@maximilian_ Breaks Down the Latest Famitsu Article

• Admin
Maximilian Dood reports the newest information that was learned from yesterday's Famitsu article about SoulCalibur VI. Motohiro Okubo talks to Famitsu about returning mechanics and the goals the development team has for the gameplay. Max also speculates what guest characters may be coming into the game. Check out Max's reaction to the news in the video below!

You can follow Max's social media via the links below.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOgaIuQYGr6ow_jbote4BKA
Twitter: https://twitter.com/maximilian_
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I totally agree with his point about 8wr. It'll be quite a bummer if they keep that whole *if you 8wr and get hit there will be a huge punish* mechanic

I totally agree with his point about 8wr. It'll be quite a bummer if they keep that whole *if you 8wr and get hit there will be a huge punish* mechanic
Max made it sound like you couldnt move at all in SCV when i never really had that problem. Same with him saying GIs were basically removed from the game when they were actually really strong in SCV.

Personally i just want them to maybe tone down the amount of time you are vulnerable from step but not remove it all together. I'd prefer that over Step-G or Tekken style wave dashing but i guess we'll just have to see what they do as we get more news or time with the game.

70% done is fucking insane, I wouldn't be surprised if we get this by June or July.
If the interview is anything to go by, since they can pick and chose, I would not be surprised if characters ages were altered to allow them to be in the game.
I've noticed a few people panicking over certain characters not appearing in the game. There's multiple options the DEVs can take to keep them in. I completely agree, change their ages, change their date of birth, they could even have them in the game for ever mode except the canon story mode. There's plenty of options to allow later characters in the game!

There's multiple options the DEVs can take to keep them in. I completely agree, change their ages,

Let's see here. By my super advanced calculations Hilde was 35 the year 1607. We are going back to the year 1586. So if we stay in that time period, Hilde will be between 14 - 15 years old... That would be pretty fun and kinda cool to see honestly. But it will probably not happen.

If the interview is anything to go by, since they can pick and chose, I would not be surprised if characters ages were altered to allow them to be in the game.

Let's NOT do that. That's just silly. If you want them in (so fans don't throw a tantrum), leave them out of the canon Story Mode while allowing them in VS and other modes. Other than that, I'm not going to expect anyone but the original SCI roster (with movelists updated to their later counterparts) and maybe some newbies retconned into the story

I seriously can't wait to see the rest of the old crew! It's been a while since I've played as my boy Rock!... I just hope if this is a reboot (of sorts) that Setsuka, Tira, and Zas don't get left out.

70% doesn't mean the game will come out mid 2018. Even if the old programmer maxim didn't hold, if the game took two years to make, 70% done would mean about another year before completion. If the game took four years, that would mean they need another two years. Simple math ppl

Of course stepping should be punishable.

If you back- or sidestep a move successfully, you get free launchers. For the fundamental rock-paper-scissors system of the game to even work, step cannot be safe.

That being said, it'd be nice if they figured out how to do that without forcing the quickstep animation on buffered 8WR moves.

We don't know how punishing horizontals on CH will be. But we do know if you successfully sidestep you'll get a CE or some other big whiff punish.

And even if you could step without CH horizontals, I'd just discourage your step in other ways. You're still not moving against me as much as it sounds like players like you want to unless you're spacing properly, just like in any other SC.

70% doesn't mean the game will come out mid 2018. Even if the old programmer maxim didn't hold, if the game took two years to make, 70% done would mean about another year before completion. If the game took four years, that would mean they need another two years. Simple math ppl
That's only if you're assuming each task created takes the same amount of time. If they need to wrap up several small projects or put the finishing touches on lighting effects or localize languages that doesn't take the same as character moveset development or somethjng that takes lots of sit down effort

That's only if you're assuming each task created takes the same amount of time. If they need to wrap up several small projects or put the finishing touches on lighting effects or localize languages that doesn't take the same as character moveset development or somethjng that takes lots of sit down effort
They were doing Mocap in March.

Balancing takes a while and that can introduce a lot of unintended bugs etc as well.

My point is theres no reason to assume that a game "70 percent" complete breaks down the time spent creating the various parts of the game using the same deadline to finish. Meaning the final 30 percent to complete the game could be wrapped up in January or it could be wrapped up in August.

Its just unnecessary to make such an assumption I thought it was weird enough to point out that sort of flawed thinking.

Reactions: TiZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back