Multi Cultural Thread

brucege

[14] Master
Anybody know where these are? I've always wondered how we'd stack up against them lol.

Having a multi cultural thread would be cool to, or maybe having a wide ranging thread of different CaS from different parts of Asia. Oh yes this will be fun :3

I actually meant CaS galleries made by Japanese-speaking people. In other words, how ppl on the other side of the world do Cas. But yes, we should definitely compile our ethnic CaS (including Japan-themed CaS) into one thread.

I actually meant CaS galleries made by Japanese-speaking people. In other words, how ppl on the other side of the world do Cas. But yes, we should definitely compile our ethnic CaS (including Japan-themed CaS) into one thread.
I'm going to do that, I'm going to make a multi cultural thread :D I seriously thought you were talking about doing a Japanese themed thread lol silly me

Hey their guys! Feel free to drop off any culture themed CaS here, and also feel free to share your notes on how you created a certain feel for the culture your CaS represents. Also I guess this thread could pass as an open discussion for different cultural things that all of you guys find interesting. Anyways I'd love to see what you guys can come up with! (Or have already came up with) I know you guys have probably had a couple of multi cultural contest challenges so don't be shy to drop off old contest challenges in here as well! Also if you guys feel like taking the time to come up with some cool back stories that would be accurate to historical events within you CaS's culture that would be cool, accurate names would also be cool but of course don't feel obligated to do anything you don't want to(I know I'm way to lazy to make back stories 95% of the time).

Okay so these are two I just made in kind of a hurry, nothing special just some regular Japanese CaS that I plan on editing later in the future.

Hikaru: From Japanese "light" or "radiance".
jap cas 036.jpg

jap cas 038.jpg

jap cas 040.jpg

jap cas 042.jpg
jap cas 033.jpg

Izumi: Means "fountain, spring" in Japanese.
jap cas 016.jpg

jap cas 012.jpg

jap cas 014.jpg

jap cas 018.jpg

I'd totally rock pink/green if I weren't a dude. Chopstick girl's somewhat plain, but she's pretty nonetheless. Kinda reminds me of Mulan. Somehow throughout my entire CaS career, I haven't made a single Japanese CaS. This must be fixed. One Miko on the way.

I'd totally rock pink/green if I weren't a dude. Chopstick girl's somewhat plain, but she's pretty nonetheless. Kinda reminds me of Mulan.
Yeah she is kind of plain but I feel like I'm all washed out of ideas for more unique kimonos atm :p I'll improve her over time though.

Somehow throughout my entire CaS career, I haven't made a single Japanese CaS. This must be fixed. One Miko on the way.
Woo :D I can't wait to see your shrine maiden.

I much prefer victorian styled CaS, or anything European enough, but I guess I will try to do something Oriental oriented.

I much prefer victorian styled CaS, or anything European enough, but I guess I will try to do something Oriental oriented.
No do anything you want, what I mean by multi cultural is a CaS that is themed around a certain culture. I would love to see some Victorian stuff from you!

Merged brucege's thread and orangeislands thread together. Have fun guys.
There was no need. These threads are about two very different topics. Brucege wanted CaS made by Japanese players. Orangeislands wanted a collection of culturally themed CaS.

There was no need. These threads are about two very different topics. Brucege wanted CaS made by Japanese players. Orangeislands wanted a collection of culturally themed CaS.

Dost ye dare to challenge tyrant KokoYoshi's judgement?! Thou wilt be in trouble!

Jokes aside, where they meet in the middle is though they are different, they both want some display of a culture. brucege's wants real Japanese people to make Japanese CAS. orangeisland's is more broad of other cultures. Both threads intent are just about understanding cultures from other people's interpretation....unless I'm wrong.

Sure one could be nitpicky about this, but if peeps aren't satisfied with this choice I made, I'll unmerge them or fix it to where both could be happy. Just say the word.

Also why aren't you a CAS mod? Knowing how organized you are, you'd probably make things right while I am away.

Back