Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

My vote's definitely for @ThePascuzzi
I've always struggled with trying to make Indian clothing in Soulcalibur and he absolutely killed it with Jayanti. The colors work together so nicely and the Chiton/Pencil Skirt combination is practically seamless thanks to some expert sticker work. Very well done!

It was a tough call and honestly it came down to quite a few contenders (honorable mentions to: WindupSkeleton's Arturo, Vilarcane's Araven, Alexandra's Samira, and NecrolordX's Nameless) but my vote definitely has to go to

Jayanti by ThePascuzzi - I really like the fact that out of all the characters submitted the first and only one (currently) to actually take place around the area that the game starts is Jayanti. The vibrant colors and cuteness of the design and character are excellent but what really impressed me was the detail in making her a Kalaripayattu practitioner and then making it work in the design so well with some creative uses of CaS parts/stickers and the weapon choice. Jayanti definitely has my vote.

*TRUMPET FANFARE* Hear ye hear ye, beloved citizens of 8WR! The winner of our first One-Shot Contest is @ThePascuzzi with his stunning Jayanti! You all put up a good fight with your new CaS tech, cool color combos, and clever designs. If you'd like more ideas on how to improve your CaS game, you can send your characters to the review thread here.

Congratulations, Pas! You may now pick the topic of our next contest.
*If you're preoccupied at the moment, just let me know, and I'll figure something out.

Thank you; it's an honor! Alright, now for the next topic.

So, we're all pretty skilled when it comes to humanoid CaS, that is, CaS with the general shape of a human: two feet, two arms, and a head. But, how far can the CaS editor and the game proper be pushed in the creation of non-humanoid forms? For example, the video below has been making its rounds on the internet during the past week or so.

With the above in mind, the prompt for this round is: design a CaS that transforms into a non-humanoid form using one of the movesets' stances or any other move (e.g. Voldo's Mantis Crawl, Yoshimitsu's Dragonfly/Helicopter, Xianghua's Crybaby, etc.).

Be sure to post pictures of your CaS both out stance/move and during the stance/move. If you can get video of them transitioning in and out, even better. If the CaS makes sense both when transformed and untransformed, that would be even more impressive.

All other mechanics for this round are the same as with the previous round. Good luck!

I give you Damon, the spit fire dragon

Z5kLG4h.jpg

ROAR
c5fsshv.jpg

t0pGDa2.jpg

7wbLvDA.jpg

I hope I got the idea correctly

So, we're all pretty skilled when it comes to humanoid CaS, that is, CaS with the general shape of a human: two feet, two arms, and a head. But, how far can the CaS editor and the game proper be pushed in the creation of non-humanoid forms?

With the above in mind, the prompt for this round is: design a CaS that transforms into a non-humanoid form using one of the movesets' stances or any other move (e.g. Voldo's Mantis Crawl, Yoshimitsu's Dragonfly/Helicopter, Xianghua's Crybaby, etc.).

The Sphinx :D

1541696746018.png

Awesome posts from Neclord and Gatsu. I'm drawing a serious blank for this challenge though. Do you guys have anything in the works? I'm thinking of starting votes on Sunday 11:59PM EST. So we can we can get an challenge that more people can contribute to.

If no one else makes an entry I think we can all agree there isn¡t even point in voting. I mean, look at that Sphinx, is a freacking Transformer, is perfect! There is no doubt Gatsu won this, by far...far far XD Unless someone else pulls a miracle, or at the very least wants to try, we can give him the win and move into next challenge.

Yeah that Sphinx is just about impossible to top, as cool as the Spitfire Dragon is. Voting ends tomorrow, Tuesday at 11:59.

This challenge was really hard
Don't want to take anything from the Dragon, but as it has already been said, the freaking Sphinx man...

Vote goes to Sphinx, that CaS is out of this world, no doubt about it. Gatsu's here to show us that there's no such thing as limitations, fantastic work!! I also applause @NeclordX for his dragon, yours is an amazing one too, friend! :D

You know what? I'm so excited for our next challenge, that I'm gonna close voting NOW. Congrats to @Gatsu for winning the contest with his reality-bending Sphinx. You may now pick the topic for our next challenge!

---------------------------- NEW CHALLENGE! -------------------------------------

Ok i will make it simple.

CREATE A NEW WEAPON STYLE, and make it fit on a character designed that fit SC world.

Points to win:
- New weapon style, and make it feel legit, both as functionality and to fit with the character
- Character designed to look a SC char
- Presented saying wich style/weapon he got and from wich nation or culture he come

Bonus point:
- Be original pls. Hand with claws attached, a turtle shield and stuff like that is everybody's first idea... don't follow first idea lol

If needed, an example here:
- Renassaince Italy
- Rapier & Dagger duelist
- Designed to fit SC style

1541700587761-png.54336

The char will be part of the entry and should be considered when voting, but voters must focus first on the new weapon style... so i suggest use all three 3d items on it, if necessary.

Good luck!

Back