[May 2, 2012] Soul Calibur 5 Online Tournament (PSN)

Spring is a big Season for fighting games here at MLG. The Fighter Arena on Saturday, April 28 will feature Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat, and both games will also be played, along with King of Fighters XIII, at the Spring Championship. Now, thanks to PlayStation®, Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat competitions will also be taking place on GameBattles all Season long.

The Soul Calibur V and Mortal Kombat Online Tournaments, Powered by PlayStation® will give you the chance to hone your skills for the Spring Championship, and win prize money in the process. They're free to enter, anyone can participate, and you can compete in both games with the chance to take home $5,000! Registration is open now; sign up and show everyone what you've got!

Register for the Soul Calibur V Online Tournament | Register for the Mortal Kombat Online Tournament
Prize Money

$5,000 total is on the line for each tournament:
  • 1st Place: $2,500
  • 2nd Place: $1,500
  • 3rd Place: $750
  • 4th Place: $250
Competition Format and Schedule

The format for both tournaments will be a 1v1 ladder which leads into a 32-player double elimination bracket. Both games will be played on PS3.
  • April 27 at noon ET: Registration opens
  • May 2: Ladder play begins
  • May 29, 9pm ET: Registration closes
  • May 30, 9pm ET: Ladder play ends, and Bracket play begins
  • June 2, 12pm ET: Bracket play begins
Please see the rules and competition format for full details:
Soul Calibur V Online Tournament, Presented by PlayStation® Official Rules

Mortal Kombat Online Tournament, Presented by PlayStation® Official Rules

F.A.Q

What countries can participate?

This is open only to U.S. residents (Sorry Canada)

What happens if the match is laggy?

You should replay the match using a new host. If that doesnt work attempt to reconnect until you have a stable enviroment. If you cant, put in a ticket and have the match negated. If it happens in the bracket stage, you can try the new host again but ultimately will have to play it out.

Color Edits on Default Characters? Those are O.K as long as they don't serve as something that no longer makes the characters appear how they should normally in the game. Faces should be visible and nothing else that would obstruct the characters identity should be added. This means no hoods, masks, face paint, horns etc.

Create a Soul Characters?

No

Will this count for seeding or invitation to MLG Anaheim?

No. Although anyone that wins or participates is able to sign up for MLG Anaheim. Personally my opinion is no player that wins an online tournament should be seeded in an offline one.

Guess I'm not the only one.

And here I was, wanting to feel special...

I had some trouble with Showstopper too. After our match, he said it was laggy and insisted on cancelling. I said we should report the score since we finished. He requested a cancel then, but I already reported the score. Eventually, he also reported the score but it took some convincing. Now we just cancel before our match starts.

I have a general soul calibur question that relates to this ladder.

When you save recorded matches, is there any way that your opponent can delete them via blocking you? I beat hoeim_hime or whatever and had the recorded matches in my saved replay file but when I came back neither were in there.

Luckly I ended up saving the last match since it still shows the last 10 matches you've played but I was just wondering if it was possible to delete someone's recordings by blocking them.

This same situation happened to me when I triple perfected a natsu and it ended up being missing in my recording. If anyone could explain this too me I would be happy, thank you.

The only way I know of that happening is if they exit out of the match before it's gone back to the lobby.

So, apparently, I'm ranked 23rd. And I've only played 1 match.

Also, I just got a message at 2 am telling me that I was supposed to have a tourney match hours ago. Why the hell wasn't I even informed? He said he challenged me, yet there was no notification from MLG... and I haven't even hosted a game.

This shit is weird. I'm happy we're being supported, but... jeez.

You need to check your Spam Folder. I just now noticed that my email notifications were being put there. So go look.

Got blown up By KinecticClash!!!!!!! LMAO.
I dont think i care for this Tourney anymore...
I beat him. That must mean I am better than you! Get exposed! J/K. He's a good player. Lots of these online guys are legit as hell. Don't give up though, all you need to do is get top 32, then it's just like a normal tournament, but with lag!

Got blown up By KinecticClash!!!!!!! LMAO.
I dont think i care for this Tourney anymore...

