Natsu Videos Thread

Why A+B over 66B? 66B has knockdown, the 4 option afterwards, and clean hit. And beefy damage.
I guess because it's not as safe. And even though I know I can buffer, psychologically I think the the time to input the 66 adds to its impact frames. That's not a very pro attitude, I know.

I need to stop leaning on A+B so much. It gets blocked probably about 10 times a match or more. Good thing it's safe against most stuff.

already working on detailed punishment for my own use. i have 4 characters finished, once i get to 6 i'll post up. in general if theyre in range i will use A:6 for -10 through -13. at 14 4B into 44K if they refuse to tech does more damage and i find that alot of the -14 moves have pushout so A:6 doesnt work properly.

-15 i usually take BK4 PO B+K and at -16 3B A:6 1A or 6A+B4 PO A:6 1A cant do 3B A:6 online to save my life so its mainly reserved for offline, but i will try it from time to time online in matches where 6A+B4 PO A:6 is impossible like against viola, ivy, raph, algol.
4B is pretty short range too though. No better than A:6, is it?

gatexor you need to work on your block punishment and your A:6 timing, other than that they were good matches. nice bomb pressure as was mentioned.

Thanks :D I've gotten very solid with A:6 in the meantime =) Most of these replays are from over 800 matches ago, right now I'm learning slowly how to punish anything even remotely unsafe, on block, accordingly (I win entire matches with just A:6 vs less experienced players >.>) and how to play less.... passive when someone's playstyle got me stumped. I'm also experimenting a lot with trying to control the pace of the match and adopting a pokey playstyle to that purpose.

I really love this game, but I'm way too lazy to check all frame data on all opponents. I only know my own. The only way I learn safe/unsafe moves, is by match-up experience and trying to punish that same attack; hit it with A:6 first, then gradually move to slower stuff, all the way up to 66B/A+B. Are there any other common attacks that are unsafe across most chars? Like how 3B is usually unsafe and most pokes are safe.

Did you use aa6 it just apears like there is a pre hit, I can't seem to get good use of a:6; I also can't seem tor work WR k like you do; Any tips on those two things

BBK optional hold for BA is very unsafe on duck.
Kinda obvious but...still.
A little misunderstanding... I meant what other characters use against you :S (as I said, almost every 3B of the rest of the cast is unsafe, most pokes are safe..... and like you said, duckables are very punishable)

Did you use aa6 it just apears like there is a pre hit, I can't seem to get good use of a:6; I also can't seem tor work WR k like you do; Any tips on those two things

I never use AA6 , sparingly use AAB (only when I'm sure it'll be CH) and only use AA to check if something's A:6 block punishable or to get that guaranteed chip damage when I can't afford to slip up on A:6.

As far as tips go for those 2 moves.... hard to say. I've asked that question in the past myself and all people ever say is "I kinda just toss it out once in a while". I too, just toss out iWS K every now and then if I get the feeling they are about to attack. I must admit there's no real strategy to use iWS K, you just gotta get inside your opponents head and try to read the right moment to use it =/
Like, if both people just stand there blocking, there is a certain timing when almost anyone will go for an attack, especially people that are new to the game. I just make use of that knowledge and do iWS K in that split second of hesitation. After using AA and and certain other pokes, iWS K often hits when they don't expect (or you have trained them not to expect that) you will continue attacking (since you're not necessarily at advantage).

