Mortal Kombat (2011)

Looks incredibley terrible

Why you say that?
They are finally listening to there fans and going back to the roots...fast, violent, 2d fighting with all of the favorite characters and some new ones (i think).

They are even going to revamp the whole story, so its like the series is basically starting over....which is exactly what they need. Tag fighting, old school lookin combos, new x ray attax, great backgrounds, an actual gritty and dark feel, multiple fatalities, a reworkable online server so that they are able to fix up bugs as they see them....this is shaping up to be the revival of MK...

I just hope itll be tourny competitive

Why you say that?
They are finally listening to there fans and going back to the roots...fast, violent, 2d fighting with all of the favorite characters and some new ones (i think).

Because it's still Mortal Kombat.
How dare you highlight my subliminal messaging.

Suphy, Trust me. there is absolutely no changing Dizzy's mind. Now, me on the other hand....

I like MK as a kid, too bad the series didn't grow up with the rest of the world. Not gonna lie, the Tag Mode looks hot.

edit: In before Dizzy says "Hot Garbage" lol.

Seems Dizzynecro is one of those frustrated fighting purists which can't enjoy a game/fighter for what it is. Sure the older MK's were slow and clunky compared to SSF2 or KoF, and the 3D ones were atrocious in comparison with Tekken or SC but they are still fun to play. Now I'm hyped about MK9 but I don't expect it to beat GG or even SSF4 in terms of animation and fluidity or depth but it will still be a great fighter and with the system they implemented to balance everyone while the game is released I expect it to be tourny worthy, unlike another game company I know and it's game cough*Namco*cough.

Lol lets keep talking about me like I'm not here.
Maybe this Dizzynecro guy just had a troubled childhood.

hot garbage

Anyway, I'm a pretty reasonable person. I have hated every MK so far that I have played, but I will still give this a shot if I get a chance. Certainly not thowing down 60$ to try it though.

I loved MK1 when it came out, Now my son likes it almost as much as he does SC4.

Ive caught him more than once practicing fatalities in the middle of the night, when hes supposed to be sleeping!! I gotta say the game doesnt look totally horrible. Looks way better than that awful MK vs DC crap! Ima have to get it for my son, I guess Ill goof around with it to! looks pretty fun!!

Im totally getting that HD collection though. Those were the games I spent prolly hundreds of quarters on in the arcade! Those were the fun ones!!

HRD

its prob another 'mortal monday'

old school mortal kombat games were released to console on mondays, hopefully this is the MKHD Collection

The collection comes out next month.
The dates already confirmed.
The countdown is most likely for a trailer. Trailer for Collection or more MK9 character reveals (Cause those are so shocking -_-)

So who are people considering as potential mains? I'm thinking about going one of the chars I used to love, which right now leaves me with a choice between Kung-Lao, Cyrax, Baraka or, my original main, Sub-Zero. After 10 or 15 years, though, sub zero doesn't have the same appeal he had to me as a kid, heh.

Back