Namco Bandai Launches Official SoulCalibur.com!

• Admin
Two weeks ago, NBGI put up a countdown teaser site, that many speculated to be related to the Soul Calibur series. We know now that these assumptions are true! With Soul Calibur V, Namco is looking for community interaction and is enhancing their social network; this new website is the next step...

sccom.jpg

Instead of slowly releasing information about SCV during the next few months, they want community participation... and the speed of releases are dependant on the community hype. If you check out the new site, you will see a bits and pieces of information about social interaction on FB/SoulCalibur. Every like, every post, every comment you make on the Facebook page will contribute towards brush strokes on artwork. The more hype we can bring to the Soul Calibur series, the more that will be revealed to us!

So this is a call to arms! Spread the word! Soul Calibur V is coming! And while you are at it, be sure to follow @Filthirich and @Daishi_CALIBUR! Also make sure people know about 8WayRun!

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
they say you have to join their facebook or something in order to get a preview of pictures and stuff, but I'm using shcool computers so I cant preview shit

they say you have to join their facebook or something in order to get a preview of pictures and stuff, but I'm using shcool computers so I cant preview shit

Its art of Siegfried and the new guy and a new sword. ill upload

I don't even have facebook, so if anyone would be kind enough to upload all the media they release somewhere else, that'd be great.

finally something big enough to motivate registering on here ><

(also, the seigfried pic getting outlined on soulcalibur.com is way different than the one on FB)

(also also, you can see the small 1-handed versions of soul edge and -calibur on the official site, also in the flash loading animation)

well, judging on the picture, now that Sieg. is finally a grown up man he won't have that gay voice he gets in SC4

I gotta say, i love the idea of community interaction being on the basis on how fast they release information about the game.

oh man! i cant wait.. and i hope that the character on the site its not seigfried, if not a new vers of nightmare.....

Well, since this states to be a gap in time after SCIV, a new generation of fighters will appear. Some previous characters who may re-appear will be older in age and others just more menacing; (characters that don't age). Apart from Pat, there could be an ample number of new characters due to the story being 17 yrs. later. Some I'll bet will have already existing fighting styles of previous characters. This intrigues me about any debuting characters that may have all new fighting styles and arts. ...Hmmm.

Oh damn, he actually looks good now. I can't wait to see the other returning characters.
Actually...I just care if Talim is in it or not.

Two weeks ago, NBGI put up a countdown teaser site, that many speculated to be related to the Soul Calibur series. We know now that these assumptions are true! With Soul Calibur V, Namco is looking for community interaction and is enhancing their social network; this new website is the next step...

View attachment 4735

Instead of slowly releasing information about SCV during the next few months, they want community participation... and the speed of releases are dependant on the community hype. If you check out the new site, you will see a bits and pieces of information about social interaction on FB/SoulCalibur. Every like, every post, every comment you make on the Facebook page will contribute towards brush strokes on artwork. The more hype we can bring to the Soul Calibur series, the more that will be revealed to us!

So this is a call to arms! Spread the word! Soul Calibur V is coming! And while you are at it, be sure to follow @Filthirich and @Daishi_CALIBUR! Also make sure people know about 8WayRun!
Arrrghh I don't like facebook!

I like the look of the new character, this is likely a given that Sophie and Cassie won't be playable in this game. Sieg's design looks great, though I still wish that they would have gave him facial hair (I don't why I want him with facial hair lol), that armor design is badass, it reminds me of his Soul Calibur DC Alternate Outfit. The new Soul Edge looks fantastic, looks like something out of God of War. I wonder if Namco Bandai will use this title as a series reboot since a lot of other companies are doing the same. Overall I cannot wait til next year (better come out before the end of the world lol) this game is gonna own.

(RECAP)

S O U L C A L I B U R 5

Namco Bandai described the game this morning as a "true sequel" in the Soul series, and it'll be arriving on PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2012.

Various elements of the battle system have been improved, it said, and new elements added to make the game "more exciting".

"Soul Calibur V is set to advance the series' legacy of white-knuckled weapon-based combat, beautiful graphics and groundbreaking features, entrancing newcomers and long-time fans alike," the publisher noted in its announcement.

producer Hisaharu Tago told us the fifth game in the series represents a new era for Soul Calibur - a fresh story arc kicking off 17 years after the fourth instalment. Tago told us he wants Soul Calibur V to focus on "quicker and sharper gameplay", and moving the cast around is the best way to do it. As well as improving the online system and adding new network features, Soul Calibur V's gameplay is going to be "much lighter, sharper and more elegant" than before, Tago-san says with an enthusiastic sword swing.

The producer admits there will likely be fans troubled by the sound of this rather large shift in the feel of fighting, but he insists they shouldn't worry; it's more pleasant removing the sluggish gaps between moves found in previous instalments, and creating a smoother, more fluid style of combat, he promises.

The generational shift sees the introduction of new characters - and the return of old ones - starting with Patroklos, son of Sophitia Alexandra. Patroklos embarks on a journey that sees his family's destiny "intertwine with the Soul swords".

As mentioned both new and old characters will return in the sequel, and Tago-san hinted that we could even see the sons and daughters of more classic Soul Calibur fighters battling out. Patroklos as you'd expect is said to feel a lot like his mother and fan favourite Sophitia, and he'll even blag a few moves "inspired" by the old dear.

Main protagonist Siegfried will also return in V, except he's now 39 years old and no longer in possession of the Soul Calibur sword.

For the good or bad, he also confirmed to CVG that the new instalment will feature guest characters from other companies, such as Soul Calibur Star Wars fighters or Nintendo's Link from even further back. "Please stay tuned for more information on that," he said.

Real gameplay will be revealed at E3 in June, but for now the return of all of the series' major features (including the last game's powerful character creator) and finally a move to inject a feeling of freshness to the series suggests this could be a promising contender in 2012.

(Details came from www.computerandvideogames.com)

sieg actually had a tiny amount of facial hair in the sketch daishi twittered lately.
Not only that... In the same pic except from Sieg we can see a woman behind him. I guess this could be Salia (from Schwarzwind) or Hilde. But I believe that this could possibly be Salia, coz Hilde has a molecule and if you see this pic, the woman doesn't have one. Also the rest of the people might be members from Schwarzwind... I don't know, I'm just speculating, but what do you think?
Here's the pic: http://twitpic.com/4wju09

Back