Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

brucege

[14] Master
Wow. You guys rocked the shit out of this challenge. Just about everybody got votes this time. But the Zasalamel challenge goes to @Onyyx. Congrats! You may now choose the next challenge.

If you need help figuring out the next challenge, just PM me. But if you do have some idea of what you like, try to get a topic that balances specificity and flexibility.

Onyyx

[13] Hero
Thank you all for your support, and congrats to everyone on their fantastic entries! Hopefully this contest will attract as much talent and imagination as the last!

Triumph of Fygul Cestemus
kunpaetku.jpg

Oh no! The dark order Fygul Cestemus has succeeded in capturing the cursed sword Soul Edge, and with it have converted the entire cast of Soulcalibur to lizardmen and golems!

The challenge here is to try and recreate any Soulcalibur character from any of the games as a lizardman, or a golem similar to Astaroth or Ashelotte. Anyone is game, and you have free reign to take some creative liberty with your work, the task here is to echo a character's design enough for them to be recognisable with a potentially monstrous body!

This challenge was inspired by thinking how to recreate Zasalamel from a different culture, but still have him be the dark side of karma we all know and love. Norik's Zasalizardman entry was a big help for coming up with this challenge, too! Hopefully it's not too specific or too flexible an idea, if there are any problems with it I hope @brucege will be able to sort them out. Best of luck to everyone!

NeclordX

[13] Hero
So we are going "zombieverse" I like that.

Golem Gr0th (just in case he wasn't edgy enough already)

Lizardtia. The idea is that instead just popping out as a lizardman is a gradual transformation and therefore there are still human skin shed as the lizard self burst from the inside

Norik

[14] Master
The use of the ripped bodysuit to simulate scales under a layer of skin peeling off is very clever!

Onyyx

[13] Hero
Whoops, this took me longer to do than I expected, especially considering it was my idea. I'm loving the entries so far though, I hope to see even more before the deadline hits!

Astaroth wins!

max.jpg

If Maxi is strong enough to defeat Astaroth, he'd make a really useful golem to have around the shrine. Too bad they didn't even clean his own blood off his pants after Astaroth actually defeated him and brought him to Kunpaektu for conversion.

What a Nightmare!

the lizzler.jpg

To keep the power of Soul Edge under control, Ares had Kunpaektu alter its current host, the Azure Knight. The process gave him a new body, but already the malfestation is starting to show again, his trademark arm in something of a larval form at this point. This is also how I learned that not being able to put stickers on a lizardman character can absolutely cripple some design potential.

Ardent

[08] Mercenary
Oh shit, the entries on this one look even better than the Zas contest, I'm gonna have a hard time voting for sure! :)
By the way, yes I know I'm late but gotta say, @Fatal_Exodus's young Zas was...yikes, I was awed when I saw it, it looked SO great, loved it!!
Sucks that I wasn't able to vote but ,great work as always friend! :D

Fliptop

[12] Conqueror
Actually made the deadline! These threads are great, they get the wheels turning and this was a really rich, interesting theme. The designs have been very creative!

These were modified from a malfested trio I made earlier:

Oni Mitsurugi

Onimitsu Critical small.png
Onimitsu-collage-3.png

Behemoth Zasalamel

Zasamoth critical small.png

Zasamoth-Collage.png

Ivy Striga

IvyStriga critical small.png

IvyStriga-Collage.png

Fliptop

[12] Conqueror
@SpellcraftQuill Cheers, you could very well be right lol. To be honest the nuance between the two is maybe a little lost on me. I know Asta's a big zombie and Nightmare's something...else. I just never saw the distinction as being that big. I saw "creative liberties" and "monstrous body" and thought, "well I know that much" and had the 3 malfested ready to be tweaked. If they're deemed too far removed from the theme, I'll remove them and maybe reup them if there's time. This wouldn't be the first time that's happened either, so it's really no big deal.

Thanks again for the kind words!

SpellcraftQuill

[14] Master
I just wish the weapons could use more textures on the blades if only to use that leathery or crystalline one for Edge and Calibur respectively.

And I still don’t get why Cervantes didn’t get a mutated arm. Or why NM is blue when he was red as Siegfried!.