Maxi Matchup

Nine-L

[10] Knight
I feel like this nunchaku wielding Elvis looking nancy can just walk up to me and press buttons and I just have to deal with that shit.

Nightmare's got big range advantage on Maxi and that helps a ton, but when he does get in... Ffff. It's just a knowledge thing, I'm sure. I just don't know where the weak points in his endless button pressing bullshit are as it relates to Nightmare.

I need help with this. I'll lose my mind if one more Maxi player teabags me.

link to this topic added to the matchup reference guide

backstep is generally good against maxi though he does have a few long range moves like 66A/66B. Unfortunately Maxi has a very complex stance game and IMO is probably the hardest character to learn to fight. You have to learn things like....
If he does 1B/6A/44(B) > RO AK thats a high to a mid, but he can do RO A and wait a little and he'll go into the stance with the low to high kick (BL KK)
or...if he does 4BB (4B to LO B)...he has a low kick with 4B > LO K...but its slower so you can block it by the timing delay and it's neg on hit.
and stuff like....44(B) > RO B....if you block RO B you should be able to punish with something

there is a lot of stuff...

Nah, A+B kills a ton of his options. If he is stance cancelling, he is scared; so give him Nightmare bullshit. Know where his deadly lows come from and react properly. Backstep is king here and keep him back with 3AA/ 22B etc. Kill his stances with a mix of 6K, A+B, CE, 3AA and backstep. Play defensive in this match-up, watch his lows/throws, punish accordingly and backstep 3B his face.

That would mess up his Elvis hair-do.

lol Stance canceling doesn't mean the Maxi player is scared. It means he is trying to catch A+B or CE attempts. 1Bg, 33_99B will stop every backstep 3B and maybe backstep AgA too.

My recommendation is keep Maxi away from you as best you can and don't whiff.

Note that Maxi can punish A+B with B+KBBBA for 76 damage meterless.

While nightmare punishes everyone of his whiffs for as much as 75 plus damage. Getting punished is part of playing nightmare. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. You shouldn't do it everytime btw. That would be stupid, interrupt his strings with the proper techniques, back step when you can and you should win this matchup.

Back