My post-launch Seasons predictions/wishlist

Nyte

Fu-ma's Shadow
I decided to imagine what the post-launch content may be like for Soulcalibur VI. After looking at other games doing multiple Seasons, I can see SCVI being supported this way. Tekken 7 just announced Season 2 with six characters starting with Anna, Lei and Negan from TWD (WTF?). This is part prediction, part wishlist.

On that note, I made this based on these requirements:

- One returning male
- One returning female
- At least one guest, possibly two
- At least one new male character
- At least one new female character

This is to ensure variety, as would be appealing from their point of view. I put myself in Okubo's position and imagined it this way.

Season 1
  1. 2B (Nier: Automata)
  2. Setsuka
  3. Cassandra
  4. Raphael
Season 2
  1. Hilde
  2. Yun-seong
  3. Talion (Middle-earth series)
  4. Salia Olschmidt (Siegfried's second-in-command; uses a one-handed sword)
  5. Gisele (Member of Dampierre's gang of thieves; uses daggers, weaponized playing cards and a crossbow -- replaces him as something less ridiculous and more sexy)
  6. Toki (Taki's master turned nemesis; uses a katana mixed with demonic powers)
Season 3
  1. Algol
  2. Amy
  3. Simon Belmont (Castlevania series)
  4. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter: World)
  5. New male using revamped Darth Vader style (A dark figure drawing power from Soul Edge, using a longsword combined with telekinetic abilities)
  6. New female using revamped kunai + shuriken style (Another ninja from the Fu-ma clan, one more bearable than Natsu, who has a new style based on the custom set from SCIII)
Granted, it might be too early to call for sure since we don't know the full launch roster, but I imagine the roster being mainly based on SCI with a couple of extras. Besides, they'll likely have to keep popular characters off the initial roster to make that DLC money. Won't really work if it's Rock or something. A harsh truth on that matter.

What do you think?

For the most part I like it. A few too many guests for my personal liking, but solid nonetheless. I'd be happy with this, I like to see more minor get turned into full cast members, like salia. I feel like rock deserves a place though. I don't like him, but he has his fans, who should be able to play him after all this time imo. I feel Solnhofen would be cool for the DV style. I want to see Ashlotte prost release though -_-.
Overall, solid.

Personally, there is too much guest characters. Also, do we really need another knight? We already have Siegfried, Nightmare, and Hilde. Soul Calibur already has enough visually similar characters. Instead, I would personally like a to see characters that are outside cultural perspectives of European and Sinospheric worlds. It would make the world much bigger and extend the lore into places not explored in Soul series.\

I think should be saved as Toki has potential as a boss character for the next game, with him being a demon, Toki has a lot of potential as an end boss. Also, do we need another katana character? Instead Toki should have Kusarigama.

I would want to see a Mesoamerican character with Macuahuitl, Steppe character with a Sabre/shield or mace/shield and bow, South Asian character with urumi whip sword and dhal shield. Subsaharan African character with Mambele throwing knives, and a Middle Eastern character assassin type with a Jambiya daggers.

My wishlist for SCVI, considering that the roster will have all of the original SoulCalibur roster from Dreamcast and Talim, Groh, Geralt, Zasalamel, Raphael

Season Pass - 3 classic characters plus guest
1) Setsuka
2) Tira
3) Cassandra
4) Guest

Season 2 - 3 new characters and 3 classic characters

1) Amy
2) Meso-American male character with a macuahuitl
3) Middle eastern female assassin type of character with a Jambiya daggers
4) Female African Mambele warrior with with Mambele and sickle sword
5) Li Long
6) Yun Seong

Season 3 - 2 new characters 4 classic characters

1) Hilde
2) Viola
3) Mongol warrior with a bow and sabre/shield or mace/shield
4) Sikh warrior with a Urumi whip sword and dhal shield
5) ZWEI
6) Arthur with an Odachi

Free character

1) Dampierre

Bonus: Visual representations of my new character ideas

Meso American warrior
eaglejaguarwarriors.jpg

Weapon

20151217_005738.jpg

latest

Mongol - Steppe warrior (notice the Lamellar and Brigandine armors)
Medieval Art
0003405d.jpg

Modern Art -
mongol_cavalry_elites_by_happymorningstar-d2zfb0h.jpg

Golden Horde warrior
ef1c1557324b80eec08c57ce99762952.jpg

3063922a8434e9694f85fdb712d241b8.jpg

Weapons
250px-Various_Indo-Persian_maces.jpg

23131570_580816132250223_2886002167651048811_n.jpg

South Asian warrior
BabaDeepSingh59.jpg

phula_singh3.jpg

Weapon
latest

African warrior
32d395c4fde2795122d61155e1d3158c.jpg

Weapon

Sickle sword
attachment.php

Mambele throwing knife
9fcc96e54ccc81ab6dfbab978b16d11f.png

Middle eastern assassin

be6b4a633eac3dc6aea52174648b7672.jpg

Weapon
9752001_1.jpg

Talion, Simon Belmont and a Monster Hunter character, yeah, very realistic...
Nevermind, I've noticed right now that during the IGN interview at Comic-Con they answered that we are not getting any post SoulCalibur III characters so we can say goodbye to Hilde, Algol, Dampierre, Viola and Z.W.E.I. and hello to Rock.

Last edited:
Only at launch I assume. And we all know there’s going to be DLC guest characters so no it’s not unrealistic.

