. Should consult the story forum and threads for the true answer...I feel mines more accurate tho :)

Anyway. Getting back to what this thread is actually about...
I've been having some Match up trouble. Anyone got any ideas on how to stuff Voldo? I'm having trouble getting my momentum going and halting his. Any 6A+B spots I should be looking for in this match?

Rahavic: Sounds to me like you've got the command backwards. It's A~A+B+K while in Left Inner stance. You hit A+B+K immediately after you hit A, just like every other BE. Hope that helps.

Ok so for 44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A -- ~100 damage

After the 44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> I'm already in Left Inner? if not then how do I get to Left Inner when I have no control after I do that BE, like I said I'm new I CAN NOT get to the LI A part if I could then yeah it'd be easy. I just do not understand what this is telling me to do in any way shape or form. Unless its saying I can cancel that blow that comes out if I hit A into BE, if not then yeah I'm lost.

Depends on the Voldo, what does he use. Spacing is everything.

I played a shitload of games today and I have a frequently used movelist now, it's a weird one.
ps A+B blows, wtf. You have to be so fast with RC A, hit confirmation is impossible, only good in combos...and even then it annoys me.

44B is better than I gave it credit for, good for spacing when you're retreating
1K is a must use
FC 3A is amazing, only wish it did more damage, but it's annoying to the opponent, very annoying
WS B+K is great
6B is great for spacing, i can't explain why this works for me, but it does
RO B is worth the risk to use. I use so much standalone 1BG and 44BG, that it catches impatient opponents
3K! I NEED this move, I whore this move
6A+B his best move
2A for obvious reasons
Properly placed PSL4-> RO

I find myself using stances only to get RO B or LI K stuff. and occasional BL stuff after RO A

Ok so for 44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> LI A -- ~100 damage

After the 44B -> RO B -> RC A, B (BE) -> I'm already in Left Inner? if not then how do I get to Left Inner when I have no control after I do that BE, like I said I'm new I CAN NOT get to the LI A part if I could then yeah it'd be easy. I just do not understand what this is telling me to do in any way shape or form. Unless its saying I can cancel that blow that comes out if I hit A into BE, if not then yeah I'm lost.

Yes you are in LI. When you do BE versions of 6A+B or RC AB you go into LI automatically, the non BE versions you end in neutral. Press the A immediately after the RC AB BE or you would end up going from LI -> LO

Yes you are in LI. When you do BE versions of 6A+B or RC AB you go into LI automatically, the non BE versions you end in neutral. Press the A immediately after the RC AB BE or you would end up going from LI -> LO

Ok I got it down now thanks alot, was so confuzzled over this.

Here I thought I was seeing things as I was under the impression that Maxi's CE does "spikey" damage.

Get this...the last hit of Maxi's CE (236236,A+B+K) can clean hit :)

my favorite set-up is the one where I avoid it like the plague. This move is garbage, never use it. The uncharged version can be used to save your ass at times, but i'd avoid using it as a staple in your offense.

yeah, as much as i'd love to use it more it's unfortunately just way too slow and linear, and its evasiveness is just too unreliable. can be used against people who freeze up against maxi offense, though.

I don't use it too much anymore, but when I do it's typically from...
4B PS2 B A (BE)
Like uber said though, the move isn't too great and the stance is like a dead end. The only time I really find LI useful (Forget just B, not holding) is after I've put the fear into my opponents and they freeze up while I dance with Maxi and smack them repeditively.

Would you say these moves are still useful in the 5th installment of SoulCalibur or are they too risky? Have you found any reliable applications of them?

I do love the counter hits you get when people freeze up, then panic and try to attack just before you finish the charge. I liked that move a lot more in SCIV

Found this juicy little wall combo in practice mode today .

RO aK W! 4b LO b RC ab BE LI a BE 159 damage. Not to shabby.

Also 2A+B W! CE works. yeah. not very practical however the angle has to be spot on.

Back