Mina vids?

Good job beating the crap out of The Artist Formerly Known as Funkdoc. Methinks 6B+K probably isn't a good punisher, since the second hit can be ducked and punished on block, but otherwise you did well.

So there wasn't any practical follow ups I missed? No obvious frame traps I ignored?

But yea, poor Josh, he had no idea that she was a) low tier and b) easy to rushdown. So he played tenative and I just picked him apart.

Just that it's one of her better moves that won't get her utterly killed using it against Hilde. Haha.

Noticed you play her very different then I do, hopefully that doesn't mean I'm doing it wrong.

I am going to try to work more 2A+B in. You use a TON of lows as well, more then I do. I guess I'm used to VF where defended low= big trouble.

Just out of curiosity, how do you break out of the 3/1A+B? I saw that Maxi do it 2X in a row when you tried tossing him off the stage

And kinda off topic, but who does it look like you'll be maining this time around Shen Yu?

Just press A or B when you get hit. 1A+B = B break. 3A+B = A. He out yomi-ed me and broke A the second time. Lol.

Also, I love playing all my characters really. They're all incredibly fun. But Mina is the most interesting to play out of them all. And I sort of need Cass to play certain matchups. (Hilde. Lol)

Cool vids. I know the feeling. I get nervous when I fight people at the same or higher level then me. I tend to block low less due to that. I saw that in your play as well.

PS: That 6 B+K looks damn useful in your vid.

Hmmm I like Seung Mina's 6AK option along with her A+K moves, but it's difficult for me to push that mid battle. I would map it on my L1, but I have B+K on there for Astaroth and Rock.

I do see 6AK coming out quicker, so it might be more useful.

Hey Khent, I think you should have used the 1B, K_B_A variations more often. That's just a move I like to mix in as well. Also 33A A and 44A A can be good against side steppers and charges. But I can definitely understand your nervousness in the match.

Yea, we both played as Mina on an online match once, very close game, i think you won. You asked me if belonged to a forum, and i said no and asked what a good forum is. You said 8wr

Cool vids, Khent. I never really used :6::B::+::K: myself much except for juggle damage after a :6::K: launcher. But it seems to be fairly reliable at close distance judging from the Yoshi vid. Not so sure about :8::A::+::B: at close range though, I find that move too punishable on block.

And the feeling of nervousness when being pressured up close is something that all Mina players experience I think, just wish she has something more then 6AK or 4A to keep the distance.

A+B is too slow for it to be a punisher. For the things that A+B punishes (-21 I think it was), I rather try a throw attempt, 6B+K with it's wake ups, or if at range, 3B launch combo. Safety doesn't really matter to a punisher if you know what to punish with it or else 236B from Soph and Cass would suck.

6AK and 6B+K are the same speed.

I like 6B+K as a punisher. It is good for it's wake ups that follows it. First you have 3B, 66A+B and 2A, 3 options to prevent them from rolling. Then, after you condition them to get up right away, you can throw in 1_3A+B, which will catch if they tech if you do a foward step, 44A+B (66A+B will whiff on roll and tech) will surprisingly track their tech and catch their roll to the left side, 2A will also track their tech.

In the video, you seem to rely too much on 66A+B for wake ups. It seems like you were setting up for the CF. But definitely threaten with 2A+B and the cancel, and experiment with her knockdown moves to see what mix ups you can do with them. I would of liked to seen more of 1BB, B4B, and 4B. The hop back on those followed by a 2A+B can really surprise people. Just cancel 2A+B sometimes and really put them on their toes. Not recommended for characters like sophie though, they can hit you with a 236B if you do a 2A+B. Just see how they react to it and act accordingly.

6AK and 6B+K are the same speed.

I like 6B+K. It is good for it's wake ups. First you have 3B, 66A+B and 2A, 3 options to prevent them from rolling. Then, after you condition them to get up right away, you can throw in 1_3A+B, which will catch if they tech if you do a foward step, 44A+B (66A+B will whiff on roll and tech) will surprisingly track their tech and catch their roll to the left side, 2A will also track their tech.

I agree with most of your advice, but I disagree that 6B+K is good on wakeup. I don't know how good it is on block, but I usually reserve mix up games as good options on wakeup. 6B+k is a high, so it doesn't really pose much of a wakeup game imo.

It might be good if people try to use an attack immediately to interrupt something slower on wakeup. I have never really tried using it like that though.

I agree with most of your advice, but I disagree that 6B+K is good on wakeup. I don't know how good it is on block, but I usually reserve mix up games as good options on wakeup. 6B+k is a high, so it doesn't really pose much of a wakeup game imo.

It might be good if people try to use an attack immediately to interrupt something slower on wakeup. I have never really tried using it like that though.

No what I meant was that it's good for the wake ups that follows it off a punish. My mistake, worded it wrong.

I see. That does change things a bit. I never really used it like that either, but that makes a lot more sense to me though.

Back