[May 24, 2013] UFGT9: Guts (Road to EVO 2013) (Rosemont, Illinois)

Keits

[08] Mercenary
Please visit http://ufgt.us/ for full information blog stream, registration and hotel/travel information.

Join us from May 24th to 26th of 2013 in Chicago, IL for the most inclusive tournament experience on the planet: Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9! While the previous installments were huge successes, we still have changes in store UFGT9, including an all new venue.

New Venue: Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare -

Venue Features:

• 15,300 sq/ft ballroom (up from a total of 6,000 sq/ft last year). This massive space will give you all the room you need to game with your friends, compete in our tournaments, or relax in the fun and games area.
  • Welcome to Chicago. Our venue is only one stop on the CTA Blue Line train from the O’Hare International Airport. Getting to us has never been easier or cheaper. If you are willing to walk a half mile from the CTA station to the hotel, it will only cost you $2.25 to ride the train. Additionally, the Blue Line train leads right into the heart of Chicago proper. If you want to be a tourist for a day or two, you are certain to love our new location.
  • Rooms are available at the special group rate of $79.99/night, only $10 more than in Northbrook. UFGT remains one of the cheapest tournament events you can attend.
  • Parking will be completely free for any guest staying overnight for UFGT9, and will be discounted to $10/day for everyone else attending.
  • The Crowne will offer a cash concession booth where you can get reasonably priced food and drink. No outside food or drink is allowed, but there are plenty of nearby places to eat just a short walk away.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or tweet @KeitsSRK on twitter. Or, visit our thread on SRK.

GAME LIST -

With EVO’s game lineup announcement out of the way, we can finally release the game list for UFGT9. If your favorite game isn’t on the list, fear not! Community run side tournaments during finals Sunday are encouraged, and if you contact me, we’ll find you a time slot and space to gather and play through your bracket.

• Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver 2012
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Street Fighter x Tekken ver 2013
  • King of Fighters XIII
  • Mortal Kombat 9
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Mystery Game Tournament ver 2013
  • Injustice
  • Divekick ver 2013
  • Soul Calibur V
  • Vampire Savior (aka Darkstalkers 3)
  • Vampire Hunter (aka Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge)

We will make an announcement about which platform each title will be played on shortly, and we will make a decision about the EVO Player’s Choice title at the end of the month. Expect registration to go live the first week of February. Hotel booking is available right now.

UFGT8 was the mother fucking shit! I'm gonna do my best to head up to Chi-town at the end of May & be there for UFGT9.

I'm wondering if any chicago people would be able to let me sleep at their place if I go, or if I need to get a hotel room.

im going to need to figure out how to pull this one off. i really want to go but it seems really unrealistic seeing that ECT is the week before and CEO is a month later. id really want to make it out and chill with all of you again. also recently i put in a lot of work to get better, so i would like to be able to go to a tournament with higher comp, seeing as ECT and CEO probably wont have the same number of killers that would be in this tournament.

im going to need to figure out how to pull this one off. i really want to go but it seems really unrealistic seeing that ECT is the week before and CEO is a month later. id really want to make it out and chill with all of you again. also recently i put in a lot of work to get better, so i would like to be able to go to a tournament with higher comp, seeing as ECT and CEO probably wont have the same number of killers that would be in this tournament.
It's a question of quality vs. quantity+convenience. Either way, go to this one. It'll be worth it.

It's a question of quality vs. quantity+convenience. Either way, go to this one. It'll be worth it.

the thing is ECT is pretty much my hometown tournament and the fact that i popped off on jebaily for not having sc5 in CEO and now the game is in there makes me feel extremely obligated to go.

the thing is ECT is pretty much my hometown tournament and the fact that i popped off on jebaily for not having sc5 in CEO and now the game is in there makes me feel extremely obligated to go.
Actually that just makes it funnier when you don't go. And it'll be even funnier when you see each other at ufgt.

Back