My first impressions on SoulCalibur II HD Online

Yea disappointed, just add lobbies and3-5 rounds.
And what about Team battle mode online? ._.
-my wishlist,sigh..

I swear with the way things are going with SC... I doubt if we see any good changes. I hope I'm wrong. I really do hope so.

EDIT; and I see Kalas is still rocking my leixia artwork. lol.

so far the lag has been pretty dissapointing. Some games are decent, but there's a lot of games like a 2 bar SC4 match (even with the 4 bar search criterea)

If I'm to make an off-the-cuff guess, maybe the absence of Japanese voices is due to Daisuke Gouri's Heihachi...maybe.

His estate legally owns his voice so if his estate refused to license his voice posthumously, then maybe they just abandoned the whole idea.

I'm not really sure, if I still wanna have this game...
I have never been a great fan of SC2 (some people will probably lynch me for saying that I like SC5 a lot more than SC2), but I wanted to get SC2HD to play online. But well... online doesn't really seem to be any good.

This is a very dubious port. I don't even know why I bought it (WITH REAL MONEY; Microsoft's online XBL Marketplace still hasn't been upgraded to use your wallet so I accidentally paid using my PayPal account instead of my oodles of banked currency). I heard all your complaints before I got it and I got it anyway.

First match was okay, second match was laggy, then I got a bunch of connection failed messages when trying to find another opponent, then I finally got an opponent and the game froze before the third round.

*Slow clap.*

This was so not worth the hype it got.
Only thing left to do is hope for a patch to fix this shit,it doesn't take miracles.

Please stop with the Tekken conspiracy theories LOL. They need to fix a ton of shit in Tag 2 they will never do and Tag 2 is already dead for the most part due to being "too alienating" for new players and will never be patched. Harada wants to make a profit so he keeps getting handed projects, plain and simple. At $20, this game will make profit for the minimal effort they put in.

The no lobbies thing is baffling. I assume they don't allow you to skip intros so the connection has time to buffer and resolve... too bad that doesn't work. I love that they kept all the old glitches in, I get to hear whining from a whole new generation of casualfags.

Well played Namco, well played...

I would be perfectly ok if it were just the AC/US Console glitches, but no we get the atrocious PAL version. Really Namco?

I love that they kept all the old glitches in, I get to hear whining from a whole new generation of casualfags.

Well played Namco, well played...

Who care for glitches?The netcode is terrible.It was supposed to be SC2 HD ONLINE !!!I can play sc2 offline with friends on my old ps2 console but I want to play with "competitors" like you from over the world ;)

Last edited:
Back