MLG Winter Championships SCV Results

Oh yeah, shoutouts and stuff. This was probably my favorite tournament experience ever (to include...the actual tournament, which should be a template for how tournaments are ran, resources in mind). As many of you already know I do not like SC5 at all (well, except for Viola...and we'll see how things work out with the backdash nerf), and, really, the only reason I'm traveling to these tournaments now is to help support the other Chicago players going to chill with some of you peoples. For that alone, this tournament was worth it. You're all amazing people in your own ways, don't forget. =)

Still, I will address the whole commentary portrayal of me with the following: in what world does it even make sense that I am proclaiming how great I am...and SU is being a vanguard for the community? Just think about that one second. Also didn't know I came from playing online but wuteva; live a little and learn a little, I guess...

See you peeps soon, hopefully.

Oh yeah, shoutouts and stuff. This was probably my favorite tournament experience ever (to include...the actual tournament, which should be a template for how tournaments are ran, resources in mind). As many of you already know I do not like SC5 at all (well, except for Viola...and we'll see how things work out with the backdash nerf), and, really, the only reason I'm traveling to these tournaments now is to help support the other Chicago players going to chill with some of you peoples. For that alone, this tournament was worth it. You're all amazing people in your own ways, don't forget. =)

Still, I will address the whole commentary portrayal of me with the following: in what world does it even make sense that I am proclaiming how great I am...and SU is being a vanguard for the community? Just think about that one second. Also didn't know I came from playing online but wuteva; live a little and learn a little, I guess...

You shut it! You will be at every major and you will win jabroni! That is what you have inferred over the 2 years I have known you and I am still waiting. We can not afford to lose LP or the Chicago crew. Don't make me come out there. I know where you live...

Playing the game without enjoying it makes everything become tedious work. Still haven't played much with the patch though so we'll see.

Did SU say you came from online? If I remember correctly, he did as well.

Fuck MLG and fuck their judges. 5-1 in a double elimination bracket. Post-tourney floor moping of Keev and Ryujin just infuriates me further.

My opponent broke the rules, I called for a judge, the judge (not knowing the rules himself) said he was within the rules. Later, head judge said I was correct, my opponent did NOT follow the rules, but would not allow me to replay the match. Instead, they sanctioned me, made an announcement about the rules, and continued on without changing my score. Had I been allowed to continue I would have been top 8. I would have likely lost to hawkeye (but given tournament experience, who knows), never met Woahz in the bracket, and still had another loss to determine my actual placement.

Esom won his first set. His opponent then went to pick a specific stage.

Esom called him out on it. The judge said tha the's allowed to select a specific stage after he loses a set.

The official rules state that BOTH PLAYERS have to agree on specific stage select. Otherwise, his opponent can choose to random select a new stage. In this case, Esom didn't agree for his opponent to select a specific stage, and thus created that fiasco. Not allowing Esom to advance was shitty

Esom: I reminded someone about that through PMs. That was pretty unfair and I hope they do something for ya to make up for that BS.

What I was infuriated with was Rekki being DQ'd while being 20 feet away from the podium. I'm over it now since I sent some messages that I hope MLG will be able to see. Hopefully if they bring SCV, it'll be ran even better.

Loser picks stage was the rule until it was changed before the event on their site, so MLG dropped the ball on that one.

I got a match DQ too against some random scrub... his name was like RubbishBond or somethin like that. But that wasn't MLG's fault as much...

I was more disappointed with the hype in all the matches on stream etc for SC5 vs the hype for StarCrapII.

MLG PROS

- GDLK Setups (15-20?)
- GDLK Pot (See First Post)
- WLAN OFF (meaning Pads on Only when USBd in)
- Next Match Display at info Desk

MLG CONS

- ZERO Seeding (Not by Region, not by Placement)
- DQs (MIAs, PPL watching Big Screen, PPL Waiting on Stick, Who the Fuck)
- Many TVs on 1080P (Lag that feels like online)
- Weak Sound From Monitors (Now I cant JG
-Gaps between stream Matches (Match, Commercial, Interview, Commercial, Commentate, Commercial, Interview Commercial, Next Match 45mins later....)

As you can see there was alot to like and not like about this event. HOWEVER, we must put that aside and be happy that MLG had us there, with a Giant Pot and Setups, and with an Amazing Production Value (the BIC Challenge was a Great Touch Post Tourney).

All they need to do is collaborate a little more with the community on how we do things, and everything will be Top Notch. On to the Next One...

Dude, that was the first thing I noticed, thought how Brilliant it was, and said why the heck haven't we been on this from Day 1.

Speaking of Day 1 I met Day 9, haha when me at ENkindu "Budded" the 200 Person Line to Meet him and get his AutoGraph. I got to Shake his hand. The people waiting in Line started doing the Wave and Shit. Good Times.

Oh, shoutouts to Madison crew too: Jimmy, MysticBill, and Ora. I wanted to hang out with you guys more!

Hey LP! Just a quick question.

Would you say you don't like SC5 or you just don't like aPat? I'm merely curious to what your answer will be, as I would like to see what you like/dislike about the SC5 system and/or aPat(though aPat dislikes might be obvious to me :P) I think I'm going to main aPat for a couple of months

Hey LP! Just a quick question.

Would you say you don't like SC5 or you just don't like aPat? I'm merely curious to what your answer will be, as I would like to see what you like/dislike about the SC5 system and/or aPat(though aPat dislikes might be obvious to me :P) I think I'm going to main aPat for a couple of months

No, I actualy like the character designs for the most part. Although I think some of aPat's pokes need to be reworked, he's okay for the most part; I mostly don't like his pokes and that he's not female. There are quite a few things I don't like but, going in line with that question, I do like that aPat has very specific answers to many things; I don't like how many attacks in the game are some combination of safe/mid/horizontal/TCing/high damaging/long ranged. Not only does it make the game boring to play in the current system but it becomes boring to watch because those attacks start to overshadow the rest of a character's movelist.

Back