MLG SCV Online Tournament - Presented by PlayStation

Only a few more days left to register for this Ladder/Online Tournament! Once you register, you have till August 30th to play your matches!

Sign up for the Soul Calibur V Ladder Powered by PlayStation for a chance to win $1,500 (First Place.) Major League Gaming Inc. (“Major League Gaming” or “MLG”), which also encompasses “GameBattles”, will conduct this Soul Calibur V Online Tournament Presented By PlayStation® (the “Tournament”) in accordance with these official rules (the “Official Rules”), unless otherwise indicated.

By participating in a Tournament, each participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Participation requires a PlayStation® 3 console, PlayStation® Network account, a valid MLG user account and a copy of the Soul Calibur V video game for PlayStation® 3.

SCVTourney.png

• Registration is open from July 27th - August 29th
  • Ladder play is from August 2nd - August 30th
    • Play and win as many matches on the ladder as possible. Remember, the more people playing on the ladder, the better chances you have finding a match. The Ladder Play matches are set up by the players, and played at the time the match is set up for (by the players.)
  • Online Tournament portion of play is from August 31st - September 2nd
    • Up to 32 players will be seeded into the double elimination bracket at the end of the Ladder Play. Players will be seeded according to their rank from the Ladder Play. Remember, you must play AND win at least one match in order to be ranked and eligible for the Online Tournament portion
  • Prizes:
    • The 1st prize winner shall receive: $1,500
    • The 2nd prize winner shall receive: $750
    • The 3rd prize winner shall receive: $500
    • The 4th prize winner shall receive: $250
Get full info and official rules
Online Ladder Standings

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, register for the ladder and start playing for a chance at the $3,000 prize pool!

I'm having the worst experiences ever with this tournament. First match ran into underwater 2 bar online connection Kinetic first go. It was so bad I picked Nightmare 4 games out of the 5. Then I finally found another ticket with SonicFox who set up his time and all but never showed. Now I finally found another ticket with Enkindu who set up his time and all but again he doesn't show. Serious waste of time despite the great opportunity by MLG. Hopefully I can make top 32 with a 0-1 record because I'm done.

Sooooooo... this tournament is expected to be played with 1-2-3-bars connection?????... I read something within the rules concerning players disconnecting during the match but I assumed it was actually using the -START- menu option to quit.

I'm having the worst experiences ever with this tournament. First match ran into underwater 2 bar online connection Kinetic first go. It was so bad I picked Nightmare 4 games out of the 5. Then I finally found another ticket with SonicFox who set up his time and all but never showed. Now I finally found another ticket with Enkindu who set up his time and all but again he doesn't show. Serious waste of time despite the great opportunity by MLG. Hopefully I can make top 32 with a 0-1 record because I'm done.

Honestly, I was very disappointed with my own experience from the last one they ran. Not only did I run into those problems, but when I tried to get them resolved, I actually was PUNISHED for my actions. That site is unmitigated chaos, and it feels like you're reading some sort of legal document when you're just trying to figure out the rules.

Free or not, I've learned my lesson; never again.

Honestly, I was very disappointed with my own experience from the last one they ran. Not only did I run into those problems, but when I tried to get them resolved, I actually was PUNISHED for my actions. That site is unmitigated chaos, and it feels like you're reading some sort of legal document when you're just trying to figure out the rules.

Free or not, I've learned my lesson; never again.
If you ever have any questions your Gamebattles, your match, the rules, etc, (for this online tournament) do not hesitate to send me a PM on here. I'll be glad to tell you what you need to do, and explain the rules to you.

I appreciate it, but really, the fact that that should ever be necessary is kind of my point. That you're willing to help is a great sign and reflects well on you, but the way in which the site is structured (which include the support system/matchmaking/etc.) is just not for me.

Only a few more days left to register for this Ladder/Online Tournament! Once you register, you have till August 30th to play your matches!

Sign up for the Soul Calibur V Ladder Powered by PlayStation for a chance to win $1,500 (First Place.) Major League Gaming Inc. (“Major League Gaming” or “MLG”), which also encompasses “GameBattles”, will conduct this Soul Calibur V Online Tournament Presented By PlayStation® (the “Tournament”) in accordance with these official rules (the “Official Rules”), unless otherwise indicated.

By participating in a Tournament, each participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Participation requires a PlayStation® 3 console, PlayStation® Network account, a valid MLG user account and a copy of the Soul Calibur V video game for PlayStation® 3.

• Registration is open from July 27th - August 29th
  • Ladder play is from August 2nd - August 30th
    • Play and win as many matches on the ladder as possible. Remember, the more people playing on the ladder, the better chances you have finding a match. The Ladder Play matches are set up by the players, and played at the time the match is set up for (by the players.)
  • Online Tournament portion of play is from August 31st - September 2nd
    • Up to 32 players will be seeded into the double elimination bracket at the end of the Ladder Play. Players will be seeded according to their rank from the Ladder Play. Remember, you must play AND win at least one match in order to be ranked and eligible for the Online Tournament portion
  • Prizes:
    • The 1st prize winner shall receive: $1,500
    • The 2nd prize winner shall receive: $750
    • The 3rd prize winner shall receive: $500
    • The 4th prize winner shall receive: $250
Get full info and official rules

Online Ladder Standings

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, register for the ladder and start playing for a chance at the $3,000 prize pool!

why does it keep prompting me to create a team? when i've already done that!? i cant join till i get this right

Only a few more days left to register for this Ladder/Online Tournament! Once you register, you have till August 30th to play your matches! At the end of the ladder, the players (# to be determined after the ladder is over) will play in an Online Tournament to fight it out for a share of the prize!

Is there any quick way to find matches?
This tournament doesn't seem to have as big of a turnout as the last one, so using the quick/random match probably won't work as well...

You'll probably have to contact teams individually and set up challenges through the website so that you can schedule matches. (Like taking up Mr. LP here on his offer, send his team a challenge on the MLG website, he accepts, y'all play and enter the results like normal).

Today is the last play to play your ladder matches to either make the Online Tournament, or boost your seeding if you are already ranked. Remember, the OLT portion will only be 32 players.

Live streams

5 Viewers
Deyzuna_
Deyzuna_
Hey! Some Soulcal til PoE Necropolis League :D
1 Viewers
kazumi_takeuchi_
kazumi_takeuchi_
I wanna friend for Steam [friend code: 796175443] -- I'm a newbie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members