Mina vids?

more throw attempts, i know her throw range sux, but u gotta try
I dunno. It's not that bad. It certainly has a little bit of phantom range and you get a nice little suction effect. Lol.

She's got awesome throws.

Edit:
Nice colour edit btw. I'm going to steal it.

I'm very on the fence about her throws right now. The B throw is so much better than the A throw, which sucks because it's also her RO throw. After a B throw you get such juicy 9B+K tech traps you can easily be taking 1/3+ of their bar off each time. After the A throw you don't really have much, plus, it leaves them close, which isn't always what you want. At least it does decent damage on its own.

Hard to give character specific advice. I don't play Senior's Ivy that much, and he plays very different from 350z anyways; tends to stick close and try to abuse 9B. I do like your use of 22B, which I'll try, since the people I'm playing with have no trouble blocking 1A and 2A+B on reaction, even during step. Maybe try to work in some aGIs, like has already been said. I'm trying to do that more myself, and they are useful. Maybe you could stress the SG a little more, too -- can Ivy punish 66/44A+B well? I also think you might be able to get away with a few more FC1Bs at range for punishing and interrupting stances, and less 66B, since it's so easy to step and isn't really worth the risk (it's a habit I'm trying to break myself).

66A+B and 44A+B is safe page last time i checked. I think he didn't use them much cuz Ivy was all over the place.

Mina's throw range, sucks but her throws are great all of them. Both the A and the B. I like the adv time given from the A, and i like the RO property of the B. I use both fairly equally. After the A throw you have uninterruptable options, and if they stand right near you, you get another throw hahaha.

Khent:
I didn't realise why 2B+K was working for u actually, personally i hate that move. Too linear and too slow for my tastes. I play quite aggressively these days, so I rarely these type of moves honestly.

Ah, I regularly get massive damage off B+G, but I do set up another throw with A+G. It's good for that, true.

And I don't mean throw out 66/44A+B all the time. You can force blocks with that after a lot of hits and when they roll, and then start mixing in throws and lows once they get wary.

My Xbox is finally fixed so I can get back online and start practicing again, I've already used some of the things I've seen and read in my matches(and I finally started using 44/66A+B, I actually got a CF off of it in my second match back against a decent Setsuka.) Maybe I'll be able to link to more vids if I play Astaroth some more or something.

Damn good matches if you ask me. I haven't seen a solid Talim in a minute, good show.
Very solid stuff, nice use of basics, Great spacing, nice aggression from both players, i'm honestly really feeling these vids.

Khent:
Noticed some mistakes :)
- missed 4B+K combo opportunities, you seem unsure what to do. 33KB is the answer ;)
- Lack of 2A+B wakeup application. 2A+B > ALL siderolls. You need it, it's her best low. One of her best attacks. It makes them get up and block 66_44A+Bs. U did use a bit in ending of 2nd vid, but u could use it more in general
- No more 3B after 6B+K :p
- At the range you played i think you could've used 2A much more

Excellent play.

Excellent matches, Khent. Frankly, you're better than I am, so take whatever I say in stride.

- You can definitely use 8B+K as a tech trap after A+G. I've done it before. It's lovely.
- I would recommend using 2A+B more often. It leads to excellent mind games, deals solid SG damage, beats out any attempt at side-rolling when used as oki, and is reasonably safe at the right range.
- Why are you punishing with 8A+B? Not so much advice as a genuine question.
- Up-close 66B is a no-no.
- I would use more 1BB_A. It's a fantastic mix-up with strong payoff.
- I'd also use more 4B. It's too fast and too solid a zoning tool to ignore.
- This is a total scrub tactic and you absolutely should not do it, but BBB deals fantastic SG damage. Don't ever use it, but actually do.

Haven't actually watched the vids, so yeah. Lol.

4B+K into 33KB works. And gives waaaaaaay better oki.

Pogo from throw is really good for people who try to roll around or just stay on the ground.

And no real need in particular to setup 11B. It's pretty good just on it's own.

