Natsu 1.02 Combo Discussion.

yeah that was my find.

you have to be at a straight on angle to the wall or else it gets a little sketchy if they can tech out or not. the WS B is guaranteed and then if they dont tech they have to either eat the bomb on the ground or block low to guard it, ive caught alot of people with stuff like WS B 66B, and WS B 2A+B, because they want to guard the bomb so bad.
I too do this kAb, the WS B 2A+B. For the exact reason you mentioned, it works a decent amount. I've also applied some pressure with WS B 4A+B.a ! 6:a into wall splat, etc. WS B has become a part of my ukemi game for sure, especially post patch. I really do think this patch forced us into mixing up more, which I sincerely enjoy. The good Natsu players get creative while the band wagoners jump ship.

are there any uses of 654123 B?
LOL wat? We don't know the uses yet, because you obviously just discovered a brand new move.

Haha, I assume you mean SOFD? 41236B? I've seen it used as a tech trap after a bomb. Or maybe it hit grounded. IDR. I think there are more damaging options after a bomb anyway. From neutral position, it's so slow and linear, I doubt it could be used as anything other than a scrub killer.

yeah its really good in wakeup situation after like 4B, 0r 3KKK when people dont know which way to roll. other than a 1 time gimmick to close out a round or something, i wouldnt use it much. it hits grounded and tracks completely to one side.

I like to spam cancel SOFD vs ppl that freeze up a lot to partially conceal the real move I had in mind or vs ppl that block way too much to provoke them into playing more aggressively and hopefully something that I can counter next time. Also, if you've trained them to expect a cancel into a certain move, actually using SOFD, once maybe every few matches, catches even pretty good players off-guard.

In the Combo Listing thread, you can get more damage out of the 8KA starter wall combo's, if you delay the WS K so you don't get a wall-splat and get can do an additional A:6 instead. (so: 8KA W! delayed WS K A:6 W! 6A+B4 A:6 3KKK 1A_K2_4A+B). On that same note, CH BBK combos can also get an additional A:6 if you're still aligned with the wall.

Also I've been able to land quite a few 22_88K CH's near a wall, where you can do an A:6 A:6 followup into the usual combo (nvm, just saw 22_88K A:6 was in the notes on the bottom of the page).

A+B W! also seems to combo into 3KKK if you don't end up BT.

I just found something peculiar... I already knew you couldn't get the usual combo out of 4B CH, but apparently you can't get it either when incorporated in a wall combo, i.e.: 4B A:6 A:6 6A+B4 PO A:6 etc. It will stop the combo after 6A+B4. PO A:6 might hit, but won't have the stun that allows for 3KKK etc. , it's very strange.

its a game mechanic. you cant have more than one of the same type of stun in a combo. CH 4B has the same stun as 6A+B so you cant use it there. its the reason asta cant do infinite 6B stun combos.

I don't use 4a+b6 enough can we discuss some ways to use this move. I use 2a+b but I think my offense is missing 4a+b6

I don't use 4a+b6 enough can we discuss some ways to use this move. I use 2a+b but I think my offense is missing 4a+b6

4A+B.A is also good because it's safe on block.
You do the A after the bomb.
If it gets blocked the blockstun of the bomb + quick recovery of the A makes it safe.
On hit you can't do air grab but still A+B and another Bomb as a tech trap or 44K for wall bounce or whatever.
On whiff it could be worse than 4A+B.6 don't know.

Bombs seem to be the only things that really combo into 44K these days it seems.

A good way to apply 4A+B is after most guard bursts.
Not always though depending on which move you used to burst.

Another is against backstep moves like Leixia's 44B when she's at disadvantage.

As whiff punishment for example after stepping, but here a follow up air grab can whiff depending on which move you stepped.

And after successful Just Guarding.
As it gives you good advantage at least and some moves are also punishable with Bomb after JG.

Some moves can even be punished with bomb on normal guard like Maxi's 6A+B, BE, LI A.

thanks for the tips, I would like to get in some matches someday with some of the people from the forum i'm not the best but i'll fight

Is there set ups for counter hit for WS B-4A+B combos? Also wanted to ask is it essential I learn the 6A+B4(PO) ~ A6(Just Frame) for the Counter hit WS K combos?

Also wanted to ask is it essential I learn the 6A+B4(PO) ~ A6(Just Frame) for the Counter hit WS K combos?

In short, yes. If you're having trouble, don't rush it - you have to wait a relatively lengthy amount of time after the 6A+B4 before inputting the A:6 and the just-frame itself is quite slow (so wait for the around the time when the A connects).

It's a weird timing. Sometimes I feel like it's slow, and sometimes I don't do it fast enough. Just go into training mode and keep doing it until you can hit it like 3 or 4 times in a row. Then go online and prepare to still only get it like 60% of the time.

so if people refuse to tech after normal hit 6A+B4 PO A:6 (which they normally wont for fear of bomb traps) 1A is guaranteed for 59 damage and 6K is guaranteed for 54 damage and a bit more safety if they do tech. this is chunky damage and may give them more reason to tech in this situation, letting us land more bombs.

as far as post guard break goes. a CH WS K combo is going to be your best guaranteed damage. ending with a CE will give you a little more damage than the 1A ender, but unless it ends the round its not worth the cost imo, sometimes the last hit will whiff as well further showing why its not worth the meter.

you can try a bomb into CE combo but it can be blocked, i think it would be pretty hard to jump a 2A+B bomb in this scenario as well. pop off a CE4 into 8B+G and you do just under half life

Back