Mina vids?

Khent: Yeah, I've played Woahhzz a few times online, and I can tell that he's a very clever player (despite it the fact that it was online). But don't be too quick to sell yourself short. You made some solid guesses that could've made more of a difference if you had a bit more damage to back it up IMO.

Anyway I see where you're coming from on your points. But I'll go ahead and throw a couple more things out there after giving it some thought and see what you think.

Regarding 6K; 33K,B: After thorough testing I think I know pretty much how it works. If you're point-blank next to someone and step left and land 6K, 33K,B can only be teched to one side. That's if and only if you are absolutely right next to the opponent. If you're a bit further back (like half a character length or more), 33K,B cannot be teched at all if you're to the left or perfectly on-axis with your opponent (which is what happens in most realistic situations). This seems to have a lot to do with the way 33K hits. When you're to the right or especially severely to the right and land 6K, it will never work period. In fact, you're unable to land 6A,K or 3K,K after 6K in that situation. 3B seems to be the only thing that hits. This is important to know in case you step something like Astaroth's or Rock's 6K, for instance (though A+B is a safer choice if you think you might be off). In other words, in most every 6K situation where you could land 6A,K you can also land an untechable 33K,B. Hopefully that might set the record straight on this move.

Also, I hear you on stepping something and landing 6B+K, or throw (or A+B, especially if it were BD ;D) as a punisher. But imagine this situation--instead of stepping and landing an unbroken throw you land 6K; 33K,B and they tech, then you throw. If it's unbroken you've just done 50%. If they get wise and lay there or do an 8B off the ground and you 6K, they take around 80 damage total from one whiff and one wrong guess. What makes 6K work so well as a wake I believe is because it beats all options except one: stand straight up immediately and block. This is especially true after landing WR K and also 33K,B combo enders. If they stand even once to block your 6K (and likely hit you), then they're ready to stand into throw or 1/3A+B...and if they manage to get around that you can also opt for 2B+K as your waking mid (which has similar startup to 1/3A+B). I know, 6K is pretty punishable...but the more pressure you put on someone with the wakes the less chance you will be max punished. Most people are glad to guess right and will just B,B you for instance. If that's all they do then this wake is worth it.

As far as auto-GIs go, yeah 4B+K is by far her best without question. But you're right, I absolutely do not recommend using 6K auto-GI window just because it has one. There's a lot that can go wrong with it obviously. 4K,B however, is something you keep on the backburner for its auto-GI property. That move is pretty sparing and pretty clutch, but it's a nice option to know how to use if someone gets a bit predictable or especially (and most realistically) depending on the match-up. Lizardman comes to mind for example. I know you can GI his 66A for a decent guessing game, but 4K,B is pure damage for the most part. It's a nice move to have because you know a Lizardman is going to abuse 66A on Mina. I also feel that 4K,B is easier to time because the window is so late. If you have a mental lock on a move your opponent is going to do then having 4K,B handy as an option when needed can be helpful.

In the case of iWS A, yeah you're right. That move wasn't as necessary against Woahhzz in that match because he really wasn't stepping all that much...he was mostly looking to hit your backdashes and 4As and pin you down and hurt your step. And you're also right, it's nice to have when you're in FC (such as after you land a normal hit 2K). But I gotta say I love how it evades annoying pokes (like most regular standing Bs for instance). From close to close-mid range iWS A eats pokes alive because of how far away it evades. And it would be nice if it did have positive frames, but in my mind where most characters attack with priority when they have positive frames, Mina attacks with evasiveness even with negative frames. If you're able to do it, iWS A (hit) to iWS A can be surprisingly effective because of that back lunge, even at negative frames. And if they do find an attack that can CH your follow-up iWS A, if you know what kind of possible weakness the attack that hit you may have, you can try to take advantage of it next time and step it or backdash it or punish it or whatever...if you know the weakness. I know, it sounds like theory fighting but I personally use this philosophy all the time...at least for myself.

Finally, yeah I use quite a bit of 4A myself. It's a great move, staple for Mina. But some characters just own it...like Voldo or Sophie. 7A does help, but I find myself employing more step and more 4B+K and 6K whiff punish opportunities in those matches...Cassandra included. Oh, and I hate how Cassandra's 2B+K easily CH Mina's backdash. That move I feel you've just gotta look for those setups where people will use it and employ heavy left step.

Well, I hope you don't mind reading all these ramblings I have. My posts always run so long. I think that's why I stopped posting in general in the first place, heh.

-Hat

For the 44B up close, 1BK can work as well, though it CAN be air controlled, it can be decently difficult to air control and I think you have to go straight back, it'll catch side ones I think, since I've even caught people who know to air control it a good number of times IIRC.

Couldn't you also do correctly timed 33KB to oki?

The more I watch these vids, the more I learn. It seems that after all these battles I fought in with Mina, I still have yet to fully master her. I shall still press onward towards my goal even if I have to watch these all over again.

You like that bA action, yes.

And 6b+k?

And those cancels?

And everything knocks down?

Just like SC3 Cassandra was more fun to play than SC4 Cassandra.

You could try binding one of your shoulder buttons to a or b. Helps a lot with breaking throws in sc4 anyway.

The minute I start to use more 214aaa people will figure out how to ji it. That's why I stick to mostly 2b+k.

OOF and Eli can both do it consistently. Wallace's inputs and reactions are good enough that I think he could learn quite easily as well.

It's really the difference between practising on a stick, but playing on a pad. I'll have to work on it some more.

It MAY recover in time. I'll have to check.

It's different with Vader. That's such a dumb matchup for Rock.

It ain't so much that as it is Vader has one of those weird falling hitboxes so some of Rock's stuff doesn't work on him, and he's really safe, faster than Rock, better ROs. All the standard stuff, really. I'll have to try playing more of a gauge game, but Vader's Force gis are dumb.

Back