Khent:
You know you love 8A+B, just come out of the closet already and admit it. Your usage of it proves it ;)

You tried to use it vs Talim's evades and yo whiffed a god few times but...have you ever tried using 7B instead? try it heh heh

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but on what kind of hit does 33KB connect off of 4B+K?

I've tried it multiple times, and it still doesn't seem to work for me. =[

I actually went into training mode again after JB told me that it does indeed work, and after a few tries, I got it to work, but...

33KB from 4B+K seemed to only work when I stepped a little prior to using 4B+K. I'm not certain if this is an axis issue, or maybe it's character dependant? I'm not the fastest inputter by any means, but I'm definitely no slouch either. JB/Shenyu, are you certain there's no special little tidbit to this working consistently? If it helps at all, I played against Asta in training mode.

Are you sure you are getting all of the hits? Depending on axis issues and the depth at which 4B+K impacts, then sometimes parts of it miss.

Are you sure you are getting all of the hits? Depending on axis issues and the depth at which 4B+K impacts, then sometimes parts of it miss.

Yeah, I'm certain I'm connecting with all of the hits, but the 33KB follow-up just didn't seem to connect unless I had stepped prior to using 4B+K and the enemy being prone(training mode for example.)

khent, I didn't help you get better :( ? lol.

on a serious note-
right now, Mina is my counter pick character vs Algol. She's actually decent vs him. She can 66B his face with any bubble attempt, fc1B goes under bubbles, and I dunno, his hit box seems to be perfect for 4A and whiff set ups into tip range combos. I just feel really comfortable against him with her. Any thoughts as to why she is good against him? She just seems like she is.

cha cha

Yeah, I'm certain I'm connecting with all of the hits, but the 33KB follow-up just didn't seem to connect unless I had stepped prior to using 4B+K and the enemy being prone(training mode for example.)

HMm i'd have to give that second look see since u're having problems with it. It works for me especially vs Sophie.....but then again vs Sophie...you can land combos like 6K -> 33KB but not vs a good bit others. Will test. General info...4B+K is 3 hits. As long as the 3rd hits deep, 33KB should be reliable.

I actually went into training mode again after JB told me that it does indeed work, and after a few tries, I got it to work, but...

33KB from 4B+K seemed to only work when I stepped a little prior to using 4B+K. I'm not certain if this is an axis issue, or maybe it's character dependant? I'm not the fastest inputter by any means, but I'm definitely no slouch either. JB/Shenyu, are you certain there's no special little tidbit to this working consistently? If it helps at all, I played against Asta in training mode.

Are you Auto-GIing with it? Because without that Auto-GI part it doesn't bring them forward. If you just use it without GIing something sometimes it doesn't bring them close enough for 33KB to connect. I think that's your problem there and Asta is one of the harder characters for 33KB to connect on anyways.

EDIT: Lol Khent. I didn't do much, it was all you! But I'll edit in my thoughts tonight. I have work in a few.

Alright got a chance to watch those vids.

Everybody has pretty much covered what I had gripes about. The biggest criticism I have for you is your wake ups. I think you're not applying enough of pressure on it. 2A+B is your friend!

-8A+B/B throw/3A+B, 2A+B will hit them if they try to roll, so use that to get them to stop then you can have some fun with mixups there.
-I don't really like the 8B+K series in place of 33KB as at combo end. 33KB gives a nicer wake ups for an instant block trap mix up.
-To comment on 4B. It really is a nifty tool. I'd use it if I know it can interrupt, or either use K to try to bait a CH.
-I would of liked to see more 1BB. Another Nifty tool. I don't really like 1B's other follow ups though.
-I agree with Nikkelz, a bit more 2A (I'd rather have a regular 2A). It's a good low.

That's about it for now. Good stuff man.

Are you Auto-GIing with it? Because without that Auto-GI part it doesn't bring them forward. If you just use it without GIing something sometimes it doesn't bring them close enough for 33KB to connect. I think that's your problem there and Asta is one of the harder characters for 33KB to connect on anyways.

And...that would be the issue. xD

I didn't realize the auto-gi was required. I just thought the 3 hits from 4B+K had to connect. Thanks for clearing that up.

Back