Fat chance they’re selling Rock as DLC. They need to be able to profit after all.

People keep referencing the SDCC interview with a low level community manager who clearly doesn't have confidence in what he's saying as fact.

People keep referencing the SDCC interview with a low level community manager who clearly doesn't have confidence in what he's saying as fact.
Didn't Okubo himself say at the beginning that it would mainly be based on SCI with some from II and III? The exclusion of IV is rather worrisome. That said, I imagine Hilde has a good chance of making DLC.

Bunch of Alt costumes (especially for the queen of the queens :sc1ivy1:). & Setsuka.

Meso American warrior
eaglejaguarwarriors.jpg

That one is SICK, i'm totally down with this.

About Mongol character, i doubt it will ever happen because of the backstory between Mongol and Japan.

Bunch of Alt costumes (especially for the queen of the queens :sc1ivy1:). & Setsuka.

That one is SICK, i'm totally down with this.

About Mongol character, i doubt it will ever happen because of the backstory between Mongol and Japan.
There really isn't a huge back story between Japan and Mongols. America dropped two atomic bomb's, and Europeans humiliated Japan with "gunboat diplomacy" and you don't see tthem vilifying people of European descent.

The Kublai Khan invasion was miniscule at Best in history of Japan.

Fat chance they’re selling Rock as DLC. They need to be able to profit after all.
But you think Algol would make profit?

Rock - 71 votes
Algol - 59 votes

Algol is not even relevant at all in SoulCalibur VI so that can't be a good reason. He doesn't belong in the timeline and his style can't even be used for Create-a-Soul. If anything, Rock has a lot more relevance for being included in the original SoulCalibur for the Dreamcast, appearing in more SoulCalibur games, having more votes in the popularity poll, and having a weapon that is usable for character creation.

At this point it's starting to look like you have a biased hate for Rock if you think Algol is making it in lol.

But you think Algol would make profit?

Rock - 71 votes
Algol - 59 votes

Algol is not even relevant at all in SoulCalibur VI so that can't be a good reason. He doesn't belong in the timeline and his style can't even be used for Create-a-Soul. If anything, Rock has a lot more relevance for being included in the original SoulCalibur for the Dreamcast, appearing in more SoulCalibur games, having more votes in the popularity poll, and having a weapon that is usable for character creation.

At this point it's starting to look like you have a biased hate for Rock if you think Algol is making it in lol.
You're bringing up a three-year-old poll as your ultimate backing proof? Algol has gameplay potential, Rock doesn't. It's that simple.

I've mentioned it in previous threads but Rock has the greatest gameplay potential out of the entire cast currently as he's now in the prime position for a redesign. This is also admittedly the only way I can see them justifying putting Rock in the game over some of the other characters.

Also that poll people keep referencing is a lot more valid than you seem to realize considering they have decided the characters for the roster primarily based on that and the games they take place in. "Project Soul would like to hear your voice for the future of Soulcalibur." The purpose of this poll was to determine the best roster for future Soulcalibur installments, as well as a marketing tool for the series in general. It is probably because of this poll that they decided to go back and retell the first few games. So yes this is highly relevant to what the roster will look like.

Hilde if she is in the game at all will be DLC...they could very easily hold off on her though for SCVII which will retell III-IV and probably introduce some new characters to the story. I imagine after we would probably get SCVIII which will take place after IV but before V. I don't see characters from V returning for a very long time (if ever) and if they do start reappearing it will only be a few select characters or styles).

Thinking about it now, it would be pretty funny if we get something that looks like this:

Season One (SoulCalibur II Theme):
:sc2cas1::sc2yun2::sc2nec1::sc2hei2:

Season Two (Post-SoulCalibur II Theme):
:sc3set1::sc4hil1::sc5dam1:2B

Although I'm doubtful, I find it to be interesting if Necrid comes back as a "guest" DLC since Namco has partial ownership of him. I figure it might be easier to include him than other guest characters they have no rights to whatsoever.

Who knows, if we see a Switch version then we could be seeing this guy in the mix: :sc2lnk1:

Thinking about it now, it would be pretty funny if we get something that looks like this:

Season One (SoulCalibur II Theme):
:sc2cas1::sc2yun2::sc2nec1::sc2hei2:

Season Two (Post-SoulCalibur II Theme):
:sc3set1::sc4hil1::sc5dam1:2B

Although I'm doubtful, I find it to be interesting if Necrid comes back as a "guest" DLC since Namco has partial ownership of him. I figure it might be easier to include him than other guest characters they have no rights to whatsoever.

Who knows, if we see a Switch version then we could be seeing this guy in the mix: :sc2lnk1:
They can't just include Necrid when they want. The other part of the ownership goes to Todd McFarlane, and he likely wants a cut. Not worth it for a character so unpopular to begin with.

They can't just include Necrid when they want. The other part of the ownership goes to Todd McFarlane, and he likely wants a cut. Not worth it for a character so unpopular to begin with.
That's true but I would assume he would be cheaper than other guest characters since they partly own him. I'm sure negotiating for Necrid would be easier than a guest character from big companies. Then again, he wouldn't be as good of a promotional material as an actual guest character. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Necrid has a very huge gameplay potential though and could even utilize moves from previous guest characters all in one character. Personally, I think it would be cool to see his moveset be recycled to another character. Maybe Charade or a new character whose design is similar to Necrid.

Back