Namco Announces the Release Date of SC2HD

• Admin
So after the long wait, Namco-Bandai has finally announced the release date of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online! We've been wondering for months now, since the game was announced back in July; but we finally know it will be coming out on November 20... in Europe. Will the US release date match it? Who knows. This information was not announced on any press releases, or given to any news outlets; so the release date may have been released prematurely.

In addition to the release date, the full Achievement/Trophy list has been found on the Xbox Live servers and can be viewed here. Pretty basic stuff... No word on the price yet.

*UPDATE* Namco's Soulcalibur Facebook page officially confirms the release date as "Worldwide".

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I don't expect the game to make a big comeback either way. If it does pick up again in spite of its whackiness, great, but I'll just try to have fun with it for at least a month or so.

I was going to run ranbats at Arcade UFO for SC2 because there was a fairly strong SC2 scene in Texas back in the day. If it's based on the PAL version and dosen't fix that mess, I'm not going to bother.

PW- If you're a mina/kilik player, you're going to love doom kicks, haha.

The happy ending would be that doom kicks/ivy glitch is removed even if it is 'based' off Pal version. I could live with that.

Edit: I think... didn't Raph have something amazing in PAL, like... i think whichever prep you go into from 6B > Prep B > The 236B esque lunge was all guaranteed or something insane like that?

Reactions: Jer
Argh gonna be on a business trip that week until Friday, but can't wait until that weekend! Hype!

Hope it's not PAL, don't understand why they'd port the worse version, oh well.

Other than that, $20 is a bit steep, but since it includes everything again, its well worth it, plus online, lol.
Is it only $20? Is this confirmed?

SC2 PS2 version is $14 on Amazon brand new so I mean... $20 works for me.

... man, this game is 10 years old! O_o

I was going to run ranbats at Arcade UFO for SC2 because there was a fairly strong SC2 scene in Texas back in the day. If it's based on the PAL version and dosen't fix that mess, I'm not going to bother.

PW- If you're a mina/kilik player, you're going to love doom kicks, haha.

The happy ending would be that doom kicks/ivy glitch is removed even if it is 'based' off Pal version. I could live with that.

Edit: I think... didn't Raph have something amazing in PAL, like... i think whichever prep you go into from 6B > Prep B > The 236B esque lunge was all guaranteed or something insane like that?
Seriously? If 236B was guaranteed afterward, then that's a considerable amount of damage. If it is guaranteed, then it's a good day to be a Raph main. :sc2rap1:

PAL Voldo

The real glitches start at 1:40. Not really sure how I feel about this. I feel more sorry for everyone else ;D

Oh nice to see a release date at last, I'm happy! I can make preparations in advance! See you all on the 20th.

AZ

I have to be patient and wait 19 days from now, I'll definitely buy it....! I wonder how much it costs... Incidentally I'm so happy with these Soul Calibur news... I hope to learn more news about Soul Calibur "Lost Swords" & Soul Calibur "Unbreakable Soul" too...! :D

PAL Voldo

The real glitches start at 1:40. Not really sure how I feel about this. I feel more sorry for everyone else ;D
tumblr_m4eur3KACI1qzuqe9.gif

WTF Namco, you had 2 versions to choose from and you picked the glitchy one? What did you flip a coin?

What's PAL version and what's the other one?
NTSC is the other version. It's based on the difference in electricity useage and the hertz their TV's run at over there. I'm guessing they had to remake the game to work on Frenchies PS2's. The NTSC version still has tons of glitches, but not as many as in the PAL version. I wonder if we'll get a patch rofl...

Last edited:
My only concern is how well is this game gonna sell being released like 2 days around the NEXT GEN consoles?? =P Won't everyone be hyped for those and buy them instead? They'll be busy playing, Killzone, Ryse, Killer Instinct, over Soul calibur....

I'm still super happy it's coming out though!! >:D

Live streams

2 Viewers
VitaminDCosplay
VitaminDCosplay
Wednesday Night Weebs (RADIO)
1 Viewers
xomegathedeityx
xomegathedeityx
relaxing with games while on break from the lab

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event