Maxi Players Online ID's

I personally don't see the appeal in them. I'm pretty sure we are all intimate with the new movelist by now so we can pull off some pretty good mindfucks. If anything they may serve as the shove needed to break you from the constraints of "do this move because your in this stance" mentality. All I want to do now is be able to run over Mitsurugi with a Mack truck screaming WOOTAH! From the top of my lungs.

Hey, played you today, good matches. A good core way to adapt ur move choices is to play as if your opponent will punish all your openings. When youve gotten used to chosing moves that follow this principal (90% safe moves) you will be solid enough to choose your higher risk moves more wisely. Thats why I was as you said "though to crack". Also try playing people who are better then you most of the time otherwise you get a false image of what is good and what is not in your play style. Ring_PL and Belial are me greatest mentors cause they can beat me, hard. Belial made studies on Maxi for his Mitsu threads so he punishes almost any foolishnes. Thanks to him I dont appreciate 6a that much anymore, I used to hit confirm it doing 6ag and noone punished it but fuck, he AAs me everytime. I then checked for alternatives in training but theres nothing good so ive almost dropped this move.

Properly spaced 6A, PsL2, RC KK will check that shit at the front door. I have been doing that for awhile now. Of course Mitsurugi's BB will connect so if you stop AA a couple of times you want to go with 6A straight into the aGI because you don't have enough time to loop then aGI

Hey, played you today, good matches. A good core way to adapt ur move choices is to play as if your opponent will punish all your openings. When youve gotten used to chosing moves that follow this principal (90% safe moves) you will be solid enough to choose your higher risk moves more wisely. Thats why I was as you said "though to crack". Also try playing people who are better then you most of the time otherwise you get a false image of what is good and what is not in your play style. Ring_PL and Belial are me greatest mentors cause they can beat me, hard. Belial made studies on Maxi for his Mitsu threads so he punishes almost any foolishnes. Thanks to him I dont appreciate 6a that much anymore, I used to hit confirm it doing 6ag and noone punished it but fuck, he AAs me everytime. I then checked for alternatives in training but theres nothing good so ive almost dropped this move.
Hey. A lot of my stuff is so wasted on you bc you play so safe. Very interesting style I will take notes it's a great strategy you describe.

Thanks to him I dont appreciate 6a that much anymore, I used to hit confirm it doing 6ag and noone punished it but fuck, he AAs me everytime. I then checked for alternatives in training but theres nothing good so ive almost dropped this move.

You're being scared away from 6A because of AA punishes? Sorry, but that's ridiculous, Funke. As long as your guesses with it are slightly efficient the reward covers the risk. If they're punishing it then start taking advantage of them sitting still instead of doing 6A. Then go back to 6A when they want to goof off at mid range again. Even SC4 6A was worth the AA punishment.

You're being scared away from 6A because of AA punishes? Sorry, but that's ridiculous, Funke. As long as your guesses with it are slightly efficient the reward covers the risk. If they're punishing it then start taking advantage of them sitting still instead of doing 6A. Then go back to 6A when they want to goof off at mid range again. Even SC4 6A was worth the AA punishment.

Agree 100%, Stuff like AAs, 2As, and low kicks isn't enough to stop me from using my tools. The rewards are much greater by comparison. I do agree with the style of play you describe though funkex

Learning how to play safe Maxi is essential to being good, but in order to really step your Maxi game up, you gotta learn to break those rules. Moves like 6A are risky yes, but you must also consider the reward. You must also consider that if you don't use 6A, the opponent has no reason to respect your anti-step. If you restrict yourself to your little bubble of safe options, opponents are gonna start picking up on this and abusing you. 66B is another great example of a move that is unsafe, but is essential to Maxi's gameplan. If you wanna be safe all the time, you are probably playing the wrong characters. Maxi is all about risk and reward, you just gotta learn the appropriate level of risk for the situation.

He hasn't given it up guys as far as I can tell, he is just placing it more carefully, which is good

Yeah more carefull with it, I was just dissapointed how everything is shutdown with aa except for psl2 kk, which isnt much damage and the second kick can whiff. But not all chars have good enough a hits so ofcourse business as usual against them.

Yeah more carefull with it, I was just dissapointed how everything is shutdown with aa except for psl2 kk, which isnt much damage and the second kick can whiff. But not all chars have good enough a hits so ofcourse business as usual against them.

I have to say, yesterday's game with you gave me a wake up call to Maxi gameplay fantasy.
After the matches, my play style with others have suddenly changed. Avoiding silly moves is a must regardless....

Anyway, thanks for the matches. Hope to play you more!

FunkeXMix:
I only played you twice, but it was easy to tell that you are a solid player. I only defeated you the first match with ring out, which doesn't mean I defeated your deffense.

Too bad we had some noticeable lag.

Psn:redblizzaga
Hey guys, new to 8wayrun
Maxi is my main, I goof off with some characters as well though. Glad there are people that rock the secret ancient art of Elvis nunchucks yo.
I'm in new york

I haven't had the second kick whiff yet and Mitsurugi makes up about 60% of my opponents online. Usually his forward motion during AA is enough. I usually hit 6A at tip range too.

I personally don't see the appeal in them. I'm pretty sure we are all intimate with the new movelist by now so we can pull off some pretty good mindfucks. If anything they may serve as the shove needed to break you from the constraints of "do this move because your in this stance" mentality.
Mirrors are handy in the sense that I'll make note of things that I find really extra annoying.

After all if it bugs me, it probably bugs anyone I play too.

I haven't had the second kick whiff yet and Mitsurugi makes up about 60% of my opponents online. Usually his forward motion during AA is enough. I usually hit 6A at tip range too.
Yeah. I remembered it wrong, it will whif on guard. Your right, psl2 kk will have some use.

Updated my gamer tag. You can find me on Xbox under WindUp34. Looking to play some more Maxi's and learn some new tricks.

Back