Namco gives us the finger

VC...

Let me elaborate; VC is what killed the game. The game itself was good. Fast paced, a little more offensive (since that was the direction that namco was going into) X's 66A+B was overpowered, but not terribly broken.

Now asta's VC ability, lol. Let me explain it like this

Asta actually have 2A+K OR 2B+K throw. In which you can break. However, if you broke the throw, i can VC and get a FREE 4. Bullrush was pretty much unsteppable. His B throw was literally half life. And that was just asta's beefy nonsense. Sisters were good, X was good, Mitsu was upper mid, Zas was hella good (even tho he's only like 5 moves)

soooooo.....it wasn't terribly too bad. Just a few idiots tried to run a national tournamnet and failed us miserably.

Hmmm ... what?

To make sure we're all on the same page, let's talk about the US version of SC3 because all three versions are different.

The most ridiculous character-specific VCs are, imo, Lizardman's command throw VC (RO from anywhere), Setsuka's B throw VC (150+ damage, way more if you can do ag:B combo), and Mitsu's 22B VC (half life or a million + frames). The other ones are not close in terms of power. Zas's command throw is strong, but every Zas player would trade it for X's 66A+B~G. Then you have these VCs don't matter too much. Both sides can VC for Sophie's B throw follow-up break VC, and you can choose not to break Asta's 2A+K and 1A+G (by the way, I never understand why you guys were going for 4 when you can do 22B4 6B:236B+G easily ...) Lizardman's stance VC was cool because his stance game

Then you have these universal VCs, throw-break VC, GI VC, BT throw VC, Back throw VC, which are all technically stronger than character-specific ones but no one really took advantages of these except for maybe Omega and his lightning-fast reaction to GI VC then AA, but Omega could win without VC anyway.

I am not trying to say VC is a glorious thing, it isn't, and it did scare away many new players, but I wouldn't say it kill the game. SC2 was equally glitchy really, and it was very popular.

VCs are all bad but in practice, not as bad as poor character balance. I thought it was funny that you mentioned the sisters, Asta (and Zas !?) but not Setsuka ... even then, you see characters from top to mid tiers compete and do well in tournaments, so obviously poor character balance didn't kill the game.

And SC3 nats was much better than SC4 from what I read. Still then XCTU and DancingFightG were just trying to contribute without asking for too much.

In the end, what was killing SC3 is the same thing that is killing SC4 ...

There never was a SC5 at E3 to announce. Just people pulling rumors out of the air. Oh well, go play SC4.

There's always blizzcon.

And SC4 wasn't announced at E3. Plenty of games weren't. It'll come eventually.

I predict that SCIV won´t even be announced at TGS 2010. Next years E3... yeah. Here you heard it first!

And as far as i know, SCIV got more "love" from the players than SCIII... At least here in europe.

And the proof is that there was actually a cannes WORLD CUP event for SCIV, like in the case of SCII.

For SCIII was never!! such a thing. SCIII was, if you look at it as a competitive game almost shit ´cause of all the stupid bugs and engine weaknesses. Even compared to the SCII bugs/engine. SCIII is imo the worst SC game of all time. Some highlights for sure, but un the end a real mess in high level play.

For SCIII was never!! such a thing. SCIII was, if you look at it as a competitive game almost shit ´cause of all the stupid bugs and engine weaknesses. Even compared to the SCII bugs/engine. SCIII is imo the worst SC game of all time. Some highlights for sure, but un the end a real mess in high level play.
At least sum1 agrees with me.

I gotta say i'm actually a bit shocked they didn't announce it. I mean, they had to of at least started SC5 by now. Namco didn't announce anything else worth giving a second glance so this would have been a good opportunity. Not sure what they're thinking unless there's a major overhaul of the engine and system underway.

You know what I think? Namco's busy trying to cash in the Kinect and Move craze to care about SC5.

Now that scares me. Just think, SCV, the biggest new and promotional push is that it uses Kinect and Move. They waste so much time trying to get the damn thing playable with those gimmicks that they neglect to actually add anything really new to the game.

-DeathCom

Now that scares me. Just think, SCV, the biggest new and promotional push is that it uses Kinect and Move. They waste so much time trying to get the damn thing playable with those gimmicks that they neglect to actually add anything really new to the game.

-DeathCom

They don't need to add anything new, they don't need any gimmicks... they just need to get it RIGHT. Every game except IV has had game-breaking glitches, and IV didn't deliver in other areas.

*shrugs* Gonna keep playing SCIV. Gonna let them surprise me with SCV(if they decide to do it).
I don't care if it takes a decade. If they don't make it, then I'll stick to SCIV. Period.

-DeathCom

This would be really horrible imo...

Back