MLG SCV Online Tournament - Presented by PlayStation

Only a few more days left to register for this Ladder/Online Tournament! Once you register, you have till August 30th to play your matches!

Sign up for the Soul Calibur V Ladder Powered by PlayStation for a chance to win $1,500 (First Place.) Major League Gaming Inc. (“Major League Gaming” or “MLG”), which also encompasses “GameBattles”, will conduct this Soul Calibur V Online Tournament Presented By PlayStation® (the “Tournament”) in accordance with these official rules (the “Official Rules”), unless otherwise indicated.

By participating in a Tournament, each participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Participation requires a PlayStation® 3 console, PlayStation® Network account, a valid MLG user account and a copy of the Soul Calibur V video game for PlayStation® 3.

SCVTourney.png

• Registration is open from July 27th - August 29th
  • Ladder play is from August 2nd - August 30th
    • Play and win as many matches on the ladder as possible. Remember, the more people playing on the ladder, the better chances you have finding a match. The Ladder Play matches are set up by the players, and played at the time the match is set up for (by the players.)
  • Online Tournament portion of play is from August 31st - September 2nd
    • Up to 32 players will be seeded into the double elimination bracket at the end of the Ladder Play. Players will be seeded according to their rank from the Ladder Play. Remember, you must play AND win at least one match in order to be ranked and eligible for the Online Tournament portion
  • Prizes:
    • The 1st prize winner shall receive: $1,500
    • The 2nd prize winner shall receive: $750
    • The 3rd prize winner shall receive: $500
    • The 4th prize winner shall receive: $250
Get full info and official rules
Online Ladder Standings

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, register for the ladder and start playing for a chance at the $3,000 prize pool!

Man, they messed up. I've been talking to DTM for the last 2 hours. He disputed his match as his opponent was a noshow, and they advanced the other guy instead! WTH. I hpoe they fix that. I wouldn't know who to talk to about that.

So it isn't until tomorrow? Anybody know what time they'll be at? Thanks to Sandman for being an upstanding citizen! Guess it's time for more Walking Dead! Will pay attention to the time zone next time! XP

I just sent a msg to konkins about the dtm situation. I've also been talking to dtm for the past 2 hrs and that's pretty messed up.

Not sure if it will help, but this konkins guy is the person who gave me directions in the last scv playoff deal. So yeah, try to hit him up.

Yeah, Nemesis. I messaged him too. It says he is offline though. Thanks for sending Konkins a message about this too. Since there are two people backing up this story, hopefully he reverses the decision.

Lol RTD, it's so hard to tell if you're trolling or not. I am hella stressed right now. I can see why there are only 2 matches per day.

LP, only if you split it with me. :P

Whoops I thought I'd get an update via email about this. I was forfeited it seems a long time ago. Oh well good luck to everyone. lol

MLg staff I won 3-1 to reset the bracket and then won 3-1 again, which makes me the champ.

When is my money coming?

KineticClash,

You have a point about the continuation rule in the finals.

If your logic is correct and if MLG applies the continuation rule in the finals with bracket resets, then we still have more matches to play to finish the tournament.

If that's the case, I would like to finish the tournament with you.

Other than that, no one can doubt your skill. You've made top 8 at MLG and placed at multiple competitive tournaments. When I played you, I've noticed that you've adapted really well and used what worked. That's what a champion is made of and if anyone wants to hate on that, tell them to talk to me.

It's just hard for people to accept the fact that they've been playing for years and you come out of no where and beat them. Be proud of your talent and use the ammunition from the haters to fuel your dominance in the future. If you quit, then they've won. You are stronger than that and you will keep kicking their ass in Soul Calibur for years to come.

I don't know what the future holds for Soul Calibur, but if MLG has it in Dallas, I want to see you there. And don't hold back this time because it's time to unveil your best character.

Now you will recover your 8wayrun password and like this post. Just keep in mind that as you read this site, the usual trolling will ensue because it's so fucking dead on these forums and we like drama but none of it is serious. It never is. At the end of the day, we are just a bunch of nerdy gamers.

KineticClash,

You have a point about the continuation rule in the finals.

If your logic is correct and if MLG applies the continuation rule in the finals with bracket resets, then we still have more matches to play to finish the tournament.

If that's the case, I would like to finish the tournament with you.

It's cool, really. You deserved the win. I personally don't like the rule, so I'm glad we didn't use it. Prior to the tournament, I sent in a ticket asking them how the rule worked in GF, and they didn't reply in time so I told them not to worry about it.

Other than that, no one can doubt your skill. You've made top 8 at MLG and placed at multiple competitive tournaments. When I played you, I've noticed that you've adapted really well and used what worked. That's what a champion is made of and if anyone wants to hate on that, tell them to talk to me.

It's just hard for people to accept the fact that they've been playing for years and you come out of no where and beat them. Be proud of your talent and use the ammunition from the haters to fuel your dominance in the future. If you quit, then they've won. You are stronger than that and you will keep kicking their ass in Soul Calibur for years to come.

Thanks for the kind words. But quitting really seems like the right thing to do for me at the moment. I'm a broke engineering student looking for a new job. Putting more time into SCV means my grades and financial situation suffer. Honestly, if it wasn't for all my enemies I probably would've stopped playing earlier haha. But right now I'm just fed up with all the shit talk.

I don't know what the future holds for Soul Calibur, but if MLG has it in Dallas, I want to see you there. And don't hold back this time because it's time to unveil your best character.

Now you will recover your 8wayrun password and like this post. Just keep in mind that as you read this site, the usual trolling will ensue because it's so fucking dead on these forums and we like drama but none of it is serious. It never is. At the end of the day, we are just a bunch of nerdy gamers.

First, I'm curious to know who you think my best character is... I thought it was Ivy XD. I got a new password, but I will not remember it either. 8wayrun and all it's drama is too addicting, I find myself wasting valuable hours on this site.

I've met some really great people going to some of the tournaments. But it seems like you really have to kiss ass to become fully accepted. Clearly I'm not good at that haha. Lots of players say that the best part about tournaments is that you get to hang out with other players. I don't really feel that since I constantly feel like people think I have something to prove. Maybe you'll see me at the next online tourney, lol.

Reactions: RTD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back