Natsu Videos Thread

- I whiff a lot.

Me too! I started just before the patch and kept trying to wakeup attack but I had to realize that Natsu's nerf is exactly against that so unless my opponent is a real scrub, I should be careful what I use when getting up from the ground.
I think we both need to tighten our execution and punish rather than getting punished.
'cha think?

The only thing I could do as a combo after A+B is 1K from a certain distance lol...better do a wake up game with throws or PO B or 4A+B,A etc

Okay, I think I see the problem. After a standing A+B, maybe not, but after 2A+B, A+B, I believe you do get the 1A ender, and all together, I think it does more damage than the air throw. I'll have to check if it's blockable or techable, but I don't think so. If it is, no one I've come across ever does, so at the very least it's a really reliable gimmick.

I think I said this earlier, 2A+B, A+B, 1A/44KK/4A+B6 was all still guaranteed, just no Caltrops for the additional damage. I also said that 2A+B PO 8B+G was more damage than 2A+B, A+B, 1A by around 4 points or so. 2A+B B+K B+G however, is less damage than the spiking 1A ender. I've been doing the PO grab version since it does more damage and of course the RO opportunity. The only time I would think the spike version is worth it is for the wall opportunity to get that extra 44KKK.

Okay, I think I see the problem. After a standing A+B, maybe not, but after 2A+B, A+B, I believe you do get the 1A ender, and all together, I think it does more damage than the air throw. I'll have to check if it's blockable or techable, but I don't think so. If it is, no one I've come across ever does, so at the very least it's a really reliable gimmick.

Yes there is nothing after A+B "alone" but in combos there is still 1A/4A+B etc ;-)

I think I said this earlier, 2A+B, A+B, 1A/44KK/4A+B6 was all still guaranteed, just no Caltrops for the additional damage.

I think after juggle hit A+B, 44K is not guanteed, it can be Ukemi'd to both sides if i remember correctly.

PS: did someone discover what Namco means in the patch note with "1A hits easier opponent on the ground" or something like that?

I've had whiffing issues where the 1A would go through or over a lying opponent, Opyrrha for example, before patch.
After patch i haven't seen that yet.

Nobody has posted here in almost a month and I've been busy with a new little one and stuff but I got around to getting back into SCV again. I still main Natsu and play very simple with her now. Thanks to 1.02 but I like her this way and it is very frustrating to a lot of players -P enjoy the vid

Good matches. You make good use of 66B. You need to duck the BE version when they throw it out on you though. I know it's hard to react sometimes.

Here's one of mine (commentated even!) from our online tournament.

I think I AAB'd too much.

Pretty great stuff. I get a lot of hate mail all the time for always using 66B. They don't understand. I either 66B or bomb on wake-up and that mix-up on a fast-paced game just makes so many people angry.

I don't think I saw enough A:6's.

My scrubby Natsu online play in cam quality xD (damn you Xbox for not having the export movie function):

http://www.youtube.com/user/gatexor/videos

I'm not in the habit of saving any of my matches so I've long forgotten what was special about these =/ I think the Algol one is pre-patch, rest should be after. Oh well, it's just online.

My scrubby Natsu online play in cam quality xD (damn you Xbox for not having the export movie function):

http://www.youtube.com/user/gatexor/videos

I'm not in the habit of saving any of my matches so I've long forgotten what was special about these =/ I think the Algol one is pre-patch, rest should be after. Oh well, it's just online.

I watched your one against OPyr and felt like you make great use of bomb pressure and mix-ups. But when you're not at advantage you tend to turtle it very hard.

I don't think I saw enough A:6's.
You're right. I forgot all about them. I'm ashamed of myself, really. I toss out 6A+B4 like it's candy on Halloween, but no A:6's. A+B is usually my punisher of choice, because I don't have to worry about being out of range, but I know it doesn't punish as much.

Someone really needs to make a list of moves that can be punished by A:6. That someone probably should be me, but I won't complain if someone beats me to it.

already working on detailed punishment for my own use. i have 4 characters finished, once i get to 6 i'll post up. in general if theyre in range i will use A:6 for -10 through -13. at 14 4B into 44K if they refuse to tech does more damage and i find that alot of the -14 moves have pushout so A:6 doesnt work properly.

-15 i usually take BK4 PO B+K and at -16 3B A:6 1A or 6A+B4 PO A:6 1A cant do 3B A:6 online to save my life so its mainly reserved for offline, but i will try it from time to time online in matches where 6A+B4 PO A:6 is impossible like against viola, ivy, raph, algol.

You're right. I forgot all about them. I'm ashamed of myself, really. I toss out 6A+B4 like it's candy on Halloween, but no A:6's. A+B is usually my punisher of choice, because I don't have to worry about being out of range, but I know it doesn't punish as much.

Why A+B over 66B? 66B has knockdown, the 4 option afterwards, and clean hit. And beefy damage.

Back