Maxi Video Discussion

Hot Rod Dave

"Saucy saucy minx"
This is the place to throw up your Maxi gameplay vids. All vids worthy enough will be put into the Maxi Video List in the sticky thread.

Please do not post up Gameplay walkthroughs, CaS, or story releated vids. This is for gameplay only! All non-gameplay vids will be removed.

HRD

this one is the grand finals of the gameclucks tourney in seattle last thurs. i make a lot of mistakes in this video (especially near the end when i started being too afraid of the CE) and it ended up costing me the match against cam's NM, so this video is just as much about what not to do as much as it is about what to do. in my defense, this was only my 2nd live session with SC V, so i was still figuring a few things out :p

something that i definitely took away from this match was that maxi's options for hitting grounded opponents are fairly limited; you can see that i get overaggressive and throw out a bunch of linear ground hitting moves that get rolled and heavily punished throughout the match. the next night we had our seattle casuals and i stuck mostly to 1K to hit grounded unless i was certain that they weren't going to roll, and it worked much better.

this one is the grand finals of the gameclucks tourney in seattle last thurs. i make a lot of mistakes in this video (especially near the end when i started being too afraid of the CE) and it ended up costing me the match against cam's NM, so this video is just as much about what not to do as much as it is about what to do. in my defense, this was only my 2nd live session with SC V, so i was still figuring a few things out :p

something that i definitely took away from this match was that maxi's options for hitting grounded opponents are fairly limited; you can see that i get overaggressive and throw out a bunch of linear ground hitting moves that get rolled and heavily punished throughout the match. the next night we had our seattle casuals and i stuck mostly to 1K to hit grounded unless i was certain that they weren't going to roll, and it worked much better.

1K is always the best option while opponents are grounded. Only when you feel they are desperate to block 1K after being grounded should you attempt mid, ground hitting mixups. Myself personally I'm just glad they returned to 1K being able to hit all opponents no matter where they roll unlike SC4 where rolling on the ground was like the best shit ever.

You guessed right Spidey, I have some businesses outside my country and can only be back on April to play the game
Now I am like in a lost island :(

Here's one. (Encoding went a bit wonky, seizure risk.)

Still missing damage left and sometimes right.

Here's a steam archive of the SCV event last week from Level Up at Super Arcade.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/307578276

Tourney starts around 3:09:00

My matches are around:

3:40:00

3:55:30

I'll just wait for you guys to rip me apart before I explain myself. LOL.

Aqua aqua aqua DAMNIT, WTF!!!!!!! choking like a bitch
BTW you looked like you had fun though. Some of your shifts were really nice from RO A, I'm going to adopt some of them, they were faster than i expect them, but I don't like that you use LO BK so much though.

You should've done more FC 3A, 3K and 1K and 1A in your game. Only greeks can punish 1K and 1A.

Aqua aqua aqua DAMNIT, WTF!!!!!!! choking like a bitch
BTW you looked like you had fun though. Some of your shifts were really nice from RO A, I'm going to adopt some of them, they were faster than i expect them, but I don't like that you use LO BK so much though.

You should've done more FC 3A, 3K and 1K and 1A in your game. Only greeks can punish 1K and 1A.

Haha!

The end guard crush I wasn't expecting. So when it happened, I was surprised. So I quickly buffered the CE, but I forgot that I was still in recovery, so the CE didn't come out. Once I realized that, I went into panic mode and mashed any fast attack to kill him. It's just my luck that A, A didn't kill him. If I did B, B or 6A+B or SOMETHING ELSE, I could've won the match.... but yeah I blew it. LOL.

I was expecting someone to point out the overuse of LO BK. My intention was to get him trained to always expect it so I can start to loop LO B ~ RC -> PSL2 ~ LO B over and over again to work on his guard meter. Little did I realize is that it takes over 35 hits for LO B to get the guard meter to flash red. So it was a waste of time. :(

And yes, now I realized how important 1K could have been when he was rolling on the ground alot. I will also try to incorporate 1A, and 3K as well!

Not sure about the 1A, probably mixing it up with RO K2A. Anything bs -14 is greek punishable. Funnily, that makes it Maxi CE punishable as well :)

Have just see the 1st clip

I see now the BL stance is a real mix-up now (Of course if the opponent does not interrupt you when you comes to BL)
"You gotta kidding me" <<< I laugh when Maxi said that when Ring Out
And Maxi hits like a truck now

Back