Maxi General Q&A

Whoa,... this is going back to that 3A combo tangent. Somebody mentioned 3A --> (LI) A actually combos, but only sometimes. I tried testing it and I couldn't get it to work trying to have my dummy opponent to Maxi's left. But instead... I found that I had to Strictly, STRICTLY hit the opponent at TiiiiiiiiIIIIIIP range. Too close, and the (LI) A will not combo. Too far and the 3A may whiff...

Can I master THIS?... GOSH NO. I had to get the EXACT pixel distance from the opponent for the moves to combo.

It's achievable. Once you get a sense of the range, it's not all that hard. The main issue I tend to have is your opponent letting 22A hit them.

Sorry, so late to the party. A few questions:
  • 3A - The reward isn't worth the risk IMO. What am I missing?
  • 33_99_66A - Seems you lose your momentum with this move. Should I be using a better step killer?
  • Best wall combos?

Here is one thing you can do with 3A though. When you have your opponent's back to the wall or positioned and backed up right near the edge.

You could press 3A, the opponent may, let's say in case, block your attack. But... you have choices...

-- If your opponent tries to retaliate with some quick, fast, easy and damaging blows, your enemy might try :B:,:B:. If he attacks instanly after the blocked move AND tries a VERTICAL attack, your (while any stance) :B+K: should hit good for the Auto Guard Impact.

After the blocked 3A, you can also try to use after 3A --> LI :B:. The LI :B: is sorta good,... providing the opponent retaliates with an :A:,:A: ... OR a :B:, :B:. With the LI :B:, that attack of Maxi's can Tech step to avoid linear verticals and Tech crouches to avoid high horizontals. NOTE: mind you, this play maker is still in a condition when enemies are backed up against a wall or edge. Also I think that 1K or 2K coming from as enemy will trump you.

nokkio82, for you next question, I don't know how to answer that nor able to think of a better step killer. All I can think of that Maxi can do is his :4:, :4: :A:.

Last question: hmm.

44A --> W! --> 1B, A,K --> W! --> A+Bg --> *RC A,B. *(or RC A,B, BE--> ^LI A) ^(or LI A, BE)

33Bg (cancel stance shift) --> W! --> 4B,B,K --> (hold that thought)...
considered the combo above...
If you THINK you are facing the enemy's direction when you left off:..A+Bg --> *RC A,B. *(or RC A,B, BE--> ^LI A) ^(or LI A, BE).
If you THINK your back is toward the enemy in the middle of her/his ordeal, then you might a chance of pulling of this:...BT B+K --> 2,KB.
If you THINK or know if you are an expert anyway...B+K:B:B:B:A.
EDIT: Sorry, I hope this could help.

Last edited:
Sorry, so late to the party. A few questions:
  • 3A - The reward isn't worth the risk IMO. What am I missing?
  • 33_99_66A - Seems you lose your momentum with this move. Should I be using a better step killer?
  • Best wall combos?
About 3A: There's not much to be missed. It's a bad move, and although it doesn't have a counterpart that is superior in all regards, it is far less situationally useful than other catch-all moves like 6A+B BE (faster, more damaging, safe on block, kills step fairly well, but costs meter), 22A (longer range, more consistently combos on both normal and counter hit, but slower and less safe(?)), 3K (self explanatory), and 2A (same deal).

About 66A: It's +7 on hit and doesn't push out too far, so you shouldn't be losing momentum. It's rather common to land multiple in a row if the opponent keeps trying to step. 6A works as well. 66B catches backdash and slower attacks. I like to keep my distance, wait for the opponent to get antsy and press buttons or try to backdash, then snipe him with 66B. There's also 33B/66B+K, which will catch sidestep (CW and CCW, respectively), backstep, and pressure the guard gauge if blocked. Or just run up and throw/1B/6A+B/1K. Plenty of room to get creative.

About wall combos: Most wall combos follow the pattern of W! → 4BBK W! → a+bG → RC AB/RC A BE → …, or, against the characters where a+bG doesn't land, W! → A+B W! → 4BB → RO B → RC AB/RC A BE → ….

If BL K BE carries the opponent to a wall or an edge after picking him up off the ground, you get a free 2KB. There's also stuff I've forgotten for when BL K BE picks him off the ground and wallsplats, or if it hits him while he's standing and gives a wallsplat. Shouldn't be difficult to find.

Those are the two most general situations that spring to mind. There might be some better option to end with than RC AB if there's no intention of spending meter, but if so I've forgotten it.

If you're in the mood for creative stuff, there's 4A+B → iWR B+K → BL KK W! → … for some pretty ridiculous wall combos.

Last edited:
…, or, against the characters where a+bG doesn't land, W! → A+B W! → 4BB → RO B → RC AB/RC A BE → ….

...If you're in the mood for creative stuff, there's 4A+B → iWR B+K → BL KK W! → … for some pretty ridiculous wall combos.

Those wall combos hit? Slade, please... can you send a vid for these?

EDIT: Wait ok... for the first combo, instead of "4BB" , you must have meant 44B!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. 4BB will hit just fine. Aka 4B~LO B
Yup!

What HRD said. Also, there's a typo in what I wrote (4B → LO B doesn't go into RO, and there's no RO B in the combo; it goes from LO B directly into RC AB). First combo in this video shows what I meant (credit to IRM):
Slade, thanks for clearing that up 'cause it made a whole lot of sense.

EDIT: Awesome vid. Just peeped it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back