Namco-Bandai Announces Soulcalibur II HD Online!

• Admin
So there has been a furor during these past few days after it was discovered that Namco-Bandai filed a trademark for "Soulcalibur Lost Swords". Until now, we didn't really know what it meant. Companies file trademarks all the time, often just to cover themselves.

Could Lost Swords be an upgrade to Soulcalibur V? An RPG side-story like Soulcalibur Legends? Or perhaps a free-to-play version of Soulcalibur like Tekken Revolution? Well Namco-Bandai just wrapped up their Comic-can panel... and... nothing. No announcement of Soulcalibur Lost Swords. However, Namco-Bandai has announced an HD version of Soulcalibur II will be coming to PSN and XBL this fall.

1072324_574138609296142_1875514491_o.jpg

The HD release will be from the PS2 version, and include Heihachi and Necrid as guest characters. Link and Spawn will not be featured. Included with the resolution upgrade will be several new modes, including online multiplayer! Masaaki Hoshino is serving as producer for this project, rather than Hisaharu Tago who has been responsible for Soulcalibur V.
I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I have SCII for two system, it's my favorite SoulCalibur, lol.

But I'm really happy with SCII HD, I don't have much time to play offline and...an old game like SCII makes it even harder to happen, SCII HD will come in handy, can't wait for it^^

On the subject of moving the 24hour room, you should leave it on SCV. We should set up rooms for SC2, for sure, but don't move the 24 hour 8wayrun room. Still the newest game in the series and we should still be promoting it as much as possible. And most casual fans will still prefer it to this. This ain't got no CaS.

And as much as I love CaS, I must admit it'll be a nice break from the pace to not have to fight cats with giant dicks.
Except that:

1. This is both JAXEL'S website and JAXEL'S stream, giving him licence to do whatever he likes with it.
2. Chronalogically SCII HD is the latest SC game and SC II was and is a competitive fighting game, so it actually has more right to be on the 24h stream if you want to make a case for SCV being the current game.
3. Nobody's watching the 24h stream anyway. Averaging like 20 views is not showing its what the people want.

Oh cool!

The last time I played SC2 I was 9, but since I know how to play now it would be like experiencing the game for the first time.

Hopefully I can get it and have my mom mail me my console.

Either way I will enjoy myself by just spectating.

Except that:

1. This is both JAXEL'S website and JAXEL'S stream, giving him licence to do whatever he likes with it.
2. Chronalogically SCII HD is the latest SC game and SC II was and is a competitive fighting game, so it actually has more right to be on the 24h stream if you want to make a case for SCV being the current game.
3. Nobody's watching the 24h stream anyway. Averaging like 20 views is not showing its what the people want.

True, I suppose.

EDIT: Wasn't trying to dictate how Jaxel runs his site, just giving an opinion.

Meh.
I'd rather have SCVI. Still nice, though. (I miss Xianghua too.) If it helps to create VI, then so be it.

(But I still don't like Tekken in my SC, man.)

Tried to play some SC2, but apparently my PS2 has committed suicide. Bitter because I hadn't played it in so long, I guess.

I still loved you! </3

For this game to be PERFECT for me, it needs to have the following things:

1) SPAWN - My favorite SC guest character, even more so than Vader. Licensed to McFarlane but hopefully they can work things out to include him again.

2) CONQUEST MODE - From the arcade version. But this time with online implemented.

3) Wii U version with all three guest characters. The most complete version of the game, which will also bring in more players to the community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back