Namco Announces the Release Date of SC2HD

• Admin
So after the long wait, Namco-Bandai has finally announced the release date of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online! We've been wondering for months now, since the game was announced back in July; but we finally know it will be coming out on November 20... in Europe. Will the US release date match it? Who knows. This information was not announced on any press releases, or given to any news outlets; so the release date may have been released prematurely.

In addition to the release date, the full Achievement/Trophy list has been found on the Xbox Live servers and can be viewed here. Pretty basic stuff... No word on the price yet.

*UPDATE* Namco's Soulcalibur Facebook page officially confirms the release date as "Worldwide".

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
That's what I've been missing.

Day 1 tournament November 20th! We're gonna do it differently and have it all on that evening.

Post here or send me a PM if you want to be notified when the sign up thread is posted, or just watch the online forum, probably around November 10th.

This is gonna be so awesome!

AWESOME !! Can't wait. I think I'm much more exited about SC 2 than the next gen console.. Whatever the price I'm getting it !!

So Soakrates posted on SRK that this is based on the PAL version. Is this true/does anyone have any press release to back this up? I am not terribly happy if that's the case.

edit: ugh, soakrates explained it further with verification from DTN. This is garbage. Whhhhhy is it the PAL version...

Crow what else do you remember about pal version aside from ivy 4a+b:b UB and something about a cheap maxi low. I never really bothered to learn the differences since I'd never be playing on it.

Edit: wow just saw the maxi low at 1:37 of the new video, that does crazy damage for such a fast low. Namco I am disappoint, why u drop da ball like dis!!!

Last edited:
The big things I remember are Ivy 4A+B, Kilik/Mina Doom Kicks, and Maxi's high damage low. There may have been more but those were the changes that basically broke the game.

This went from a day one purchase to a "wait and see what others report" for me. I will absolutely not support the PAL version.

Heh, people are just now freaking out about this stuff? It didn't seem like that big a deal to the European scene back when SC2 was "big," but maybe I'm just forgetting a whole bunch. Whatever, maybe they'll fix some of it before rel-bahahaha who am I kidding. Gonna be tapping ankles for ~25% damage all day.

Edit: To be honest though, while I haven't seen the other stuff in action, Maxi's 3B+K,B doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. It's still unsafe and linear as hell, and I doubt it's magically going to make Maxi S-tier. Mitsu's 2KB is about the same speed, does around the same damage iirc AND it kills step. At his absolute best, Maxi will probably be a poor man's Mitsu, which isn't a bad place to be, but it's not worth hitting the panic button over.

Last edited:

Cannes 04 was either played on NSTC version or banned use of the PAL exclusive glitches, because footage from that tournament shows no Kilik doom kicks nor Ivy UB. I would confirm further with Maxi 3B+K but I can't even find a Maxi anywhere in the available footage from that tournament.. which is probably telling enough.

The Ivy/Mina/Kilik bugs are the real big deal.

Last edited:
I don't expect the game to make a big comeback either way. If it does pick up again in spite of its whackiness, great, but I'll just try to have fun with it for at least a month or so.

Live streams

7 Viewers
Deyzuna_
Deyzuna_
Hey! Some Soulcal til PoE Necropolis League :D
1 Viewers
Biconne12
Biconne12
Jugando con mi hermano a ver quién se tiltea primero
1 Viewers
kazumi_takeuchi_
kazumi_takeuchi_