[May 18, 2013] East Coast Throwdown 5 (Morristown, NJ)

has there been an official Schedule made yet?

Not yet, soon though, I promise.

If you haven't already gotten your room for ECT5, here's the availability in the hotel that's left. I highly advise you book now seeing as how we exceeded ECT4's numbers a few weeks ago. Again, there is no charge to your credit card until you check-in, or cancel too close to your reservation.

King Bed:
5/17: 9 rooms remaining
5/18: 12 rooms remaining
5/19: 2 rooms remaining

Double/Double Beds:
5/17: 2 rooms remaining
5/18: 3 rooms remaining
5/19: 11 rooms remaining

Suites:
5/17: 4 remaining
5/18: 3 remaining
5/19: 4 remaining

Also, pre-registration ends in 18 days!

www.ecthrowdown.com

I viewed the ruleset on the ECT website for SCV and I noticed that the matches are 2/3 whereas our post-EVO standard is 3/5, will this change be made for us at the event?

I viewed the ruleset on the ECT website for SCV and I noticed that the matches are 2/3 whereas our post-EVO standard is 3/5, will this change be made for us at the event?

At all the other tournaments it seems like it's been up to the community. Can someone give the TO a heads up now that we prefer 3/5?

At all the other tournaments it seems like it's been up to the community. Can someone give the TO a heads up now that we prefer 3/5?

Heads up received! Those rules are from like, ECT3. I'll change them today, but 3/5 is totally cool with us!

EDIT: Damn dude, really big thanks for pointing that out to me. Took a look at all of the rules pages. Had some information from last year's bonuses on there still. Everything has been updated!

PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS IN 10 DAYS 9 HOURS 46 MINUTES!!!!!!!!

More hotel rooms have been added, but there is a condition attached! Since there are so few rooms left on Saturday, you can only book rooms for two days or more. So that would be Friday & Saturday (check out Sunday), Saturday & Sunday (check out Monday) or Friday-Sunday (check out Monday). I'm tyring to get Saturday-only rooms, but they won't be able to be discounted, I can almost guarantee that. If you need a room for Saturday only, I have listed other hotels in the area. You can reach the venue hotel from there via cab (shouldn't be more than $5, $10 at the absolute max). I'll let you guys know as soon as Saturday rooms are made available, but for those needing two or three day stays, go nuts!

www.ecthrowdown.com

Conflicted on whether to attend this or UFGT. I MAY possibly do both..
Can't decide. Kappa
We're going to have a hellish impressive group at ECT with no stream I guess. So only the people there will truly be able to appreciate it.

UFGT has Chicago players, a great reputation, and whatever.

You'll be a lucky guy to make booth, but if you can't you should help us make this the best SCV tournament never seen. Something is very appealing about that. lol

We're going to have a hellish impressive group at ECT with no stream I guess. So only the people there will truly be able to appreciate it.

UFGT has Chicago players, a great reputation, and whatever.

You'll be a lucky guy to make booth, but if you can't you should help us make this the best SCV tournament never seen. Something is very appealing about that. lol

No one ever said it wouldn't be streamed. We'll definitely stream at least Top 4, if not more of the tournament throughout Saturday. I still have to do the schedule, but SCV was always part of the plans.

Is it all gonna run Saturday?

Yes SCV will start and end on Saturday. It will start at either 12:00 or 2:00pm. Depends on how big the pre-reg number is. I like giving people leeway so they can get adjusted to the environment. Wouldn't want to start a 64 man tournament at noon and make people feel rushed you know?

Few things:

4 AND A HALF HOURS LEFT TO REGISTER! www.ecthrowdown.com

There was some confusion about the bonus prize from One Frame Link. Here's a more clear explanation:

$2000 SF4
$2000 Marvel
$1000 Injustice

$1000 to the game that has the most entries, EXCLUDING SF4, Marvel, and Injustice. So that means MK9 could get it, KoF13, SCV, Persona, any other game except the 3 already getting the bonus prize from OFL.

Also, Injustice will be on Xbox 360 as mentioned last night on our social media accounts.

Back