Natsu 1.02 Combo Discussion.

I found out you can actually combo after guard impacting TJ moves. Depending on the height of the jump move that you GI, it can be useful to know.

If you GI moves that jump down from great heights, like Mitsu's 8_9A+B, Tira's 8B+K, B_A_K, or Natsu's WR BBB, they already get around 60 fall damage from the GI alone, in that case it's best to do nothing unless you have meter to burn and a round to end :P
But lower jumping TJ moves, like Tira's 236K BE only get around 20 fall damage from the GI, in which case it's better to follow up the GI with A:6 in mid-air and 1A/44KK/CEwhatever tickles your fancy for 40'ish dmg (K2 doesn't reach btw), or with 66B or 66B BE and some combo ender for 50-80 damage.

Video demonstration:

Sorry if this has been posted before, I didn't see it anywhere.

on the same subject if you hit someone in during their jump move, they cannot AC until they are hit again. i use this alot in 1k setups where i think theyll jump after getting hit with 1K. a 6B/WS A/ WS K will hit them before theyre jump move can come out and then you A:6 them for the hard knockdown into whatever you want.

Oh yeah, I do the same thing, though I always thought it was AC'able... good to know. WS B, 4a+b~A combos look pretty cool, but can be AC'd and now I know why! Thanks kAb.

Will most likely whiff, I think I tried it, but don't take my word on it. I know you can do it after a regular GI, though.

Hmm, just came across this just now:

(FC A+B) A:6 W! 3B W! WS K, 6A+B4 PO, A:6, 3KKK, 4A+B_1A_K2(?)_CE

This requires a very specific distance from the wall, and I have so far not been able to get K2 to connect on Pyrrha, plus CE seems only to hit once.

Edit: CE seems to hit all 3 times if the wall is just to the left a bit at the start. Does 157 dmg total with CE. Probably not a very practical combo, but kinda flashy, I guess...

Edit 2: Approx. dmg values for all finishers:
4A+B: 135
1A: 140
K2: 144
CE: 157

Alren: I think you can do it with a:6 w! a:6 w! too. I don't like inserting the WS K there; you can go straight into the 6A+B4 and it's -probably- more reliable (don't know how it affects scaling).

My testing indicated that you could splat into a combo with 3B or a:6, but that a:6 was more reliable in terms of spacing and the like (and does more damage).

Yea, I know about the A:6 W! A(:)6 W! into the rest, but I just wanted to see if it was possible to squeeze in an extra WS K in there. The bnb wall combo is definitely way more reliable, just wanted to be a bit flashy. :P And the second A6 doesn't even need to be a JF, btw, since the first hit of the JF whiffs anyway.

If you land CH WrK near a wall you can A6 or 3B for a W!
A6 has a lot of range. The just frame version will not work for a W!. It doesn't even connect.

Example combos:

CH WrK, A6, W!, A6, W!, 3B, A:6, K2

CH WrK, 3B, W!, 66B BE, W!, A6, 6K

Some other wall combos I have known for awhile:

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 22B, 66B BE, 1A

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 22A, AAB

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 11K, A:6, 1A

*CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, FCA+B, 6A+B, PO A:6, 3KKK, 1A (character specific)

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 66 A+G or B+G (not guaranteed on Zwei, Voldo and Asteroth)

*CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 66AB (Sets up a tech trap situation for 3A, 6K or Grabs. Grabs are escapable by teching into crouch)

*CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 6AB (Grabs tech trap after)

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 4A+B6, PO8B, 44K, 1A (Way more damage than doing the air grab. Angle after PO 8B is inconsistent)

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 4A+B, 66B BE, 1A (Still more damage than air grab)

CH WrK, W!, 3B, W!, 4A+BA, A+B, 1A (Still more damage than air grab)

*Must wait for your opponent to slide down the wall.

Dude you're making things too complicated. Fall damage from an air-GI is equal to the damage that the air attack would have done. It has nothing to do with jump height.

