MLG SCV Online Tournament - Presented by PlayStation

Only a few more days left to register for this Ladder/Online Tournament! Once you register, you have till August 30th to play your matches!

Sign up for the Soul Calibur V Ladder Powered by PlayStation for a chance to win $1,500 (First Place.) Major League Gaming Inc. (“Major League Gaming” or “MLG”), which also encompasses “GameBattles”, will conduct this Soul Calibur V Online Tournament Presented By PlayStation® (the “Tournament”) in accordance with these official rules (the “Official Rules”), unless otherwise indicated.

By participating in a Tournament, each participant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Participation requires a PlayStation® 3 console, PlayStation® Network account, a valid MLG user account and a copy of the Soul Calibur V video game for PlayStation® 3.

SCVTourney.png

• Registration is open from July 27th - August 29th
  • Ladder play is from August 2nd - August 30th
    • Play and win as many matches on the ladder as possible. Remember, the more people playing on the ladder, the better chances you have finding a match. The Ladder Play matches are set up by the players, and played at the time the match is set up for (by the players.)
  • Online Tournament portion of play is from August 31st - September 2nd
    • Up to 32 players will be seeded into the double elimination bracket at the end of the Ladder Play. Players will be seeded according to their rank from the Ladder Play. Remember, you must play AND win at least one match in order to be ranked and eligible for the Online Tournament portion
  • Prizes:
    • The 1st prize winner shall receive: $1,500
    • The 2nd prize winner shall receive: $750
    • The 3rd prize winner shall receive: $500
    • The 4th prize winner shall receive: $250
Get full info and official rules
Online Ladder Standings

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Otherwise, register for the ladder and start playing for a chance at the $3,000 prize pool!

I'm down for matches/challenges hard for me to be on at a specific time so it'd be easier if I plan matches out.

I'm down for matches/challenges hard for me to be on at a specific time so it'd be easier if I plan matches out.
That's exactly how the Ladder Play works (you post up a match for a time you can play, and somebody will accept, or vice versa.)

The tournament part of the competition will have matches at specific times.

Yo can we just schedule matches play them out then post the challenge on mlg and post the results immediately after? It would seem much easier for some us on 8way to do that.

For ladder play, you need to post the challenge on Match Finder, a player needs to accept the challenge, then play the match at the decided time, and then report the results on the match page.

Hail to mlg, for designing a really really difficult website that is very hard to use.
If you are having problems with the website, I'll be glad to walk you through it. Just hit me up in a PM, and we can skype. But in short, you "Join the Tournament", then go to "Match Finder" and either create a match or select a match. Once you have a match, you play, then go to your team page (where you can get to the match) and report the scores.

Be sure to save the games... In case an disputes occur :P I quit gamebattles because of this but for another game.

having problems with the MLG site. Can't log in with the ID and password I'm pretty sure of, when I try to get my password sent to my email the site claims no user has my email, and when I try to make a new one they say my email is already in use by another user.

Somethings not adding up.

And all the people on xbox pretended not to be disappointed...

I'm not pretending :/

Lol, but it's still a cool event and I'm glad for it because it will boost attention in SCV again, at least for a while.

Good luck to all the participants.

Live streams

8 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Yes, Sir. The arena is lit. I'm about to give the world these hands. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.
5 Viewers
technokittyxo
technokittyxo
18+ Playing soul calibur (RIP HANDCAM)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back