Mortal Kombat X

It is, they already showed D'vorah without her cloak and hood so it's either an alternate or maybe it gets knocked off/messed up if they get hit too hard like in SCV.

Since this is next generation in storyline.....

Right off the bat Mileena will be in this game if the Edenian years applies to her as well, and something tells me that Sub-Zero will go by a different character.

But from what I'm seeing, I'm actually very pleased with the character designs so far. Very well put out. Even Ermac's is a brilliant design. Looking forward to seeing more during these following months.

please have good netcode, injustice and MK9 were ass online. aside from that, i'm pleasantly surprised how many new characters they've shown off. i'm really liking D'vorah and ferra/torr. not sure how ferra/torr play but i'm sorta hoping for a carl/relius clover kinda vibe from blazblu.

Hhhmmm....

subzero-mkx-variation3.jpg

subzero-mkx-variation2.jpg

subzero-mkx-variation.jpg

Pre-MK9 3D Mortal Kombat games were dumb and broken. No surprises here.
All MK games after MKDA and before MK9 were rushed because the higher ups at Midway demanded that a game be released every year to cash-in on the franchise. It didn't end well...

During that time, Mortal Kombat felt like the Call of Duty of fighting games...

1 frame teleport es 2 op.

Teleport variation is gonna interesting since mk9 version was mainly used for defense.

Is this welcome here?

Wow I thought there was a 3 pop up move limit. But I guess its a stage weapon.

And yes. MK4 to MKVsDCU were mostly bad. Even though I enjoyed the hell out of MK Vs DCU. I wouldn't recommend MK:DA, Deception at all. I would kinda recommend the Wii version of Armageddon. How ever, Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks was THE SHIT. Still one of my favourite roaming beat em ups. Still pining for a sequel or a HD remake.

Surprised at Kano's inclusion. I like Kano but its like Maxi returning. Wait...

Hoping for Kitana. And Sheeva. A man can dream.

Wow I thought there was a 3 pop up move limit. But I guess its a stage weapon.

And yes. MK4 to MKVsDCU were mostly bad. Even though I enjoyed the hell out of MK Vs DCU. I wouldn't recommend MK:DA, Deception at all. I would kinda recommend the Wii version of Armageddon. How ever, Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks was THE SHIT. Still one of my favourite roaming beat em ups. Still pining for a sequel or a HD remake.

Surprised at Kano's inclusion. I like Kano but its like Maxi returning. Wait...

Hoping for Kitana. And Sheeva. A man can dream.

MKA's Kreate-A-Fatality had some flaws...

But this was the Midway years and they fucked up. They rushed out everything. Hence the Kreate a Fatality.

I can't think of a more apt metaphor. If that is the right word. Midway were so screwed that not even Superman could save it.

And now:

Hello Baby, ya missed me?

I've played the demo of MKX at Fan Expo here in Toronto. I'm suitably impressed. It's more lenient on inputs than Injustice, but feels faster than MK9 and shares Injustice's special inputs.

Sub-Zero feels very similar to MK9, and his styles mostly play off expansions of his 9 moveset.

Scorpion feels closer to his Injustice iteration, although his spear works like the MK version. That said, without a projectile clash system like SF, his Hellfire fireballs are kinda bad.

Cassie Cage seems to have been developed as "Sonya's normals + Johnny and Stryker's specials and X-ray". Not that that's bad.

I really like Kotal Khan, although I couldn't get a lot of time to screw around with his moves. He's got really long range on his normals.

Goro confirmed for preorder DLC

goro-mkx-preorder.jpg

I know at this point I should be used to it, but still, anytime a game company does this I feel like fataliting someone >:(

Last edited:
Back