Natsu Videos Thread

@PhredLevi: There are a lot of dropped combos -- and you consistently fail to punish what looks to me like Rafiel's BBB (which is -16, so A:6 is easy, and you can even fit bbk or kk2k in).

@PhredLevi: There are a lot of dropped combos -- and you consistently fail to punish what looks to me like Rafiel's BBB (which is -16, so A:6 is easy, and you can even fit bbk or kk2k in).
Yeah, those are what I'm practicing.
This gets a bit silly with the teleport dodging, but I land some combos.

Hmm. Caught the 4B 3KKK 44k, but there were still a lot of dropped combos and missed guarunteed punishes.

Have you been working on a:6?

fortune: 1. Find somone to play with in person or get Internet to your practice machine. Playing against the AI just isn't the same (worse against the very high level AIs unless you're solid on technique and just trying to train reflexes, as they are very unforgiving). 2. Learn a:6, practice it until reliable, and drill the variations on 6A+B4 A:6 3kkk 1A (or mixup) (AKA the Combo of Death) with its variety of starters (CH 4B (no 6A+B4 A:6), CH WR K, A;6 W!, Hov B, Hov A (2nd hit only) etc; the easiest for non CH practice is Hov B, but once you've got that working you want to set CH and play with the others too). 3. It doesn't work like it does with a human opponent, but practice changing up. You use a lot of AAB, which is a solid move, but isn't safe against a lot of characters, but if you had more options you'd be mixing it up more often. 4. 2k/2a. Learn to love the quick low pokes.

Its hard in NZ to find people in person to play agaisnt. I should be getting my net back up soon.
Thanks for the help ill keep that in mind =)

http://calibur.8wayrun.com/media/natsu-me.5192/
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you guys could help me improve with natsu.
I dont have the net at home atm but here is a video of me VS the AI..
thanks

More 22A. Lets Natsu in on a lot of favorable situations just because of that move.

I love Natsu's evasion, so understand why 22A, A+B, 8K, and 66B are all amazing and abusable.

Actually, you do plenty of 66B. Mix it up with a little 66AB if they start stepping you a lot.

Finally, if you wanna take your Natsu to the next level, master your A:6 punishes.

Good luck! If you post a video of yourself against another player, we can maybe look at your tendencies and habits in the heat of a live match.

http://calibur.8wayrun.com/media/natsu-me.5192/
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you guys could help me improve with natsu.
I dont have the net at home atm but here is a video of me VS the AI..
thanks
Who 'dat, Penny from Big Bang Theory? HA ha, 'cause if it IS, *joke troll*, YEAHS! LMAO, cuz!
fortunesfriend, which AI difficulty is the IVY?

I dislike Ivy as well, well...that's if you do also. <-- beside any point, your pardon. :-)

EDIT # 2-- at that third set, match point Guard Crush, instead of the wall jump kick to a self ringout, (it's okay dog), in a situation like that, if there is no wall, you can hit her with 66B (BE) --> 1A to knock her down, AND have her back against the ring edge. If there was a wall AND you're aware of it, then go-'head and wall kick AWAY!

Just wanted to tell you that on ch 11a if they don't tech, 4a+b hits grounded for free. If they do tech 66k will work.

Aeon 4b+k is -10 punishable and he seemed to use it frequently. 33k is also -10. Punish ws b with kk2k, punish 3b with kk2k or 3kk if you are too far.

He almost always did 66a after broken throws, try to jg them here or anytime he is predictable with them.

I have already got afew tips from drake about my general play and was wondering if you have afew more tips for me

Thanks

Oddly, the first fight seems the most solid. Lots of mixup, rushdown, sidestepping, and some good combos. And some good sidestep whiffs.

Which is probably the most striking thing about the other two fights --they seem very linear, without even the use of 22/88b or 22/88ka you use in the first fight. (also, 22A. Because a free aab or mixup is always good.)

I'm quite sure you're better than I am based on your rating/record, but that's what I can see.

Oddly, the first fight seems the most solid. Lots of mixup, rushdown, sidestepping, and some good combos. And some good sidestep whiffs.

Which is probably the most striking thing about the other two fights --they seem very linear, without even the use of 22/88b or 22/88ka you use in the first fight. (also, 22A. Because a free aab or mixup is always good.)

I'm quite sure you're better than I am based on your rating/record, but that's what I can see.

Hmm interesting I do see where your coming from, Ive been told Im too predicable
so I need to find out how to break this, although Im not sure how to go about this..

I have already got afew tips from drake about my general play and was wondering if you have afew more tips for me

Thanks

After watching your video here is some advice I have for you

1. You whiff alot when your opponent is on the ground. When your opponent is on the ground you want to try your best to pressure him and force a mixup.. not give him free damage.

PS:I think Natsus AA or A:6 will beat any of Siegfried's options if he enters his special stance from 3b.. of course assuming your close enough (Can somebody please confirm this?)

Back