I'm sorry... (I'm assuming this wasn't meant as an insult haha.) With high level play online (oxymoron, I know) it's kind of like flipping a coin. Which is why I think it's weird that the prize for winning is so high. But yeah, it kinda comes down to luck a lot. Or which person's better at playing "Who can press their buttons first." But oh well, I shouldn't complain about a free tourney.

so like my account is still locked with no response from mlg...

and everyone gets to pass me.... YAY.

grr.

/teardrops

Wow, I just got locked for disputing a battle for no reason. *facepalm*
The guy didn't show up and I even gave video proof and provided a lot of information, as if it wasn't enough.
I swear, the way that MLG handles situations are just fucking stupid.

Alright, apparently MLG is on a locking spree because I also got locked. The reason, "Free Wins." How do I get myself unlocked since this is obviously not a valid reason.

Alright, apparently MLG is on a locking spree because I also got locked. The reason, "Free Wins." How do I get myself unlocked since this is obviously not a valid reason.

That is precisely what i was locked for. I assume it happened when I tried to have a match vs someone who is using the same computer as me to access their MLG pages, and their site sees it as "same person trying to play himself, using same ip" which is dumb as hell because we had played all separate people until that point, and he is doing terribly and I am doing well.

Either way I opened a ticket to try and resolve it, as did he and we have gotten 0 response.

I'm sorry... (I'm assuming this wasn't meant as an insult haha.) With high level play online (oxymoron, I know) it's kind of like flipping a coin. Which is why I think it's weird that the prize for winning is so high. But yeah, it kinda comes down to luck a lot. Or which person's better at playing "Who can press their buttons first." But oh well, I shouldn't complain about a free tourney.

This logic right here is what I don't understand. Take yo credit and blow it up in his face. Be like "hell yea I fucked yo ass up online son, take that shit!" cause in reality we all know that was an insult too you. Online can make you salty, but this sounds more like an apology for whoopin' someones ass then trying to explain outcomes. Give credit where credit is due.

I lost to someone I thought I had no business losing too, and yea it made me a little salty, but it is what it is. You can't knock it, just dust off your shoulders and move on, and learn from it. Everyone already knew what type of tournament this was before you entered so posting "OMG I LOST TO THIS GUY ONLINE WTFOMGFUKDISONLINE!" just adding more salt to the ring than a pair of greased up sumo wrestlers fighting over a fat redneck.

So already I've fought a person with CaS parts on their Algol. I get the thought that we don't like to read rules.

That is precisely what i was locked for. I assume it happened when I tried to have a match vs someone who is using the same computer as me to access their MLG pages, and their site sees it as "same person trying to play himself, using same ip" which is dumb as hell because we had played all separate people until that point, and he is doing terribly and I am doing well.

Either way I opened a ticket to try and resolve it, as did he and we have gotten 0 response.

I think that might have been what happened to me. I have a friend in the tourney who was using my computer. However, I was locked so quickly it was impossible to tell if he even accepted any of my matches. Plus, we already agreed that if we got paired together, we would cancel our match so that we wouldn't be expected of cheating. Now I am locked, and he is not, which also doesn't make sense. So maybe I was locked for some other random reason.

Will I really be locked until the time it says (Friday night)? Or are they just going to lock me permanently once they actually look at it?

This logic right here is what I don't understand. Take yo credit and blow it up in his face. Be like "hell yea I fucked yo ass up online son, take that shit!" cause in reality we all know that was an insult too you.

I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt. Also, I didn't find it insulting because I know I can do the same to him offiline (not trash talk, just an observation). The match actually disconnected once while I was ahead, yet I let us do a full rematch, but he doesn't mention that lol.

Really nigga.... Kinetic know damn well i wasnt insulting him.... Plus he also can vouch for how our connection was slow and draggy then the usual online experience. So mind yo own damn business.... Instigating like a lil ass girl.

Wait...lemme make sure I understand this right...this KineticClash caracter is saying he'll fuck Hawkeye up offline...and Shogun is saying this, that, and something else about it? I just have to make sure I'm getting this straight before I go any further.

Fuck East Coast vs. West Coast; Anaheim's looking like it needs to be online vs. Offline right about now.

Back