Mina vids?

LOL
Your unfamiliarity with Sieg showed.

You can actually reflexively autoGI a lot of his stuff, like that SCH and BH B. You can also punish/interrupt a lot of his stuff with 2K, 4B and K depending on the situation. I also noticed, that you don't use fast mids in your game. That's a big but subtle problem. I recommend 1B personally. I think i'm the only who uses 33K...but i won't recommend that to anyone else though.

Alsoba decent guideline, when in doubt after blocking Sieg's stance 'frame traps' step to his right and punish his SCH K. I personally like using A+B vs whiffs ;)

lol, nothing wrong with 33KB. It's i17, and almost free SG damage. If they start GIing it, then you know what to do...

I'll post fuller comments later, but vs 3 you might want to stick with simple K, if you're worried about your reaction time.

Depending on what you need, I actually recommend 3bK as a fast mid interrupt. Monster wakeup.

Hey,

I am relatively new to this board so I imagine my Mina is not nearly as skilled as most anyone's from this board, but I decided I wanted to post a video so maybe I can get some pointers and improve my game. Here it is:

I have a couple other Mina vs. Zas matches against the same person online if you want to look at them as well. Although, I admit in the other videos I messed up a couple combos that I normally would have hit with, but I guess I subconsciously decided to do bad since I knew the match was being recorded >_<

Well thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate any and all feedback you have to offer!

I'll check your vid when I get home Turnip, remember the power of the Lightning (FC)1B, and the even more powerful Reverse Lightning 1B!

I think it's funny we may end up fighting for semi-finals in the tourney.

Thank you for the words of encouragement Khent! As hard as Mina is to play with I really do enjoy playing her and I think the fact that she is difficult to play well makes her that much more rewarding to win with!

Yeah hopefully I can beat my guy in the tournament so that we can play each other krazySyko. I am really surprised I beat that Hilde player in the 2nd round. I was really unlucky and got the Seesaw level on our first match, but then everything balanced out in the end because for our last match we ended up playing in that non-ring out tower level.

I'll try to critique as much as possible...

I watched the Algol vid, and overall I personally think you did well Khent. A few things I noticed:

1. Blocked 4KB = Free BBs for Algol. I think Ramon took advantage of this twice in this match. I think you know better than most of us what strings 4KB can punish from most of the cast.

2. Bubbles. You gotta pay attention to that shit man. I don't play a lot of Algol's myself, but those bubbles can lock you up or make you play sloppy. You seemed to have a grip on them at first, but then as the match progressed, it seemed like you just started to give in.

3. Breaking Grabs. I can't say I break grabs 100%, but I break them fairly often. I know it's 50/50, but Ramon I think took advantage later in the match.

I'm not sure if the issue with Algol is similar to the one with Setsuka, but you started off playing solid, then it just started getting sloppy near the end. That perfect at the end was hard to watch. I think after that football-field range low from Algol in round 4, it was like you lost complete focus on the match.

Regardless, I think you did well. Ramon is a solid player, and Algol...is Algol. You took it to round 5, so don't beat yourself up over it. I'd recommend just practicing against Algol a bit more and see what to lookout for(super range lows, bubble positioning, etc). You know it's a managable match for Mi-Na as well as I do.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Two more videos for your entertainment, this time from the recent Kogarasumaru monthly.

- I won, but it's apparent that I'm lacking yet more anti-character knowledge, this time with Setsuka.

- Algol was unbanned for this tournament. I lost, but put up a good fight. This proves that she has the juice to deal with Algol. This is actually quite funny because me and Ramon are having a friendly argument back and forth during the second match after he calls Mi-na broken (joking of course) and then sets me off.

Any pointers/tips/criticisms are welcome. I need to improve. I'm starting to think MA Regionals was a fluke.

Anticharacter knowledge comes with time and experience. Don't worry about that too much. Worry about...

