Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

The benefit is no need for a 4 input per se. PO 4 implies 214 4 or 4A 4. As soon as you're in PO, it's just 6, 6, B+G but very fast of course.

The purpose of my post was to explain how to input the move in an easier-to-understand way; double-tap forward then B+G as a pose to "PO 466B+G".

Sometimes words explain more than notation.

Put it this way: I never could do the move, but when I just went into training and thought about it this way, a la two really quick 6s then B+G, it all made sense and I get the move every time.

What does 6A+B CH give?
I know on normal hit, PO A and PO A:6 work, with 4A+B / 1A back-techable oki.
I think on counter-hit, PO K and PO B+K then work.
Anything else?

1K leaves you at -2 so it wouldn't combo into 4A+B, so the opponent might've tried to Just Guard his next move and missed.

However, 2A on hit is +8, where 4a+bA is i8 if done fast enough, so I think that combos.
I know PO B on block (+8) combos into 4a+bA if again done fast enough, but you're better off setting up a stronger frame trap like a throw or A:6.

You can get moves that have 4 or 6 inputs from FC, so you can do 1K and immediately 4A+B or 66B without waiting for Natsu to rise out of crouch.

PO2 into 466B+G has always intrigued me, hover usually isnt a good thing to throw out but I would imagine if you throw out hover B enough times the foe will just try to block it every time they see you go into hover. If you are in range PO2 into 466B+G seems like an interesting mixup that most likely the foe will not be aware of (When people see hover stance or PO2 i wouldnt imagine their first thought would be to break B), still the execution is tricky. Not sure if it's worth while, these are just my thoughts.

(Just remember that there is a handful of ways to interupt hover, if the player is smart this shit aint gunna work lol)
Hover is not at all that great period. It can easily be back stepped and punishable if your opponent is smart.

Indeed, HOV is quite useless. Sometimes it works off of 66B4 to catch a whiffed punish, but against better players they just won't fall for it. If you do catch them standing still while you're in HOV, the A or B mix-up might work if they are slow to react.

In terms of safety, A is better as it can catch sidesteps and is not as linear as B. You might get a surprise hit where 1A combos for free.

There are many options. You have to toss stuff out and gauge how your opponent reacts. You really have a tool for every situation.

4a+ba is a go to interrupt that will beat everything aside from natsu aa(trades with i10) random 2a, and back step.

If they 2a, then 8a or 8b are your best bets

If they backstep, 66k and 66b both beat backstep here as does 6a+b. 6b might as well for a safe option, not sure.

If they step 4a+ba has this covered! but if you want more damage, ws aaa will ch as will 66ab

Once you have them frozen more 1ks, FC3ks, 4a, throws, 214b. If they want to test your input speed with an aa (Pyrrha and leixia aa have to be beaten with frame perfect 4a+ba) then you can ch with ws k.

Just have to make some good reads.

4a+ba is a go to interrupt that will beat everything aside from natsu aa(trades with i10) random 2a, and back step.

Not everything; tech crouches have to be taken into account (WS K fucks those up if they're not fast), but your point's clear.

44B might be worth throwing in that bag of options, especially for its wallsplat/RO potential.

Gotcha. Also at work right now otherwise I'd look in TM. Algol "demon flip" slide you block High or Low? I swear I've tried both

Natsu's 44B isn't the best but it does the job. Best option after 1K on hit for me is always 8A to beat out the 2A response (probably the best response). Another 1K after 8A knockdown is a good choice.

I just saw gold rock do something on stream that I thought was interesting/hadn't thought of before. Will need to test to see if it works in the open or requires a wall.

So if you break someone with 8a+b, 66b BE is the general followup. Well I saw rock do the get up bt glitch into bt a+b. Much better option as you get the same damage as 66b be but no meter. If you have a full bar you can up your damage to half life with a bt a+b CE combo.

Cool stuff.

Yes if 8A + B breaks the guard you can put BT A + B behind. It's a discovery of Sgt Jason, good Natsu player.

Another solution of guard burst after 6A, 6B or K2 you can put 6B + K, BBB, the latest hit can be oriented with the forward or backward direction (6B + K, BB, [4_6] B), which allows you to place 1A without to be near to the wall => 100 damages without clean hit ! (character specific, but that works on most characters) and sometimes Critical Edge, or if close to the wall.
6B + K BBB also allows pass over the barriers.

Sorry for my english !

Whenever I get a wall-splat with A:6 and my opponent's health is quite low, I try to go for an easier alternative to the combo requiring the Just Frame just in case of missing it and giving them a chance to come back.

I looked at a few options and the best one looks like A:6 W! A6 W! 3KKK 1A for about 106 damage. Is the 1A guaranteed? I know on A:6 W! A6 W! A6 1A it isn't guaranteed there. 1K as a replacement to 1A is guaranteed but is of course less damage.

A:6 W! A6 W! 6A+B4 PO B+K does a little bit more than a dropped PO A6 but not much. I looked at 3B but, even with the A:6 connected the damage is lower than the 3KKK 1A alternative.

Nice info about BT A+B on guard burst kAb and Rock (and Sgt Jason), going to try that out when I get home from college. I've missed the 66B window more than once to my annoyance.

has anyone else ever had a problem using stab as a punish after the just guard? it must be me because sometimes I will do a just guard and go for stab and just get 6b

Inputting an 8-way-run move from standstill requires a quick double tap in the chosen direction, so for 66B it's two quick forward taps. It's not too hard to do but it's possible to have some trouble with it.

An example is the 22B 66B combo where you get 6B instead of 66B. Just get familiar with hitting forward twice. Natsu has a lot of strong 8WR moves in combos like 44KK where you might get 4KK instead by accident. 66B+G is another example of this sort of thing.

Back