Maxi's Top 10 Moves

1. 6A+B BE
TCs early, great damage, on guard keep them there with LI K, on hit LI A for extreme damage

2. 2A+B
The good old low, tad bit harder to see with the faster gameplay

3. 11_44_77K
Great when they are down, +2 on block. But 1 thing I noticed about "flying" moves from all the characters is that they are somewhat easy to hit out of...

4. LI A and WS B
These 2 are so similar so I put them together, WS B punishes whiffed throws and highs, LI A to deter interruptions when in stance and high damage for combo enders

5. 6A
The usual story I guess

6. 11_77A
Good for when the opponent stays down, BL KK BE follow up can hit well too. Good gauge gain btw.

7. LI K
The staple frame advantage move now

8. 4B
Although LO no longer have access to all stances instantly, 4BBK is still quite the force to be reckoned.

9. Right side throw BL
Free BL KK BE, even better if near the wall

10. WS B+K
With cancel option to go into RO, WS B+K goes into BL and is safe compared to LI B

I agree with all that but I also like bt b+k it works in situations to where circumstances put maxi in bt suck as a combo wiffing iya a mif fast tcs and guard break

I agree with all that but I also like bt b+k it works in situations to where circumstances put maxi in bt suck as a combo wiffing iya a mif fast tcs and guard break

But would you really put a BT move into a top 10 list (aside from Voldo)?

I mean, you're in BT, what, 1% of your play time?

Here's my list off of the top of my head:

(in no particular order)

1) 4B (BK). Basically an all-purpose offence starter with options on hit and block leading to NCs, delayed CH fishing, and PSL. Not much risk if you just stop after the first 2.

2) 6A+B (and BE). Amazing move. Tech crouches, breaks guard fast, and leads to TONS of easy damage. Damn safe, to boot.

3) 66B+K. Pretty damn safe, mid, ground-hitting, long distance, ring-out, whiff-punishing move. Breaks guard like crazy.

4) 2A+B. CRAZY range. Much farther than it looks. Also rings out.

5) WSB+K. LOVE this move. Awesome sidestepping mid with good frame data and followups. Can be cancelled, too. Probably use this move a lot more than I should.

6) 6A (into A,K mixups). They buffed this move a lot! Pretty easy to CH confirm, way safer than it used to be, and deceptive range.

7) 66_99_33A. GREAT step-stopper and offence-starter. Completely safe and crazy plus frames on hit.

8) 1B (into followups). Safe mid leading into RO~A,K shenanigans. What's not to love?

9) BL~K,K(BE). Probably one of the best ring out moves in the game. Works from almost any Maxi combo and be thrown out from stance from 6A and 1B mixups.

10) 44B. Safe mid leading to great stance mixups and awesome damage on hit.

It is a huge life saver when a conbo wiffs its one of my persobal favorites w maxi bc of that. I under stand where you are comming from rico
My top ten
B+k b b b a: Good meterless punish plus builds an ass ton of meter

3 b or 1 a mix ups

Wc 3 a hits on ground is a decent low ang leads into decent mixups

6 a+b all the same reasons posted

Ws b great wiff punish on highs or grabs

4b leads into mixups and good damage off wall

B decent offense starter

Ws b+k great tc and movement leada into big dammage

66 b+k good damage ro ground hit just.an all around good move

Li k. Frame adv

@xdemonkakashix
There's an edit button. Please use it for your posts :p

6A+B
LI A and WS B
2A
1B
RO B
RC AB
FC 3A
RO AK
88_22A

I can't have a top 10 thought....I need to add AA, 6A and 22_88A to the list. Can't believe i forgot that. I've been using AA a lot

Personally I dunno about 33_99B, considering it is very steppable and unsafe now, not to mention how it doesn't work against quite a few characters like Xiba getting a free 3kB
6B4g sort of recovers too slow for my tastes and 2A for most seems to beat that option quite well.

Personally I dunno about 33_99B, considering it is very steppable and unsafe now, not to mention how it doesn't work against quite a few characters like Xiba getting a free 3kB
6B4g sort of recovers too slow for my tastes and 2A for most seems to beat that option quite well.

33B is pretty safe. It's only AA punishable, and you can escape AAs a lot with BL A. 33B tracks VERY well to Maxi's right side, and combos with BT B+K vs step :) Maxi's verticals track to his right side mostly. 4B, 33B, 6A+B, WS B+K etc

Xiba's 3kB is what speed? That must be really fast to be able to punish 33B. Can it be WL?! will check

6B4G goes to LI very quickly though on the fastest cancel, and although 2A beats everything, it doesn't matter, 2A is a pitiful thing.

i don't think 2A will beat 6B4~G>LI A if you use the fastest cancel because it's like +8 i think into LI. it's super fast. that said, unless the opp has seen that transition you're probably better off using LI K in most situations since that will beat most things out also.

In no particular order
1.) 6A+B (Amazing punisher)
2.) 22_88A (great for CH combos)
3.) 1B (and its various mix-ups)
4.) 6A (and its various mix-ups)
5.) WS B+K (great for wake-up shenanigans)
6.) 1K (which goes into WS B+K)
7.) 2A+B (good low to throw out every now and then)
8.) FC 3A (main okizeme that goes into various mix-ups)
9.) BL KK (great low attack)
10.) A+B~G (great combo starter on CH)

Back