...your movement. It's what hurts your game. Random backdashing made u eat 33B(CH). Move cuz u need to, don't move cuz you can. I find a lot of players just run about for some reason which i can't fathom cuz it doesn't seem to me that they get much success getting to capitalise on a whiff...they call it spacing, but i call it random. A lot of the time where you moved danced back and forth, you could've been offensive with a multitude of attacks considering Mina's range. There's little to absolutely ZERO stepG (except vs Algol bubbles) in your game. Need to work on that pronto. We all love Mina's huge backdash, but that alone isn't enough for defense.

Lost wakeup opportunities. You land FC 1KK, you backdashed. You landed 6B+K, you backdashed. I suggest finding followups. Spend some time with it, and you'll find some interesting options. After stuff like 6B+K lands, you have unitnerruptable, and unrollable options. You have the opportunity to force them to block. Go through all her knockdown moves comprehensively and test the frame advantage she has from them...you can post a wakeup thread in the mina forum, i'll participate and fill in blanks.

I checked your RO video against Talim , Khent, even if the RO is hard to pull, it sure made you look awesome. xD

I can't / don't want to get inside discussing which stuff is dumb , and what should you've done in which situation, because if I posted a video, it would probably be full of stupid stuff.

But I do want to say I saw a lot of stuff to try, and found them very inspirational. After seeing your videos, I think I use 8WR too much.

Here are some of my mina vs mitsurugi. I think it is supporting on Mina's 8way-Kill that I have said.
But the mitsurugi player is not so good, Compare with Lau,Chang's Friend,<==they are monster....
And Knightspirit's mit , I haven't vs him for long time......

Sing (Seong mina) vs Alex (Mitsurugi)

Final result is I lose becaure Alex find out I used to 2K FCC to 4.
So always get CH by mit's 6B......(Now I can FCC to any direction)

Anyway please comment thx...

The mitsu player isn't bad.... he's pretty good

Sing's point was.... everybody in Hong Kong plays Mitsu.... so in comparison with the other Mitsu this mitsu isn't the best he'd played against

-LAU

I liked the vids, you played well. I stole the 33KB aGI setup so hard, and it works, so I'm happy.

I got a couple of casual matches I'll post tomorrow. Of course, as soon as the camera was off I started playing decently. :<

He means as a setup.

Off the top of my head:

33KB is roughly -12 on block

Auto-gi frames for 6K and 4B+K are about 2-11

So verts from i14-i23 all get auto-gied.

I've probably got some of that wrong but it's roughly around there.

He means as a setup.

Off the top of my head:

that's actually pretty good

He means as a setup.

Off the top of my head:

Very thanx a lot for that!
i'll post a video of my seong mina
anyway too bad , my connection is laggy and i play usually 2-3 barrs
so sorry if it's boring as hell o_o

here is the video of my failed mina
i dont like mirror matches for the moment, kinda stress for me.very weird.
the match is stopped by internet error (not a ragequit)

- Trying to GI that one move Ivy has where she twirls the whip sword and then throws it out full force. I failed miserably at it 3 times
lol, I noticed that. Were you trying to 4B+K?

I can't say much on the Mina end since I'm still basically learning her myself, but one thing I can say is that the third hit of Ivy's CL WS AA is High so you can duck and punish it.

Watched the first set. Good stuff.

- You're doing FC1K. Are you trying to hit confirm and failing, or do you just prefer FC1K, 66A+B?

- 66/44A+B vs grounded. I do this too much as well. It doesn't fucking track! :<

- He went into WP stance like 2 times in 3 matches. I think you could have stayed back more. You still won, but up close while he's in SW or mid range vs CL is a bit tougher than long range vs someone who's in SW. You probably could have just kept just out of his range, stepped, and used FC1B, 3B combos, and 44/66A+B to punish and get free gauge damage.

I'll watch the second set in a bit.

Khent u really gotta work on your post 6B+K wakeup ;)
I'll start u off....
2A is a must block.

Also more 2K

Good shit regardless.

Back