A:6 can be used the same way, but it's inadvisable to do so vs skilled people, cause at -14 on block, it is pretty punishable, not devastatingly so, but unsafe enough to make you think twice about just tossing it out there . Just AA certain attacks after blocking, to check if it's A:6 punishable, since they have the same impact frames. Furthermore, I use A:6 after launchers (including 11_77K and BT A+B) for potential ringouts or to get the ground splat to continue my okizeme. At a certain timing, a moment just before you would *usually* A:6 to get the ground splat, if you hit them with A:6, it will result in a weird air juggle that sends them flying really far.

with natsu, even many characters pokes are unsafe. again i am working on a full punishment list right now to show just what we can get in every situation.

i love punishing with A:6, but you have to know which moves it works on, there are some moves that are -10 or greater that you just cant punish with A:6 because of pushout. AA is necessary in these cases or you will whiff the 2nd and 3rd hit of A:6 and might even be open to punishment on hit.

off the top of my head here are some moves that are heavily used by other characters that are A:6 punishable at -10 or -11.

zwei 1BK (the K)
asta bullrush with back to edge or wall
leixia AA, FC 3B, 66K,
natsu AA
nightmare 3K
voldo 66B and 2BB
raph 3A
pyrrha and omega 66A at close range, and B+K at any range
patroklos 3A

there are tons of others as well and you can really limit what a character can use if you are consistent in your A:6 punishment.

Here you go guys please leave feedback, if you need any help please add me on xbox. GT: Sea Angler. |If my friends list is full just send me a message. Thanks.

wtf did i just watch?

why are you doing BK4 before each HOV B?

most of these are setups off of basic combos. 22KA isnt a normal hit combo, the BT PO K BT A+B can probably be AC'd.

it looks like you could benefit from looking through our combo thread more than the other way around

Don't want to be a party pooper, but those are either widely known, or not really combos but either tech-traps or air controllable non-combos.

It's only a combo if all of the attacks in it are guaranteed.
Meaning they cannot be avoided with Air Control, Ukemi or anything.

:4::(4)::K: for example is only guaranteed directly after a bomb.
Otherwise it can be avoided with Ukemi in the correct direction.

Hard to ukemi in your setup though, because they have to do different ukemi,
depending on the angle at which :3::K:.:K:.:K: hits.

Bomb won't launch after a knockdown if they just stay down and roll or do nothing.

BT :A+B: can be avoided by air control after juggle hit of Back Turned PO :K: like kAb said

After :2::A+B:, if you do critical edge too early like in your video, you are missing out on damage, because CE hits before opponent hits the ground after the bomb which does damage.

You only need early CE if you want to do double CE combo.
This also applies after WS :B:.:4::A+B:

http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsu-1-02-combo-and-tech-trap-listing.12499/

^Here are most of her combos already listed.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/natsu-1-02-combo-discussion.8868/

^Here you can discuss combos and post new ones.

I am going to move this to the Natsu Videos section, because it doesn't need it's own thread.

Snip video

As mentioned before these aren't for sure. But the thing is if you were to show mix-ups...I'm having a hard time wording this. Say you go into hover, if you do HOV A a lot they'll be trained to block low, so you mix-up with HOV B and that leaves you to go ahead and do your combo. Same thing with bombs. I train my opponent to block bombs automatically while rising, and when they're comfy with that I throw an A+B at them or a 66B$, and follow those up (since they both have KD attributes) with either bombs, or another A+B/66B. It's really frustrating for your opponent if they guess wrong and that usually leads to poorer performance, I've seen. Also a fuck ton of hate mail.

Aside from what the others have said I do think the video is useful if you would explain these things.

A timely congrats to ilTokyoli for winning the MLG tournament which has just taken place. If anyone would like to check out any NaSTu vids from the tourney, feel free to scope them out.
If anyone can post any of the vids to this thread, please be my guest.

I really admire his use of 33_99A(delay) to either the following B or letting it ride out and start with 66B... that's pretty smart playing right there.

Also the smaller stuff with the abuse of 66K and 66B4 perfectly. 33_66_99B is one of Natsu's most amazing move. Everyone should really try to understand it more like this.

Hawkeye, I congrat you on a solid win. I really wish you could've pulled this win at Final Round but you hit the lab and calmed your nerves. I can't wait to see a rematch between you and Omega one day. You sir are solid and deserved the win hands down.

P.S. does Wyst or Wzyst still play? He had a bad ass Nightmare in SC2 and put me out at Texas vs USA back then.

Back