MTfighter Wins Winter Brawl 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there going to be a thread for shoutouts and general lower sodium post-tourney comments and such? I don't feel right posting my stuff here.

Sandman - I guarantee that, if I can sit down with this guy, he will become a top SC player.

I'd like to take you up on that.

copy/pasted into results thread :p.

but since it's back in leixia's SA I'll tell ya my views on her. imo you have to play her a little risky in order to compete really well. just being passive and relying on punish damage won't win ya the match, she has to be played aggressively. that and her low damage output on pokes makes her harder than normal to play, especially since when (not if :p) you make a mistake it'll probably lead to over a third of your life. but making a mistake with leixia is usually whiffing.

her auto gi's aren't the greatest, the one that I think is best doesn't work on thrusting verts (44b+k) so that hinders me from using it, and the auto gi I want to incorporate has such a small gi window it's feels useless. even more so that frustrates me with her is that her wsB and it's brave edge can get thrown out of easily, it happened many times to me and made me frustrated each time

but yea, I think she can do well if you're willing to play aggressive and risky, but be able to be patient and pick your spots to say fuck frames :p. she's perfectly able to win, just gotta be willing to do whatever it takes! something cool I just realized too, her side throw does 65 damage so, if they're refusing to duck, do like pyrrah and run up and sidestep throw :D. bwa ha ha ha

oh, and being able to ch confirm aa is the best skill you can have :p

I don't think you understand that you just tried to invalidate everyone's skill level. That is why we hate you =(
hate is a pretty strong word. especially if you hate me based off of one comment then you are pretty easily manipulated and that's not a good thing. all you had to do was answer my question earlier. someone said there weren't really any top players at the tourney. so i based my answer on that. i didn't think it'd start a flame war. when my question was answered with actual names, the person that did it, answered in a very asshole-ish way. I've been to tournies and went far out of my way to support SC5 for as long as I could. I know i'm not awesome at the game because i never had anyone to play it with. the fact that people are saying _____ can beat my ass in SC5 makes no sense to me because I never called anyone out or even came close to stating i'm a top player. Anyone who has met me knows that i'm a nice guy and if people have to resort to being an ass to me because of a neutral comment that wasn't even bagging on any player(s) then i think i have a right to be an ass back. and if they don't like it then they need to stop being a hypocrite and trying being modest for a change. I'm trusting most, if not all of us, are adults here right? then why can't we be mature?

god. now i feel like that IvyFanboy person now. the long statements.

hate is a pretty strong word. especially if you hate me based off of one comment then you are pretty easily manipulated and that's not a good thing. all you had to do was answer my question earlier. someone said there weren't really any top players at the tourney. so i based my answer on that. i didn't think it'd start a flame war. when my question was answered with actual names, the person that did it, answered in a very asshole-ish way. I've been to tournies and went far out of my way to support SC5 for as long as I could. I know i'm not awesome at the game because i never had anyone to play it with. the fact that people are saying _____ can beat my ass in SC5 makes no sense to me because I never called anyone out or even came close to stating i'm a top player. Anyone who has met me knows that i'm a nice guy and if people have to resort to being an ass to me because of a neutral comment that wasn't even bagging on any player(s) then i think i have a right to be an ass back. and if they don't like it then they need to stop being a hypocrite and trying being modest for a change. I'm trusting most, if not all of us, are adults here right? then why can't we be mature?

god. now i feel like that IvyFanboy person now. the long statements.

???????????????????

Why duplicate the paragraph?

i can't really count this because there weren't any major players there. so she basically got 1st place because the list of players weren't major competitive. now if she can win against the big guys then i'll take my hat off. but for now this is a small victory. there's a reason why Kayane dropped Leixia. against pros Leixia will be torn apart because she's predictable and weak.

mind you i'm an avid Leixia player saying this. facts are facts.

I guess you don't see how this is not a "neutral comment"

"i can't really count this because there weren't any major players there. so she basically got 1st place because the list of players weren't major competitive."
With that logic you are saying that this tournament had players who don't understand how to play the game since they aren't major competitors .

"now if she can win against the big guys then i'll take my hat off."