And Natsu is very lucky in that her 1A combos into an air GI simply by buffering it, no timing required. So you GI someone out of the air, hit 1A, and you get the damage for their attack plus further combo damage for 1A.

@ Violent_Vodka: Updated the Tech Trap list with juggle A+B.
I was shocked i didn't have her best knockdown listed, probably because i had it in the combo section.

Wall combos.. Works best if you do reset position: Wall, forward and don't move before 2A+B. I did it on Pyrrha's stage in case they position you differently.

2A+B iCE (dash forward) A+B 44K.K (wall bounce, tech trap: all->) 4A+B CE4 66 8B+G = 245

If they always tech:
2A+B iCE (dash forward) A+B (tech trap: all->) 4A+B 44K.K (wall bounce, tech trap: all->) 4A+B6 8B+G = 245
Depending on positioning, the way the tech after the A+B can ruin the combo, right works best.

If they never tech:
2A+B iCE (dash forward) 44K.K (wall bounce) 1A = 142
2A+B iCE (dash forward) 44K.K (wall bounce) 44K.K = 150

I don't feel like checking if this has been noticed before, but if you position yourself properly in a corner, you can get consecutive 44K wall jumps. You can get up to six before the combo drops, though depending on position, 2-4 are common.

4A+B CE4 664 A+B 44K WJ 44K WJ 44K WJ 44K WJ 44K WJ 44K WJ = 350 / 1.0 meter

They can tech out at any point, but it's still really cool.

well just figured i'd drop this here since i came across it while comparing character's launchers and their capabilities in practice:

you all probably know 3B a:6 is a 53 damage combo, with a sliding style hitstun caused by a:6, similar to what taki's a:6 got you in SC4.

here's what it can get you midscreen:

3B a:6 ~ (1frame link)CE is a combo midscreen for 67 damage(only first hit of the CE connects). if the link is not made, the opponent can back tech or side tech out of the CE.

[tech trap] 3B a:6 ~ 1A(back techable)

however near a wall, just far away enough that you can't get a wall splat, 3B can lead to the following:

3B a:6 1A - 74 damage.
3B a:6 4A+B - 74 damage. will launch if the opponent techs, which can lead to 129 damage total.
3B a:6 ~ 2A+B is an unblockable bomb set up if the opponent techs, which can lead to things like CE W!(low or mid splat, depending on angle) or another a:6 into 1A, 4A+B, or 2A+B. aerial hit a:6 ~ 2A+B (delay) a:6 appears to be an infinite bomb tech setup so long as the opponent is dumb enough to keep teching.
3B a:6CE is still a 1F link, this time for 112 damage. the combo still connencts if the 1F link is not made and cannot be teched, but the teching animation causes the last hit to whiff, resulting in less damage. the last hit can also whiff at odd angles, leading only to about 90 damage. i believe this can tech trap if delayed slightly, but i havent tested the tech trap capabilities of this move yet.

Natsu can also set up this same situation off of 2A+B (delay) a:6 near a wall, 22_88B (delay) a:6 near a wall, or 4A+B ~ RCC a:6.

4A+B RCC a:6 1A appears to be a combo from everywhere for about 70 damage.
4A+B RCC a:6 4A+B - 58-60dmg(damage depends on angle) is also a tech trap that catches all sides.

*combos and tech traps were tested against pyrrha.

hopefully this information has been somewhat useful to you. I didnt see it posted in the combo/tech trap sticky, so if this has been discovered/posted before, i apologize in advance.

otherwise i will post a video demonstration of the above in a couple of hours. just give me time to set up my capture card, record this stuff, and upload it.

EDIT: tested the 3B a:6 ~ (delay)CE tech trap, and it actualy is worse than just going for the combo. only 97 damage, and the third hit misses so you cant even reap the full benifit of the tech trap.

I can't remember if I posted this or not..

2A+B CE4 664 iCE 66 8B+G takes, like, 55% life.
Way cool combo, probably worth it, super hard to pull off. My CE hits them grounded 'cause I'm spazzy.

Back