Mob Boss CAS (2nd Attempt at a suit)

100Percent

[09] Warrior
Alright, I made a Mafia Boss. Really, it was me practicing a suited character. VERY open to suggestions. This is my 2nd attempt, only one worth showing.

bi9pr.png

Soul of Maxi.

67OTo.png

Hats definitely not perfect, added the pattern to avoid the hat looking too straw like.

2DaN9.png

The vest is actually a spy robe + belt + leather pants. May add circles for buttons.

WhhZM.png

The thing that irks me the most is that the sleeves are a different shade of black (which of course isn't very noticeable at all at a distance), overall I think it turned out okay for my 2nd try.

I like it. :]​
I think the armlets and the clipping at the belt throw it off, though.​
And the pattern on the hat is very suit-like, maybe you could try applying that to the rest of the outfit.​

I like it. :]​
I think the armlets and the clipping at the belt throw it off, though.​
And the pattern on the hat is very suit-like, maybe you could try applying that to the rest of the outfit.​
Agreed. A full pinstripe suit would look sharp!

I tried to do something like this when I first made my Jackie Estacado, but he wears a trench coat over his suit. Maybe try using that item instead of the leather vest, and see how you like it? Sadly, the leather sheen makes the vest stand out quite a bit. But perhaps pinstripes would help mask it.

Also, why not use slacks instead of leather pants? And black shoes.

Thanks everyone.

I think the armlets and the clipping at the belt throw it off, though.
I agree, the armlets were suppose to be like the sleeve ends of a jacket. I guess I need a better idea.
And the pattern on the hat is very suit-like, maybe you could try applying that to the rest of the outfit.
I wanted to, but it doesn't look to good on the leather vest, also, the black sleeves are just black squares on the white undershirt. Can't pattern stickers... :(
Looks slick. Pocky Yoshi might wanna get a suit too haha.

Le Bello was toying around with a suit. I may just steal yours. Very sharp work
Much appreciated. And go for it!
Maybe try using that item instead of the leather vest, and see how you like it?
I was thinking of using the trench coat but it looked a little too long for me. Decided I really wanted to make the suit from scratch.

I may have to update this thread once I apply those suggestions..

the black sleeves are just black squares on the white undershirt. Can't pattern stickers... :(
Try reversing your technique: sticker the body, while leaving the sleeves alone. You can cover all that's visible with 2 stickers. I did that with my Hobo:
Shotgun_Hobo3.png

Bloody_Hobo3.png

It's CaS like this that makes me wish there were a proper suit jacket/blazer-type part.

Very good work, overall. Have you considered the Warrior's Vest in place of the Leather Vest? If you give it a solid color/pattern, with the sleeves of whatever's underneath, it goes a long way towards approximating a suit jacket (examples: http://i.imgur.com/Yl8Xb.png , http://8wayrun.com/attachments/soulcalibur-Ⅴ_17-png.14683/). You might also want to try playing with stickers on the cotton shirt for a closed jacket.

UPDATE

Got it all fixed up now. Major improvements.

seztp.png

xQ6qY.png

I'm pretty sure I followed most of your advices, so I'd like to personally thank you all for helping me with a suit I can really be proud of. Seriously, if it doesn't look good enough on the screenshots, hit me up on PSN for a fight. It gave me chills when it all came together.

uSxFX.png

Props to LordDraco for the final piece of the puzzle. I'll be using this tactic on later my later CaS. This also got rid of the variations of black that irritated me.

Classy as fuck. I'd still subdue the pinstripes a little, though. Thinner and greyer. If you still have room for special equipment, give him a gun. What kind of gangster doesn't have his gun? A dead one, that's what kind.

Back