Again, with that logic, these players are to be taken lightly since they aren't the big guys.

"against pros Leixia will be torn apart because she's predictable and weak."
There you go again saying these players are not good enough to be considered pro. You are also saying they are ignorant to MUs and can't fight against a predictable and weak play style.

wait. did i talk about me being an amazing player? no?

then what the fuck is up with this stupid reply? keep your mouth shut because i never said I lose with Leixia or that i win with her.

your cool. and nice triple post btw. there's an edit button at the bottom left corner of your post to help you from doing so. see? it's not hard to be an ass.

wait, i talked about me being good? no. why does everyone keep assuming so? and i never wanted to downplay MTF's victory. i just wanna know shit. but we get fanboys and egotistical assholes that just rage over dumb shit. so now there's a flame war going on. i never started the fight.

look at the replies above. and btw thanks for reminding me why i don't bother with the Soul Calibur 5 related threads anymore. to think i was giving 8WR props for being a friendly community on FSD.
and for the comments that comment on me being "garbage". i don't think i even played any of you so stfu pls. I asked a legit question and I get raged at in return. and compared to Xianghua Leixia is predictable. maybe i went to far as to saying something about facts and i wouldn't have if i would have thought how many butthurt raging comments i was going to receive as a reply.
the fact is, i don't play this game anymore. I dropped it a while ago after it stopped showing up and Wednesday Night Fights. I moved on to Dead or Alive 5.
and for you people thinking that I don't think Leixia should win because she's low tier or whatever, i personally don't care about that shit.
more raging comments pls.
lol ur a fuckin clown.

copy/pasted into results thread :p.

but since it's back in leixia's SA I'll tell ya my views on her. imo you have to play her a little risky in order to compete really well. just being passive and relying on punish damage won't win ya the match, she has to be played aggressively. that and her low damage output on pokes makes her harder than normal to play, especially since when (not if :p) you make a mistake it'll probably lead to over a third of your life. but making a mistake with leixia is usually whiffing.

her auto gi's aren't the greatest, the one that I think is best doesn't work on thrusting verts (44b+k) so that hinders me from using it, and the auto gi I want to incorporate has such a small gi window it's feels useless. even more so that frustrates me with her is that her wsB and it's brave edge can get thrown out of easily, it happened many times to me and made me frustrated each time

but yea, I think she can do well if you're willing to play aggressive and risky, but be able to be patient and pick your spots to say fuck frames :p. she's perfectly able to win, just gotta be willing to do whatever it takes! something cool I just realized too, her side throw does 65 damage so, if they're refusing to duck, do like pyrrah and run up and sidestep throw :D. bwa ha ha ha

oh, and being able to ch confirm aa is the best skill you can have :p

Yes im glad one leixia player understands how to use her im sorry to say but the rest besides Mick dont know how to really use her effectively.
there are either way to passive like zero effect or spacing crazy and play her like there playing ivy or astaroth with all th eback dashing at advantage and so forth.
i really hope some of these players take tips form your playstyle, great showing hope to see you at final round.

As for the rest or most of the people posting here i just get the impression many of you don't know what your talking about.
i see many of you just here because you want to be noticed or see a heated discussion and want to stick your nose in.
this thread is just an example of the Egos i see in the community.
instead of attending tournaments and supporting the game they feel they can sit at home and have right to open there mouth and talk rubbish here.

I guess you don't see how this is not a "neutral comment"

"i can't really count this because there weren't any major players there. so she basically got 1st place because the list of players weren't major competitive."
With that logic you are saying that this tournament had players who don't understand how to play the game since they aren't major competitors .

"now if she can win against the big guys then i'll take my hat off."

Again, with that logic, these players are to be taken lightly since they aren't the big guys.

"against pros Leixia will be torn apart because she's predictable and weak."
There you go again saying these players are not good enough to be considered pro. You are also saying they are ignorant to MUs and can't fight against a predictable and weak play style.
i can see where i worded wrong. i can tell you that I didn't really mean what i said in those previous statements. i apologize. hopefully now IRM and mr. Dusk can fuck off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back