Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

My Zasalady is relatively similar to the actual Zasalamel, however I gave her overall look a markedly more North African/Mediterranean vibe rather than the vaguely-Arab-token-mystical-brown-person design they've got going for boy Zas. I'd imagine this incarnation of Zasalamel existing after the fall of the Roman Empire in 476 when their grip on North Africa was all but gone.

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181205142034.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181205141959.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181205141949.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181205142353.jpg
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181205142208.jpg

@NeclordX do you use the very last face paint (half black and half white) and set it to a skin tone or any of the other full-face makeups? I found stickers to change skin tone can be a bit tricky, especially with the face.

@Alexandra Great choice with the turban. I’d change the beads since they’re a bit too Asian and clash with the rest of the design.

@NeclordX do you use the very last face paint (half black and half white) and set it to a skin tone or any of the other full-face makeups? I found stickers to change skin tone can be a bit tricky, especially with the face.
I use other of the full face makeups, really doesn't matter wich as long as it covers the face, every time I did this sort of skin tone change I used one different. Then I use an sticker on the body and place it so it covers the neck and even a bit of the chin. The colors from the makeup and the stickers in the body are never 100% the same but you can match them enough to sell the illusion. Using an sticker on the face directly doesn't give good results since it eliminates the shades (lip color, eyelid shadows etc) and looks really creepy

Another example here, each one of these use a different face makeup
I improved satyr Talim a bit, now her face doesn't look as creepy as before. Although it leaves an small gap on the back of her neck, but doesn't show too much, and could be covered with some neckwear

th1Rpit.jpg

NgYd24P.jpg

Also. Sophitalim...I know is not a big thing dress her as another charácter and call it a day but...I think looks cute.

HehkLxS.jpg

lGkHER6.jpg

@Alexandra Great choice with the turban. I’d change the beads since they’re a bit too Asian and clash with the rest of the design.
I dunno. The beads actually look pretty mid east shaman to me. But yeah they also look pretty Japanese haha

Wanted to keep some continuity, giving to his incarnations some common traits, keep him ever of african ethnicity in all his lives ( but ever changed face, proportions and in a couple of lives gender) also keept the focus on "close" to each other cultures, making him african/middle-east/mediterranen based (es. ignoring far north or east, or american continent)

For same reason keept the scythe as weapon for all, to represent a continuity of Zasa identity, just as the eye does.
I thought it was fun design thinking each Zasa scythe represent one of his past lives

Wanted to give him a sequence path through pre-SC ages, here the phases:

1- Origin Unknown, once a shaman in some lost african civilization. The original necromancer who was searching a way to immortality. he was well over 100 years old and his magic mutated his body to the point he was'nt entirely human anymore
1544079960524.png

2- His first reincarnation, as an high royal guard in Atlantis
1544080516334.png

3- As a Babylonian warrior-King
1544080079719.png

4- As an Egyptian member of the court, acting as Cleopatra's closest advisor
1544080798548.png

5- As a gladiator in Rome
1544080204160.png

6- Zasalamel as we know him, his last incarnation
1544081342710.png

Here's my entry: the original young and naive Zasalamel, one of the protectors of Soul Calibur, who tried to wield the Spirit Sword and paid the price with his life. In the process of saving his own skin. he discovered the curse of immortality which now spreads through his body...

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181207132805.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181207132914.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181207132938.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181207133142.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181207133256.jpg

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181207133312.jpg

Wow. You guys rocked the shit out of this challenge. Just about everybody got votes this time. But the Zasalamel challenge goes to @Onyyx. Congrats! You may now choose the next challenge.

If you need help figuring out the next challenge, just PM me. But if you do have some idea of what you like, try to get a topic that balances specificity and flexibility.

Back