Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

As far as followups go you don't have to worry about as much as leixia. Open field go for ch ws k combo. Near a wall or edge go for a:6 wall combo. I suppose knowing if you could land a bomb Into ce is good, someone make a list.

Other move that are good for whittling away at the guard gauge.

8a+b- decent damage, great guard damage, wierd hitbox, mostly safe.

K2- what slade said

11k/bt a+b- safe launcher, not a ton of guard damage but still better than nothing.

22b-in matches that its safe or only aa punishable it's not a bad option

6b- safe, semi tracking mid.

6ka- this is one I've been using more as of late. With no delay it cannot be ducked, is only -6 on block and very spammable. The guard damage isn't big, but the times that you can sneak this in there are plenty.

Reactions: TxA
I love 4A+B~ A. You don't even have to delay it much to get Guard Burst or whatsitcalled.
I like how a chippydippy 8 DMG move does 2/3 of PO B's Guard DMG.

66_33_99B is also good as it covers the side that 6B does not (a bit)

Last edited:
Yeah I use 4A+Ba a lot now for string interrupts and pressure. I never knew it was so good for guard gauge though. I've also found it useful for conditioning someone into not expecting the full bomb launcher, so saving it for when you need 60+ damage late game is nice.

kAb's post is great by the way, thanks. Little bits if information on different moves is extremely helpful.

11K is the exact same as BT A+B?

In terms of animation, yes 11K is the same thing as BT A+B, but they have different launch heights on NH at least. On NH, 11K can only combo into A:6, whereas BT A+B can combo into A+B and CE. I'm not sure about CH 11K though. Actually I think 11K can combo into 66B BE on NH as well, but I don't remember for sure.

It's more about the recovery frames than the launch height. Bt a+b recovers much faster than 11k allowing ce and a+b followups.

Yeah I noticed BT A+B A+B combo'd perfectly fine but 11K A+B simply wouldn't. It makes sense now.

11K 66B BE is an NH combo allowing for 1A/44KK as usual. CE combos out of 11K but it's only the grounded version, not the launched one like you get off of BT A+B.

I'm trying to connect 2A+B CE4 PORC 66B BE 44KKK 44KK in training but I'm not sure it's even possible. If it is, it's incredibly difficult to pull off. I managed to land the BE attack after about 10 attempts but then I cocked up on the wall-kicks part, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here with better execution than me who can perhaps give this one a go.

Also, what is A+B on block now? The frame data say -12 but I'm sure that's pre-patch. It feels like -14 or -16.

A+B is still -12. They didn't change the frames on block, but they did change the hitstun so 1A would no longer be guaranteed. A+B4 is something like -21.

I'm trying to connect 2A+B CE4 PORC 66B BE 44KKK 44KK in training but I'm not sure it's even possible. If it is, it's incredibly difficult to pull off. I managed to land the BE attack after about 10 attempts but then I cocked up on the wall-kicks part, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here with better execution than me who can perhaps give this one a go.

Also, what is A+B on block now? The frame data say -12 but I'm sure that's pre-patch. It feels like -14 or -16.
It works, but it's techable. I managed to land it at a pretty weird angle and got this by just freestyling as I went along.

2A+B CE4 PORC 66B BE 44KKK 44KKK WS (I know, right?) 3B WS iWS K 6A+B4A:6 3KKK 44KKK CE. Can't tell you damage as it was a week ago, but I'll edit this with a proper test later.

No idea if the meter cap makes this possible outside of training, not sure you would build enough.

I'm just happy that 44KKK can wallsplat. Looping it was the only fun thing before that. Just 3 loops gives 170-180 damage (will confirm as-and-when.)

Just 3 loops gives 170-180 damage (will confirm as-and-when.)
I once pulled in training 4 loops, with 8KA as a combo starter, for an overall circa 240dmg on a sieg stage. But the wall setup, character positioning and wallsplat angle of 8KA has to be so specific, that it can only be counted as a circus trick. as far as i remember, I also had to delay 6A+B4 A:6 as much as possible, in order to let the wallsplat animation set the character on the right angle

Last edited:
Is FC 3KK a combo if the first low hit isn't blocked, like Mitsu's 2KB?

And about that move, is there anything that combos off of it, either normal hit or CH? I habitually do 6A+B4 as if it's the WS K combo because of how similar that move looks to the second kick of FC 3KK, but it's not connecting on normal hit at least.

It is not a combo on normal hit.
It is a Natural Counter Combo (NCC) it only combos if the first kick hits as a counter hit.
Nothing can combo after this.

If only the second kick (the one that looks like WS K) hits as a counter hit you get a stun resemblant but not identical to CH WS K.
It allows the following Combos:

First kick must not hit:
CH FC:3:K.:K:~ :1::A: -39 DMG
CH FC:3:K.:K:~ :k-small::2: -40 DMG
CH FC:3:K.:K:~ :4::A+B: -31 DMG

As soon as the first kick of FC 3KK hits the opponent, its hitstun prevents the opponent from attacking in time to get Counter Hit by the second (WR K-ish) kick.

Last edited:
There are a whole bunch of strings or multi-hit moves in the game that allow for such shenanigans.

Tira can get half life from a Jolly 22B if only the second hit hits. Natsu can get more off of PO A6 if it hits after wiffing the first hit.

Seriously, there's loads of these in the game, I believe they are there on purpose. Probably to reward quick thinking, and to stop overzealous diving by not confirming blocks/wiffs.

So I learned an interesting piece of jank today. If you trade on CH WS K and get back-turned, BT A+B combos for the launch.

You get similar things in mid combo.

For instance HO B WS K A:6 WS A:6 WS

or 8AK WS WR K (No WS, sometimes will) A:6 WS

On larger characters whose heights are 4 or 5 on the scale used in creation mode, you can get more damage off of a 22B combo. I can confirm this works on Yoshimitsu (size 4) and ZWEI (not sure for him, probably a 5):

22B A+B 1A

It provides about 10 more damage than the 66B alternative for no meter use. It doesn't work on Natsu who is size 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

So I went into training and it looks more like a distance thing also. At tip range, where both hits of 22B connect for a full launch, A+B will connect on some characters. It's a little bit angle dependent too unfortunately so this probably isn't reliable.

Last edited:
I'm sure I remember reading about someone needing help with PO rush 66B+G. I thought I might as well post this in case there is someone who is having trouble with this. You know how it goes, for every person who posts here there's another fifty just reading etc.:

Going into PO from any way, be it 214, 6A+B4, 4A and so on, the best way to execute it is to simply double tap 6 (forward) as quick as possible and do a B+G. Delaying it slightly allowing Natsu to fully transition into PO helps also. It's a 65 damage mixup so it's worth knowing how to execute even if you probably won't use it every game. You'll notice the input display literally shows this: 6 | 6 | 6BG, with the double-tap 6 and the B+G held down with 6 all together. Seeing only 6 | 6BG means PO B usually comes out instead. So it's just a case of doing a very quick 66 then hit B+G. Holding the 6 usually works when doing it out of stance, but the input is stricter in PO stance, requiring you to drop the 6.

Or you could just do PO A and then 66B+G. Or frame trap with PO B. Lol.

If this is useless then my bad. There might just be someone who finds this useful.

Last edited:
Back