Namco Announces the Release Date of SC2HD

• Admin
So after the long wait, Namco-Bandai has finally announced the release date of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online! We've been wondering for months now, since the game was announced back in July; but we finally know it will be coming out on November 20... in Europe. Will the US release date match it? Who knows. This information was not announced on any press releases, or given to any news outlets; so the release date may have been released prematurely.

In addition to the release date, the full Achievement/Trophy list has been found on the Xbox Live servers and can be viewed here. Pretty basic stuff... No word on the price yet.

*UPDATE* Namco's Soulcalibur Facebook page officially confirms the release date as "Worldwide".

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
My only concern is how well is this game gonna sell being released like 2 days around the NEXT GEN consoles?? =P Won't everyone be hyped for those and buy them instead? They'll be busy playing, Killzone, Ryse, Killer Instinct, over Soul calibur....

I'm still super happy it's coming out though!! >:D
This seems to be something Namco loves to do. "Oh let's release SC5 right before SFxt. SC4? Let's release that right before the new SF4. Yeah no one will care about those games...right?

With this game I just forgot about new consoles xD

But you got a point, I just hope the game sells well, for SC and to raise the chance of SC3 HD Online

Edit: Even so, PS4 in Japan is going to be released next year, I think

Last edited:
With this game I just forgot about new consoles xD

But you got a point, I just hope the game sells well, for SC and to raise the chance of SC3 HD Online

I'm super worried... Game sales are down temporarily now because people are saving their money for the next gen consoles. Beyond Two Souls for PS3 sold pretty poorly, but it was made by Sony and had a big marketing budget... Skylanders averages a million units sold, but only sold 500,000 copies, but have 300,000 waiting on pre-order next gen XB1..

I'm just scared with all these GIANT titan game titles coming out this month, and next gen releases, SC2HD will just fall through the cracks as far as sales.... >_<; (It's gonna be tough to give SC2 attention when KI is fresh out of the oven. I wish they'd release SC2 HD January 2014 so people re-coup their money and will give more attention to a new release....)

Last edited:
Just a thought. Maybe only the EU PSN release is based on the PAL version. I guess we will find out when someone gets their hands on the US version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back