Mina vids?

Ah. After a hard days work I can settle back and watch some Mina. I'll comment when I'm done, but I just got my first games in about a month and I wanted to record some shit. Now I'm glad I didn't because I get the feeling my rusty ass Mina would be embarrassing next to this stuff.

I've been busy with work and such, my 360 RROD'd on me, and I haven't had a chance to play SC4 for like a month, though I wanted to.

I watched the Mina vs Rock vids. I still think Mina has the advantage, but you're not escaping throws! You just need to sit down and learn them, they're not that hard. There's basically one good throw and one meh throw for every situation, and just make sure you don't get rung out and you're fine. If you escape a decent percentage of Rock's throws then he's fucked.

Feet toward (after 6K or FT 3A+G), Rock can do 3A+G and combo that with B+K, 22B, or run up to do another ground throw. If he hits the B+K then he gets a ground stun and if he's close he can do another ground throw. If you tech after the B+K then he gets a crouch throw (this is how you do the Rock Doom Combo). It's also his forward RO throw. So if you get hit by 6k then escape A.

Head toward (after 2A+K, 3A+G, or JF command throw) is Rock's back RO throw. He doesn't get as much after it; he can B+K but most characters can tech it (only guaranteed on Amy) or he can 22B but the timing is tough. He will most likely try for another ground throw, because you land feet toward and he can loop into 3A+G, B+K, etc.

His crouch throws are good, but he will usually go for 2B+G because it gives him more damage and a very good RO chance. If he does 2A+G he gets a head toward ground throw. He can try for crouch throws when you tech, so mash B.

If you side roll or sleep then he gets ground throws. Watch out for things like post B+G. If he has his back to the ring then he gets a free 1B+G (HT ground throw) for a RO if you side roll or stay on the ground.

Also, throws are about his 4th fastest move (lol?), so he'll be using them to punish a lot. And watch out for your moves that recover crouching because he can try for crouch throws (crouch throws are much faster than normal throws and give him good punishment vs crouch).

Anyway, I think that if you'd escaped throws you would have won.

Going to watch the rest after I get some snacks.

I've seen some of them, nice job for the most part. I forget which vid it was, but you messed up the pogo after 1A+B wall splat =(

This actually leads me to a question, you used 8A+B after 3B launch quite often, and it seemed to be doing tip damage. Do you just use it when you're unsure if 66B will do the tip combo or not for a more reliable damage option? For 3B close launches I've been trying to use/time pogo more to hit them on the ground. They can tech to Mina's left I think after being hit by the first, but not many people try/know that, and another forward pogo instead of middle will catch the tech (though then the third hit is techable).

I'll comment more later, but probably after this weekend since I'll be busy today and I'm going away till Monday. Sorry for not updating the wiki either, I'll try to get around to it eventually, school's been hard and my free time/procrastination time hasn't really been spent looking at wall combos to add.

Not that big of a deal, really. 3B, 8A+B at tip is still really decent damage, the only thing you miss out on is the push for a RO. The only time it's a problem is if they're too far and the 8A+B whiffs, but that should be obvious enough to spot.

Hooray for Mina positive thinking?

Yeah, with the 3B, I'm gonna keep trying for pogo to get the timing down, then continue to use that until people start wising up and teching out of it, which I only see Dragon (Tira player) figuring out or reliably doing anytime in the future.

I've played Ramon online a bit (I know I know...barely means anything. We did have a pretty good connection though). I think the matches were something like 23 (or more) to 9 or something, this was a few months back. So I got pretty trashed, but it was fun none the less. I don't even know if he used Sophie all the time, or that commonly at all, I'm just pretty sure I got one win off of his Sophie though =)

Oh, and with vids, sometime I'm planning to get Baba to record just a fun video of me using Mina's taunt to jump and punish lows. All the while the arranged version of her Soul Blade theme is playing in the background (listen to it and imagine Mina taunt jumping, it fits perfectly). I'll try to get some more matches of me recorded too, perhaps against more people than Dragon. Although Dragon and I usually have good matches, we know eachother too well it's scary sometimes. Recently he's been GI-ing all the 44A+B forced blocks that are GIable (22A, 6B+K, A+B, etc.), and I've started GIing some of his 2A+B forced blocks (not that often though).

Meh, I just play Mina because she's fun. Same with Rock. That's basically where I'm at with the game now. I don't need encouragement, I need someone with a PS3 stick!

Hey, I just play her cause I like her too. Though I don't mind the fact that she's not top tier (I always have liked uncommon characters, and lower tiers are usually uncommon), so that's just a plus. As long as she's still winnable with (which she is) I'm fine.

K, new match video against a Taki. Yeah, I definitely didn't play my best in this match and did some pretty bad things. I even used 2A+K in a 4 bar connection, though I think it was to make up for a few bombs, I'm not completely sure. I had a few good moments, but anyways, the main reason I'm putting this up is cause I hit him with 9A+B. Yep, and in a completely ridiculous, desperate, and overall strange way too (it doesn't look like it should hit).

Nice, I always only manage to AGI the third hit, mostly cause I don't react fast enough to do it on the second (with practice I may be able to though). Same story with Tira's 4B JF series.

You should definitely come on XBL to play me sometime! .....yeah...fat chance, I know. Thanks for the tips on the vid by the way, I'll definitely consider some of that stuff, and after re-watching I see how I did those things.

You want to avoid the lows for other reasons that online.

After you eat a few of Kilik's UBs for trying to hit a 2A+B block trap you'll try and find something else to do.

Fucking OOF.

Pogo could be an option, I've hit Kilik's right out of the air with it before. Pogo has such a weird double sided hitbox.

- Part 1
- Part 2

Anything awfully dumb I should know about?

(One thing I noticed, and am currently fixing, are my traps off of 8A+B and A+B. Using more 2A+B nowadays).

I haven't watched all of it, but it seems you still kept up pretty well a bit of the time, which is pretty impressive against a Voldo.

A recent match against an Amy for me was put up but I don't know if I should even bother posting it, sure I had a few good moments (JIing 66A), but a lot of things show just how sloppy I've gotten. I really need to re-learn Mi-Na, and this game pretty much, I've fallen into quite a few bad habits and just can't really play well at all recently.

BTW, jumping Amy's 66A with 8B on reaction is awesome. I need to find more jumpable slow mids.

Any character that has some sort of glitch attached to them, probably has something similar. Finally a "glitch" that benefits Mina, for fucks sake.

Nice find, Khent. This sort of thing goes on a fair bit in SC, but it's usually too unpredictable to repeat consistently and learn from.

They really need to work on those off axis properties for the next game.

Back