Namco-Bandai Announces Soulcalibur II HD Online!

• Admin
So there has been a furor during these past few days after it was discovered that Namco-Bandai filed a trademark for "Soulcalibur Lost Swords". Until now, we didn't really know what it meant. Companies file trademarks all the time, often just to cover themselves.

Could Lost Swords be an upgrade to Soulcalibur V? An RPG side-story like Soulcalibur Legends? Or perhaps a free-to-play version of Soulcalibur like Tekken Revolution? Well Namco-Bandai just wrapped up their Comic-can panel... and... nothing. No announcement of Soulcalibur Lost Swords. However, Namco-Bandai has announced an HD version of Soulcalibur II will be coming to PSN and XBL this fall.

1072324_574138609296142_1875514491_o.jpg

The HD release will be from the PS2 version, and include Heihachi and Necrid as guest characters. Link and Spawn will not be featured. Included with the resolution upgrade will be several new modes, including online multiplayer! Masaaki Hoshino is serving as producer for this project, rather than Hisaharu Tago who has been responsible for Soulcalibur V.
I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
So can anyone explain why sc2 is so highly regarded? Never really played it much and seemed limited.

Guess there's a good chance it'll take over from scv then?
Nostalgia goggles and the fact that it was comparatively better than III and arguably IV.

Nostalgia goggles and the fact that it was comparatively better than III and arguably IV.
Well, better than 4 but 3... In my opinion, 3 was and still is the best SC in the series. Not sure what was so bad with 3 at the time but i heard about some glitches that people had experienced during gameplay that never happened to me. I just loved the customization and that you had so many characters to choose from. It simply had so much to offer and was overall a fun game. It also had the best story mode in a fighting game that I've ever played, not the best of all games of all time but in the fighting game genre.

I was kiiiiiiiiiiinda getting competitive at the time but i was still playing the game more for fun.

God, are we doing this again? This game got so lame towards the end of its lifespan. If they are gonna re-release this, they should at least fix the 2G glitch.

"I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it."

What the fuck? For how long? Hopefully not for more than a week or two.

Greatest news ever, give me my kB2 and mist cancels! I get to be good at a game again, hooray!

I hope Namco keeps their hands off the balance, since it was great. I wouldn't mind a 2G fix, but I'd prefer if they just left it exactly the same.

No worries, dude! If you've played the earlier games (like SC2), you should be okeyy. I agree, it's a shame to not be able to play as Hilde but i main Talim and Maxi in 2.

=D Yeah man I've been playing the series since SCII and only went competitive in V xD! This game is going to be nostalgic as hell.
Hmm, I'll probably main Sophi in this: someone easy and fundamental, lol.

I just heard that the director for SC2HD asked Nintendo for Link to be a guest character again. They said "no".

Prolly not true, but if it was, i can understand why they won't bother with a WiiUport for this game.
"what? we cant use Link? you know what? ... NO SOUP FOR YOU!

On the subject of moving the 24hour room, you should leave it on SCV. We should set up rooms for SC2, for sure, but don't move the 24 hour 8wayrun room. Still the newest game in the series and we should still be promoting it as much as possible. And most casual fans will still prefer it to this. This ain't got no CaS.

And as much as I love CaS, I must admit it'll be a nice break from the pace to not have to fight cats with giant dicks.

Was never very good with Mitsu back in SC2.. could have been due to age...

Can't wait to really give him all I got.

*yawns*

I already have SC2 and it's still in great condition.

If it's all to gather funds for SC6, then I will support SC2 HD.

I would have been more excited over Soul Edge/Soul Blade HD, or even SC3 HD rather than SC2.

"I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it."

What the fuck? For how long? Hopefully not for more than a week or two.

I'm hoping forever, or at least until the next game comes out.

It's time to give SC5 a rest and put on dem nostalgia goggles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back